Curry/KG
59%

Total votes: 44

Matt15
Assistant Coach
And1: 500

Peak Only: Kobe/Jokic vs Curry/KG 

Post#1 » by Matt15 » Sat May 4, 2024 9:01 am

Peak only, which duo would you rather have?
Throwawaytheone
Ballboy
And1: 7

Re: Peak Only: Kobe/Jokic vs Curry/KG 

Post#2 » by Throwawaytheone » Sun May 5, 2024 9:40 am

Well, Curry and Garnett are both top 10 peaks ever and Kobe and Jokic lie somewhere in the 12-20 range so it seems clear to me. If you try to center an argument around fitting as a duo... I don't want to state the obvious but KG and Curry are GOAT tier in port/scalability and Kobe, while fairly scalable, isn't on their level, and Jokic has a whole heap of issues on defense.
An Unbiased Fan
RealGM
And1: 5,524

Post#3 » by An Unbiased Fan » Sun May 5, 2024 3:48 pm

Pretty easily Kobe/Jokic, both are a bit above Curry/KG

Jokic would be like Pau 5.0, that's a near perfect pairing
7-time RealGM MVPoster 2009-2016
Inducted into RealGM HOF 1st ballot in 2017
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,185

Post#4 » by Colbinii » Sun May 5, 2024 4:00 pm

An Unbiased Fan wrote:Pretty easily Kobe/Jokic, both are a bit above Curry/KG

You mean Kobe would be Murray 2.0
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,393

Post#5 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sun May 5, 2024 9:53 pm

The thing that might swing this to Jokic/Kobe for me is Jokic as a playoff performer to me is clearly the best here and if Kobe could truly let him have the reins on offense it would make things much easier for him. It's almost a question of would Kobe allow Jokic to do his thing to its fullest without forcing things.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,448

Post#6 » by dygaction » Mon May 6, 2024 7:59 am

Colbinii wrote:

You mean Kobe would be Murray 2.0

Murray Pro Max with added battery pack
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#7 » by ardee » Mon May 6, 2024 10:56 am

Conversely, KG is like a super Draymond, and would fit very well with Steph too.

I'd take Kobe/Nikola tho, I trust them both more in the Playoffs than the other two.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,187

Post#8 » by Laimbeer » Mon May 6, 2024 3:00 pm

ardee wrote:

Conversely, KG is like a super Draymond, and would fit very well with Steph too.

I'd take Kobe/Nikola tho, I trust them both more in the Playoffs than the other two.

KG didn't have Draymond's playmaking ability and Curry would miss that a bit.
Smoothbutta
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#9 » by Smoothbutta » Mon May 6, 2024 5:27 pm

The pick and roll would be legendary with KG however. Defenders have to respect KG 10x more than Draymond when they have the ball in their hands too.

You gotta take the duo with the best defender and best overall offensive efficiency
Tesla
Analyst
And1: 102

Post#10 » by Tesla » Wed May 8, 2024 6:16 pm

You got a player like ANT smashing through the playoffs right now, he's such a inefficient not so great peak player like Kobe was :roll:

I don't have a problem with anyone taking KG/Curry, but I don't even know if anything is more offensively efficient by the pair, Jokic and Kobe were part of some of the most efficient offenses
Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.
-Nikola Tesla
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#11 » by dygaction » Wed May 8, 2024 6:33 pm

Tesla wrote:You got a player like ANT smashing through the playoffs right now, he's such a inefficient not so great peak player like Kobe was :roll:

I don't have a problem with anyone taking KG/Curry, but I don't even know if anything is more offensively efficient by the pair, Jokic and Kobe were part of some of the most efficient offenses

Ant is a inefficient not so great peak player? He is 22, and over the 17 playoff games, averaged 29.6/5.4r/4.6a/1.6s/1.3b on .50/.39/.83 shooting, .623TS%, .20WS/48, and 8.3BPM, that's Steph Curry level efficiency...
Tesla
Analyst

Post#12 » by Tesla » Wed May 8, 2024 6:37 pm

dygaction wrote:
Tesla wrote:You got a player like ANT smashing through the playoffs right now, he's such a inefficient not so great peak player like Kobe was :roll:

Ant is a inefficient not so great peak player? He is 22, and over the 17 playoff games, averaged 29.6/5.4r/4.6a/1.6s/1.3b on .50/.39/.83 shooting, .623TS%, .20WS/48, and 8.3BPM, that's Steph Curry level efficiency...

It was sarcasm, in general his stats as a slashing guard that plays with good energy and defense isn't the greatest, same with Kobe, its just silly to me that people just look at FG%/TS% as the barometer of what separates great players, its not nearly as important as people think, but thats my opinion.
Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

-Nikola Tesla
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#13 » by dygaction » Wed May 8, 2024 6:44 pm

Tesla wrote:
dygaction wrote:

It was sarcasm, in general his stats as a slashing guard that plays with good energy and defense isn't the greatest, same with Kobe, its just silly to me that people just look at FG%/TS% as the barometer of what separates great players, its not nearly as important as people think, but thats my opinion.

We have different views on his offense. imo he is playing more like 97 MJ on offense at least in this playoff, very poised and dependable with a back to the basket fadaway jumper - of course athletesm is there whenever needed.
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 6,025

Post#14 » by falcolombardi » Wed May 8, 2024 7:03 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
ardee wrote:

KG didn't have Draymond's playmaking ability and Curry would miss that a bit.

Garnett was a better playmaker than draymond
Tesla
Analyst

Post#15 » by Tesla » Wed May 8, 2024 7:16 pm

dygaction wrote:
Tesla wrote:
dygaction wrote:

We have different views on his offense. imo he is playing more like 97 MJ on offense at least in this playoff, very poised and dependable with a back to the basket fadaway jumper - of course athletesm is there whenever needed.

I think we very much agree, I brought ANT up into this because I am a huge fan of his game and think it produces winning basketball, I also think the stats are not the greatest (still very good), but thats not important to me, that was my point.

-Nikola Tesla
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,133

Post#16 » by iggymcfrack » Wed May 8, 2024 10:20 pm

I'd take Curry and KG pretty easily. They fit together perfectly, much better than Kobe and Jokic plus they have better overall talent. Peak KG is probably about 99% as valuable as peak Jokic, but I don't think peak Kobe is in the same stratosphere as peak Steph. Most of the arguments for Kobe are about him being very good for a long time, but he never even peaked as the best player in the league.

Return to Player Comparisons