46%
Tyrus Thomas
54%

Total votes: 41

evilRyu
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#21 » by evilRyu » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:48 pm

Edit: what is the fuss about Tyrus's playing time? He's averaging more minutes than Davis
CousinOfDeath
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,260

Post#22 » by CousinOfDeath » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:56 pm

evilRyu wrote:Edit: what is the fuss about Tyrus's playing time? He's averaging more minutes than Davis

Its not the average, its that one night TT would play 30 minutes, but the next 3 games he would combine for 3 minutes with one DNP-CD. He either plays mistake free and gets rewarded or he makes one bad pass or one foul and is benched for the rest of the game. That is why Bulls fans are mad about his playing time.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#23 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:08 pm

JeffJordan wrote:I am a Bulls fan that voted for Big Baby. I think TT is that much of a bust. Glen Davis is becoming a legit NBA player that deserves time on one of the top 2 teams in the league.

Since when?
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#24 » by NetsForce » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:25 pm

Big Baby is exploitation city come playoff time hopefully Doc understand that and doesn't try to play him too many minutes.
evilRyu
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#25 » by evilRyu » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:12 pm

Brando13 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
one night TT would play 30 minutes, but the next 3 games he would combine for 3 minutes with one DNP-CD.

I know you're trying to prove a point with TT and minutes, but looking at his game log, there is no pattern even close to what you've suggested.

I see that his minutes is sporadic, but it's not nearly as how you described it. He never had a 30 minute game followed by a DNP-CD occurred in any of the next 3 games.
Paxson
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#26 » by Paxson » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:58 pm

I can't believe this is a topic. Baby play one great game and now he is a star.

Did any one watch the celtics - pistons game?

Baby waited under the basket as Pierce and garnett drew double and triple teams before "feeding" the ball to Baby.

Tyrus would have score 30 points in the game.
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,177

Post#27 » by UGA Hayes » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:17 pm

Two things have really helped davis. He has cut out all of the fancy moves he tried to do in college and is beelining to the basket where as it turns out he is an amazingly good finisher. He can do this b/c he has clearly lost a lot of weight he is apparently at 289 right now which is really good. Given that Right now both tyrus and Davis's offense depends on how well they finish Davis is better. Davis is also a extremely good offensive rebounder. Tyrus is probably better on defense although Davis has looked much better than I thought. He is sort of the anti-tyrus in that he doesn't sky for blocks, but is very hard to move off of the blocks.
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#28 » by The Rondo Show » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:21 pm

Paxson wrote:I can't believe this is a topic. Baby play one great game and now he is a star.

Did any one watch the celtics - pistons game?

Baby waited under the basket as Pierce and garnett drew double and triple teams before "feeding" the ball to Baby.

Tyrus would have score 30 points in the game.
I'd take Tyrus over Davis as well (and always liked Tyrus' potential a ton), even as a Celtics fan, but Big Baby really doesn't need to be a star in order to be compared to Tyrus or better than Tyrus Thomas. Tyrus is very far from a star himself at this point.

Return to Player Comparisons