Dwight Howard vs. Emeka Okafor (hypothetical)

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

Who would be the better player?

Emeka Okafor with the Magic
7%
Dwight Howard with the Bobcats
93%

Total votes: 14

kookie_819
Assistant Coach
And1: 55

Dwight Howard vs. Emeka Okafor (hypothetical) 

Post#1 » by kookie_819 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:20 pm

Now, before anyone says anything, I will say that Dwight is already better than Emeka, and has been better for a couple of years. I should know, I'm a Magic fan.

But hypothetically speaking, if the Magic were to draft Emeka with the #1 pick, and leaving the Bobcats (well, it might be the Clippers) with Dwight, who would be the better player today? Everyone and their mothers know that Emeka is being horribly used with the Bobcats, and most people, including me, think that he can be a nice 2nd option and a terror on defense. And who knows? Dwight with the Bobcats might be a completely different player. Maybe a KG clone like they were predicting him to be before the 2004 draft?

So anyway, who would you choose, if Emeka was with the Magic and Dwight was with the Bobcats?
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,584

Re: Dwight Howard vs. Emeka Okafor (hypothetical) 

Post#2 » by hermes » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:28 pm

kookie_819 wrote:Now, before anyone says anything, I will say that Dwight is already better than Emeka, and has been better for a couple of years. I should know, I'm a Magic fan.

But hypothetically speaking, if the Magic were to draft Emeka with the #1 pick, and leaving the Bobcats (well, it might be the Clippers) with Dwight, who would be the better player today? Everyone and their mothers know that Emeka is being horribly used with the Bobcats, and most people, including me, think that he can be a nice 2nd option and a terror on defense. And who knows? Dwight with the Bobcats might be a completely different player. Maybe a KG clone like they were predicting him to be before the 2004 draft?

So anyway, who would you choose, if Emeka was with the Magic and Dwight was with the Bobcats?
i doubt it
i'll take dwight
bballcool34
General Manager
And1: 615

Post#3 » by bballcool34 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:31 pm

If anything, I'd say Emeka would be slightly better than he is now meaning that he'd be used in the Magic's offense more effectively.

But, I still see Dwight being around the same player he is now. I don't see the Magic as having done anything particularly special in helping his development and improvement.
Damn
kookie_819
Assistant Coach
And1: 55

Post#4 » by kookie_819 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:40 pm

bballcool34 wrote:If anything, I'd say Emeka would be slightly better than he is now meaning that he'd be used in the Magic's offense more effectively.

But, I still see Dwight being around the same player he is now. I don't see the Magic as having done anything particularly special in helping his development and improvement.

I don't know about that. Before he was in the NBA, scouts especially noted Dwight's more perimeter-oriented game. He had a jumpshot, because he didn't have a growth spurt until his sophomore or junior year, and actually played guard.

After he came to the Magic, the Magic organization, notably Brian Hill, made Dwight play in the post more and gain more muscle and strength, despite Dwight's preference of developing his jump shot.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#5 » by NetsForce » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:55 pm

Dwight would still be better. I was a fan of Emeka's early on but he's just not bringing it like he used to, he's being misused yes but I still expect more from him :nonono:
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#6 » by ponder276 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:50 am

Dwight is the best C since Shaq. Dwight by a huge margin.
Joseph17
RealGM
And1: 529

Post#7 » by Joseph17 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:31 am

Dwight would still be better.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#8 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:05 pm

I think Emeka would have been better on the Magic than Howard on the Bobcats because Howard was too young and green to come into a brand new franchise and be "the man".

That's not to say that Howard isn't an out and out stud now, but I don't know if he would have been up to the pressure of the responsibility of being the face of a franchise that early in he career and straight out of high school.

Look at the players Emeka had around him that 1st year and what he had to and was expected to do. I'm not sure what that would have done to Howard's confidence.
B B M F 'ers
enuggz
Starter
And1: 5

Post#9 » by enuggz » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:30 pm

Dwight would be even better with the Bobcats, especially once they got Felton the next year.
Bac2Basics wrote:*Documentary Voice*
The lockout affected them all a little differently, a couple of them went completely stark raving nuts.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#10 » by CourtsideTV » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:48 pm

dwight would jack up too many 3's
Work Hard
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#11 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:32 pm

CourtsideTV wrote:dwight would jack up too many 3's

He would have had to because we were so bad that 1st year!!

:lol:
B B M F 'ers

Return to Player Comparisons