Devin Harris
16%

Total votes: 32

HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#21 » by HarlemHeat37 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 5:11 am

JES12 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Is that why Parker fears Harris? Harris is seriously in Parker's head and parker struggles against Harris!!!! How can you sit there and say you don't even notice him?

because...I don't...?..

I was planning on watching him during the playoffs last year, but the Mavs couldn't make it past the 8th seed..so I couldn't :(
Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Teddy KGB » Tue Feb 5, 2008 5:11 am

per 48 numbers are useless. if Harris deserved as many or more minutes than Josh Howard, he would get more minutes. According to per 48 numbers Andrew Bynum is a shoe-in for the hall of fame with 22/17 with 3.5 blocks
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#23 » by JES12 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 5:13 am

ss_maverick wrote:per 48 numbers are useless. if Harris deserved as many or more minutes than Josh Howard, he would get more minutes. According to per 48 numbers Andrew Bynum is a shoe-in for the hall of fame with 22/17 with 3.5 blocks
Yeah and Hollinger and Yahoo sports have the 10th best PG as Jason Terry. Do we even have a top 30 swingman (that 96 minutes) to comete with Howard for minutes?
JES12
RealGM

Post#24 » by JES12 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 5:23 am

You know what, this ain't even worth it. I, along with 37% of over 4000 mav fans think Harris has been our MVP this year vs Howard 33%.

Harris and Howard are my 2 favorite mavs (though, impact on the games is Dirk, Harris, Howard, in that order, IMO) and I'm not going to sit here had try to say that one is better than the other when both are crucial to our team. I just think that Harris has a much better impact on the game than Howard (especially all the "intangibles" that don't show in the box) an I know that you see it differnetly.

Who cares, they and we are both on the same side. When you have players that are excelent on both sides of the court, you don't let them go.
Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#25 » by Black Jesus 1 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 5:51 am

Meh, Devin's constant aggressiveness and ability to finish around the rim more consistently is why I'll take Devin so far this year. He's killin

J-Ho is still really good, but I think Josh can get too jumper happy even though his 3 ball and mid range game is good.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#26 » by yungal07 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 5:55 am

There's no doubt in my mind that Howard is the better and more important player to the Mavs. He is the best 2 way player on the Mavs period. You take him off the team, and replace with who? Trenton Hassell? Ughhhh...
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#27 » by Tha King » Tue Feb 5, 2008 5:59 am

JES12 wrote:Dallas without Howard: 2-1
Dallas without Harris 4-4 (that's including tonights, which is the most recent game in everybody's mind where Devin did not even have a chance for them to watch Harris and Howard is coming off one of the VERY FEW GAMES HE DECIDED TO APPEAR IN THE 2ND HALF!!!!!!!!!!!) And we only won that one because everyone was actually making their jumpshots. Howard SETTLES for the jumpshot whereas Harris takes it to them.

To say this least, this thread is going to be skewed off popularity, not importance AND by the mere fact that people remember the most recnt games.

If Harris was a playmaking PG then one could easily make a case for him. The problem is he isn't the greatest distributor, he is more of a combo guard. Also, the Mavs dont really pass much, most of their points come off of iso's. Therefore all we can do is compare the players and their value/production, in this case it's Howard, and it's not even close.
Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Post#28 » by Canomad » Tue Feb 5, 2008 6:06 am

howard no questions. why is this even a topic. we all know who is more important. hell even jason terry is more important then harris.
mudyez
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#29 » by mudyez » Tue Feb 5, 2008 6:07 am

I really like Harris and think he could do more in therms of assist-stats if Dallas wouldnt play a inside-out-iso-style...That said, Howard is the better player and more important for the mavs

damp
dirk
howard
stack
terry

over

damp
dirk
stack
terry
harris
JES12
RealGM

Post#30 » by JES12 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 6:08 am

Tha King wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If Harris was a playmaking PG then one could easily make a case for him. The problem is he isn't the greatest distributor, he is more of a combo guard. Also, the Mavs dont really pass much, most of their points come off of iso's. Therefore all we can do is compare the players and their value/production, in this case it's Howard, and it's not even close.
Appaarently, you don't watch the games. Harris causes 2, sometim4es 3 players to swarm on him and he finds the open Howard, Dirk, Bass, Diop, Damp. Harris gets more double-teams than Howard.

Oh, BTW,ss_maverick...I think you need to go to the Mavs board to give your input. As of right now, it's unaminous Harris (4-0).
JES12
RealGM

Post#31 » by JES12 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 6:09 am

letsgetit wrote:howard no questions. why is this even a topic. we all know who is more important. hell even jason terry is more important then harris.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :crazy: :crazy:
JES12
RealGM

Post#32 » by JES12 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 6:11 am

mudyez wrote:I really like Harris and think he could do more in therms of assist-stats if Dallas wouldnt play a inside-out-iso-style...That said, Howard is the better player and more important for the mavs

damp
dirk
howard
stack
terry

over

damp
dirk
Bass/George
stack
harris
Fixed

Now comon ss_maverick. As evident of the last 2 posts, even you can see that clearly, Mavs fans know their team better than the masses. Don't know why you even posted this thread on this forum knowing they do not watch the Mavs as much as the Mav fans. That one dude said Terry is more important that Harris! He, clearly has not watched a Mav game all year.
ppp000
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#33 » by ppp000 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 6:57 am

Black Jesus 1 wrote:Meh, Devin's constant aggressiveness and ability to finish around the rim more consistently is why I'll take Devin so far this year. He's killin

J-Ho is still really good, but I think Josh can get too jumper happy even though his 3 ball and mid range game is good.

I agree. Biggest problem with JHo is his dropoff in the 2nd half of games. Josh is the better player, but the impact on their teams this year is debatable IMO.
All I know is Terry sucks as a PG and we desperately need Devin back for when our team gets too jumper happy, which is often.
Teddy KGB
General Manager

Post#34 » by Teddy KGB » Tue Feb 5, 2008 7:14 am

well, obviously there are going to be some neutral fans who are unsure about Dallas' exact rotations. and i too don't think that JET is more important than Harris
Point forward
Head Coach
And1: 285

Post#35 » by Point forward » Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:43 am

JHo is better and has more impact. The only case where Devin's value is about equal is when the Mavs play the Spurs with Tony Parker. W/o Devin's defensive quickness, it would be hard to win.
JES12
RealGM

Post#36 » by JES12 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:47 am

Point forward wrote:JHo is better and has more impact. The only case where Devin's value is about equal is when the Mavs play the Spurs with Tony Parker. W/o Devin's defensive quickness, it would be hard to win.
Think you missed the New Orleans games where Paul only scored on Terry (not Harris). The same thing can be said for Ellis...only scores on Terry. Jameer Nelson -bam..same thing. Then his effect on the offense cannot be overlooked either. When 2-3 playes swarm him, other are wide open (assuming Harris does not beat all three of them to the hole).
Teddy KGB
General Manager

Post#37 » by Teddy KGB » Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:52 am

Well no one is denying that Harris is good defensively.

But if Harris had that sort of impact offensively [i.e. triple team, which I have NEVER seen on Harris] then why does he only get 5.3apg?
JES12
RealGM

Post#38 » by JES12 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:58 am

Hockey assists!
JES12
RealGM

Post#39 » by JES12 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:58 am

If he doesn't get to the hole 1st!
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#40 » by ponder276 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 9:01 am

Harris gives the Mavs more quickness and slashing, but without Josh that team really lacks scoring in general. Plus Terry and Barea can step in and do a pretty good job with Harris out, but the Mavs have a serious lack of 2s and 3s outside of Josh. My vote goes to Josh Howard, by a decent but not massive margin.

Return to Player Comparisons