Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Re: Ok, NOW: Tmac OR Pierce on the all-time 

Post#41 » by Baller 24 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:20 pm

DarkAzcura wrote:
Baller 24 wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:if McGrady goes to a bad team he will soon find himself in Pierce's shoes. If he goes to a great team he will soon find himself in Kobe's shoes.

McGrady has been part of a bad team basically his entire career. Besides his last couple of years with the Rockets. McGrady in Orlando had a team that I Pierce couldn't take to the playoffs on his own. I'm going to say the same thing to you which I said to the others..Pierce has never been considered a top 10 MVP candidate...while McGrady even in his worse season gets 8th...again 6 times in the past 8 yrs hes been an MVP candidate. His impact on the team is greater then Pierce, much greater like I said winning percentage for the Rockets over 62% in games he plays while in games he doesn't only 23%. Just because the guy wins a ring doesn't put him over the top...Cowens played better then Kareem and played in one of the greatest finals ever, but should Cowens be ranked higher...Kareem only won 2 Finals MVPs out of 6 championships. Its just stupid how people are putting it that way, no one in NBA history I can guarantee you no player is ranked higher then a player that wasn't on the same level achievement wise just because of a NBA finals MVP. McGrady also in his worse season makes the all nba 3rd team. While Pierce can't go any higher then 2nd team and can't do it more then what 2-3 times? while McGrady in his best seasons NOT MAKING THE FINALS OR ECF makes the all NBA 1st team, TWICE. Pierce has been the the ECF and Finals, yet still can't make any higher then 2nd.

Last year the Celtics had a 11% winning percentage without Pierce...and a 42% winning percentage with him.

I can play that game a bit too.

Mcgrady averages out to AT LEAST 50+ wins during the season. Pierce with that winning percentage can't make the playoffs, or win 50 games for that instance (besides this year, where I'm sure KG and Allen had nothing to do with ;) )
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark

Return to Player Comparisons