All-"Joe Sixpack" Team?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

lethalweapon3
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,181
Location: State Farm Arena, Moving The Ball From Side To Side

All-"Joe Sixpack" Team? 

Post#1 » by lethalweapon3 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:09 am

(No doubt this has been done before, maybe even recently... I'm just too lazy to search for an old thread)

While flipping between hoops and Palin/Biden, I was challenged by one of my cynical pals to field a team of 15 that could be a legitimate playoff team (not a champ, just a 41-win squad) the other day, constrained by these rules:

(A) Person who (correctly) would mark "White, Not of Hispanic Origin" on the race/ethnicity line of their Census form

(B) Must have been born in any one of the 50 United States ("Sorry, Nash 'n Dirk!" Kaman is safe, though.) Territories, too, so long as criterion (A) holds.

(C) Must be (or is likely to be) on an active 2008-2009 NBA roster ("Larry Bird isn't coming through that door!")

I thought this would be easy as pie... I got as far as Chris Kaman, Mike Miller and David Lee before the vein in the middle of my forehead started throbbing.

PG - Kirk Hinrich, Luke Ridnour, Steve Blake
SG - Mike Miller, Jason Kapono, Brent Barry
SF - Mike Dunleavy, Matt Carroll
PF - David Lee, Kevin Love, Troy Murphy, Nick Collison
C - Chris Kaman, Brad Miller, Spencer Hawes

Halfcourt Heaven, sure, but a few too many turnstile defenders for my taste. If placed in a weak division I'd max that team out at about 36 wins.

Who would you add/cut to this team to improve it (Chris Andersen? Kyle Korver? Jeff Foster? The Mighty Quinn?) and how many victories could you project for your team?

~lw3
"Dunking is better than sex." - Shawn Kemp, 1996
dalekjazz
Sixth Man
And1: 2
Location: Karl Malone Quote: "Anybody not wearing a Utah Jazz jersey is the enemy."

Re: All-"Joe Sixpack" Team? 

Post#2 » by dalekjazz » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:42 am

Where's Matt Harpring? Did you know he played High School football?
lethalweapon3
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by lethalweapon3 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:25 am

dalekjazz wrote:Where's Matt Harpring? Did you know he played High School football?

Nope I totally forgot. He was born in Cincy and I immediately wondered if he was on that Moeller powerhouse team (turns out "no..." but his dad was). Matt was raised around these parts in the ATL burbs and played football here.

Tried hard to squeeze my fellow Yellow Jacket onto the team. Alas, he's got a bum ankle and is probably closer to joining the A.A.R.P. than the J.A.Z.Z. Who would you boot (Hawes?) to add him?

~lw3
fivas14
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by fivas14 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:14 pm

Matt Carrol over Kyle Korver?
lethalweapon3
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by lethalweapon3 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:02 pm

fivas14 wrote:Matt Carrol over Kyle Korver?

sooo... your answer to the question is "Kyle Korver in, Matt Carroll out, for a bench spot," right? Sounds fine to me!

~lw3

Return to Player Comparisons