Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,110
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: A.Randolph vs M.Beasley 

Post#441 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:04 am

20 pounds would make a huge difference... from 197 to 117 would be quite noticeable.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
5Strong
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#442 » by 5Strong » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:19 am

NO-KG-AI wrote: from 197 to 117 would be quite noticeable.

Zach Randolph wants to hear more.
5Strong
Pro Prospect

Post#443 » by 5Strong » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:32 am

Also, I think I read somewhere that Randolph can bench press more weight than anyone on his team. Even if I've got that part wrong the weight was pretty impressive. The guy may be lean, but he's definitely not weak. I'll try to find the link.
Ben Wilson25
Rookie
And1: 530

Post#444 » by Ben Wilson25 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:24 pm

canefandynasty wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:So, how many effective power forwards have their been listed at 6'9"? I'd venture to say hundreds. My point, my good friend, has just been proven by you. Thank you for your assistance.

Huh? Listed at 6'9, lots. But ones that are actual 6'7 with a small standing reach like Beasley? Have fun finding ten out of these hundreds now.

Josh Smith
Shawn Marion
Thaddues Young
Al Horford
Joakim Noah

Have all defended PFs pretty decently

Noah is 6' 11".
dookieguy
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#445 » by dookieguy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:45 pm

It's difficult to tell at this point because AR hasn't proven much if anything at all. Beasley has a lot of leverage at this point because he has proven he can play starter minutes and put up excellent numbers to go along with solid D.

AR seems impressive for now, but I think our judgment should be reserved for when he slowly starts to get minutes next season (hopefully).

On the other hand, I'll be watching Beasley closely in the Hawks-Heat series.
5Strong
Pro Prospect

Post#446 » by 5Strong » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:03 pm

Nellie named him our starting PF for next season, so that should help a lot.
gswhoopsman
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#447 » by gswhoopsman » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:29 pm

Honestly beasley will blow this out of the water (at least temporarily) during the playoffs. Lets just revisit in a year.
Catchall:The Bucks traded him for Monta Ellis and did well in that trade.If they can move Biedrins and Jefferson without losing much more than Barnes and another pick, I will be genuinely impressed.Iguodala is a short-sighted contract. Overrated player.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#448 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:05 pm

That's gonna suck, if a player has even a decent playoffs while another guy isn't there, it's the crux of every poor argument for why player A is better than player B.

Anyway, I'd love to see Randolph developed more as a big 3 instead of a 4, but I <3 big lineups.

I can picture him playing the 3 with Chris Paul at PG... yummy.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#449 » by GswStorm3 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:14 pm

Miami will be one and done either way.
gswhoopsman
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#450 » by gswhoopsman » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:25 pm

I wouldn't be so sure about that...I could definitely see them beating Atlanta

Yeah a lot of warriors fans want Randolph to be a 3 instead of a 4, but a lot of his best skills, like shot blocking and rebounding could be lost. It seems like nellie wanted him to be a 3 as well, (on draft night he probably thought he drafted a 7 foot small forward and thats why he lost interest early in the season) as he was playing him with 2 other big men. and even having him handle some point guard responsibilities a few times to end the season.
Catchall:The Bucks traded him for Monta Ellis and did well in that trade.If they can move Biedrins and Jefferson without losing much more than Barnes and another pick, I will be genuinely impressed.Iguodala is a short-sighted contract. Overrated player.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#451 » by GswStorm3 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:59 pm

Joe Johnson has a much stronger supporting cast around him than Wade. That will be the difference in that series along with Atlanta having home court advantage.
BlaZeN27
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#452 » by BlaZeN27 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:47 pm

GswStorm3 wrote:Joe Johnson has a much stronger supporting cast around him than Wade. That will be the difference in that series along with Atlanta having home court advantage.

I'll be the first to admit how mediocre our supporting cast is, but it really isn't that much worse then the Joe Johnson's if you consider the fact that Marvin Williams isn't close to 100%.

The team's stats are near identical in near every category. That would lead someone to think the team with Dwyane Wade has the advantage considering he's the best player on the floor and is capable of taking over games.
WadeKnicks2010
Lead Assistant

Post#453 » by WadeKnicks2010 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:30 pm

Heat are starting Udonis Haslem over Michael Beasley despite the fact that Haslem still has stitches in his hand.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#454 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:35 pm

GswStorm3 wrote:Joe Johnson has a much stronger supporting cast around him than Wade. That will be the difference in that series along with Atlanta having home court advantage.

Dwyane Wade is also much much better than Joe Johnson.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,258

Post#455 » by BBallFreak » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:19 pm

WadeKnicks2010 wrote:Heat are starting Udonis Haslem over Michael Beasley despite the fact that Haslem still has stitches in his hand.

Haslem will have the stitches removed before the series starts, and Beasley's probably going to see some of his first ever moments at small forward (per Erik Spoelstra). In other words, stop being full of it...
WadeKnicks2010
Lead Assistant

Post#456 » by WadeKnicks2010 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:30 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
WadeKnicks2010 wrote:Heat are starting Udonis Haslem over Michael Beasley despite the fact that Haslem still has stitches in his hand.

Haslem will have the stitches removed before the series starts, and Beasley's probably going to see some of his first ever moments at small forward (per Erik Spoelstra). In other words, stop being full of it...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl- ... 0021.story

"That could definitely happen, and it all fits in line with that, to make sure we have some shooting and spacing," he said. Haslem will play with six stitches in his right thumb through at least Sunday's series opener at Philips Arena, as he recovers from the late-season laceration on his shooting hand."

Try to incorporate some facts into your reply before you post it. It'll help you look less stupid.
WadeKnicks2010
Lead Assistant

Post#457 » by WadeKnicks2010 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:47 pm

"Then there was Michael Beasley.

Listen. I’m as big a fan of his as anybody. You can go back to the draft when I wrote long and regularly about why the Heat needed to draft him.But when Dwyane Wade and others say he needs to grow up before this team can, Sunday provided a picture.

In warm-ups before the year's biggest game, everyone on the Heat worked on game-situation shots. Not Beasley. He stood in the corner and lofted circus shots that nearly scraped the ceiling before falling toward the basket. One after another. One side, then the other.

Finally, a couple teammates said something to him and he went back to shooting game shots. Then the game started and Beasley was as lost as everyone else on the Heat."

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... _fast.html

Kids gotta learn to man up.
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#458 » by BROWN » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:15 am

bump n merge

Return to Player Comparisons