Rasheed Wallace
21%

Total votes: 24

HeroicKennedy
General Manager
And1: 134

Chris Bosh vs. Rasheed Wallace 

Post#1 » by HeroicKennedy » Tue Apr 7, 2009 8:31 am

Not in his prime, either. 34 year old Rasheed Wallace vs. 25 year old Chris Bosh.

A friend of mine needs a wake up call. He thinks that the Pistons would be better off KEEPING Rasheed as opposed to signing Chris Bosh.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Re: Chris Bosh vs. Rasheed Wallace 

Post#2 » by Kabookalu » Tue Apr 7, 2009 8:32 am

But Bosh is not a leader :-?
HeroicKennedy
General Manager

Post#3 » by HeroicKennedy » Tue Apr 7, 2009 8:33 am

Choker wrote:But Bosh is not a leader :-?

Holy crap, are you from the Gamefaqs NBA board?
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#4 » by Kabookalu » Tue Apr 7, 2009 8:37 am

lol ya, if you're wondering who I am I'm the one who brought up the whole leadership thing before it got all out of hand.
HeroicKennedy
General Manager

Post#5 » by HeroicKennedy » Tue Apr 7, 2009 8:39 am

Choker wrote:lol ya, if you're wondering who I am I'm the one who brought up the whole leadership thing before it got all out of hand.

Mizznox or ZaleIsBackAgain?
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#6 » by Kabookalu » Tue Apr 7, 2009 8:44 am

Zale
HeroicKennedy
General Manager

Post#7 » by HeroicKennedy » Tue Apr 7, 2009 8:46 am

Cool, I'll have to remember that.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#8 » by princeofpalace » Tue Apr 7, 2009 1:08 pm

Obviously Bosh, as for leadership- Rasheed isn't much of a leader himself- I mean he's very vocal on the defensive end which is great but he's too much of a hothead and rarely ever motivated to be a leader. Even though we aren't talking about Sheed in his prime, I don't think Bosh is as good as a prime Sheed.
Paxson
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Paxson » Tue Apr 7, 2009 1:21 pm

Everyone should want Bosh on their team over Rasheed today.

However, prime Rasheed >>> Bosh. Bosh's offense is better than prime Rasheed's; however, Rasheed's Defense and leadership are 5x better than Bosh's.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,268

Post#10 » by tsherkin » Tue Apr 7, 2009 2:40 pm

Prime Rasheed was a better defender than Bosh but that's it. Bosh is a little underrated on defense. When he's got a little help, he's pretty aggressive about using his length to frustrate guys as a help defender and on perimeter D, he's just weak in the post.

I'd take Bosh over any incarnation of Sheed, especially prime "choker" Sheed, circa 2000...
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#11 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Apr 7, 2009 2:51 pm

Bosh is better than current Rasheed, but I think that Rasheed was better in his prime than I think Bosh will be. What's frustrating is that Rasheed could have been even better had he not been such a Knucklehead.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#12 » by Jase » Tue Apr 7, 2009 2:53 pm

Both teams played hard...
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#13 » by Kabookalu » Tue Apr 7, 2009 6:55 pm

tsherkin wrote:Prime Rasheed was a better defender than Bosh but that's it. Bosh is a little underrated on defense. When he's got a little help, he's pretty aggressive about using his length to frustrate guys as a help defender and on perimeter D, he's just weak in the post.

+1000, I tried to bring this idea up in the Raptors board but only a few people really see Bosh's defense as a help and perimeter defender.
Rapsfan4life
Rookie
And1: 56

Post#14 » by Rapsfan4life » Tue Apr 7, 2009 7:46 pm

Choker wrote:
tsherkin wrote:Prime Rasheed was a better defender than Bosh but that's it. Bosh is a little underrated on defense. When he's got a little help, he's pretty aggressive about using his length to frustrate guys as a help defender and on perimeter D, he's just weak in the post.

+1000, I tried to bring this idea up in the Raptors board but only a few people really see Bosh's defense as a help and perimeter defender.

I agree with both, sheed is and always be a better post defender but bosh is very underrated help defender and perimeter defender. On mutipule occasions he has to guard the PG off screens cuz jose is god awful at keeping infront of his man, and often does a solid job (considering he is a big).
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,268

Post#15 » by tsherkin » Tue Apr 7, 2009 8:12 pm

I've charted four Raptors games so far and he (Bosh) has come up as the most involved and effective help defender on the team (usually by a large margin) each time, though a couple of times Marion did come close. Still, he just gets worked by power guys, and that's not actually uncommon unless you're a hulking behemoth yourself.
ImissJordan
General Manager
And1: 968

Post#16 » by ImissJordan » Tue Apr 7, 2009 8:16 pm

tsherkin wrote:I've charted four Raptors games so far and he (Bosh) has come up as the most involved and effective help defender on the team (usually by a large margin) each time, though a couple of times Marion did come close. Still, he just gets worked by power guys, and that's not actually uncommon unless you're a hulking behemoth yourself.

That's why it makes so much sense having Andrea Bargnani next to him in the front court, what with his imposing post defense and all.
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#17 » by Kabookalu » Tue Apr 7, 2009 8:21 pm

ImissJordan wrote:That's why it makes so much sense having Andrea Bargnani next to him in the front court, what with his imposing post defense and all.

Bargnani's last knock on him is his man defense, the problem comes with his rotations and helping out.
ImissJordan
General Manager

Post#18 » by ImissJordan » Tue Apr 7, 2009 8:26 pm

Choker wrote:
ImissJordan wrote:That's why it makes so much sense having Andrea Bargnani next to him in the front court, what with his imposing post defense and all.

Bargnani's last knock on him is his man defense, the problem comes with his rotations and helping out.

His man defense is solid, but not spectacular. He doesn't 'control the paint' the way most centre's do, and thus is a poor fit next to Bosh.
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#19 » by Kabookalu » Tue Apr 7, 2009 9:46 pm

ImissJordan wrote:His man defense is solid, but not spectacular. He doesn't 'control the paint' the way most centre's do, and thus is a poor fit next to Bosh.

He's going to get better like he did this season compared to last season, and last season he was pretty horrendous in all aspects of the word defense.
ImissJordan
General Manager

Post#20 » by ImissJordan » Tue Apr 7, 2009 10:01 pm

Choker wrote:He's going to get better like he did this season compared to last season, and last season he was pretty horrendous in all aspects of the word defense.

I have little doubt that Bargnani will improve, but I still have a lot of trepidation about him next to Bosh long-term. I just don't see a fit there.

What Bosh needs is a tough, defensive-minded centre and a guard who can create his own shot.

Return to Player Comparisons