NBA's GREATEST TEAM -- Finals now 6-4

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

ThaRegul8r
Head Coach
And1: 3,019

Re: NBA's GREATEST TEAM -- Finals now 6-4 

Post#161 » by ThaRegul8r » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:54 am

Interestingly enough, I ran a simulation of NBA's all-time greatest teams against each other some years ago, and this turned out to be the finals, with the same result.
I remember your posts from the RPOY project, you consistently brought it. Please continue to do so, sir. This board needs guys like you to counteract ... worthless posters

Retirement isn’t the end of the road, but just a turn in the road. – Unknown
Mean_Streets
Pro Prospect
And1: 337

Post#162 » by Mean_Streets » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:15 am

ThaRegul8r wrote:Interestingly enough, I ran a simulation of NBA's all-time greatest teams against each other some years ago, and this turned out to be the finals, with the same result.

What type of simulation? whatifsports?
mudyez
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#163 » by mudyez » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:01 am

was away for several monthstherefore missing te whole thing...but if I read GOAT-team, there can only be one and thats the '86Celts...congrats Celts! congrats posters for beeing right!
Mean_Streets
Pro Prospect

Post#164 » by Mean_Streets » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Bump. Underrated project.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,326

Post#165 » by JordansBulls » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Huge bump here. I didn't know that "Writerman" was gone either.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Mean_Streets
Pro Prospect

Post#166 » by Mean_Streets » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:17 pm

JordansBulls wrote:Huge bump here. I didn't know that "Writerman" was gone either.

He was insane for saying Kevin McHale & Luke Jackson is a wash. :lol:
ThaRegul8r
Head Coach
And1: 3,019

Post#167 » by ThaRegul8r » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:07 pm

penbeast0 wrote:Where is all this love for Luke Jackson coming from? He was a banger, that's it. He was bulky and worked hard but wasn't that quick nor that great a defender.

I realize this is several years old, but with this thread being bumped, I just noticed this. And for the sake of historical accuracy:

“Even when 6ft. 9 in. Luke Jackson of the Philadelphia 76ers has a big scoring game, which is basically not his job, the superlatives invariably go to someone else. [...] This is the best defensive forward in pro basketball. Yet except for his teammates and those rival players he regularly intimidates, he could go on being a nonentity for years.”

“All NBA teams win with their defenses now,” Red continues. “They learned its importance from the Celtics and now they all work at it. Even their scouting habits have changed. They still may send a man out to scout a boy because he’s a great shooter. But they also want that man to report on the bou’s quickness, ability to run backward, mental concentration and anticipation on defense.”

As far as the best defensive players in the league, Auerbach says the toughest centers to score against are former Kansas University star Wilt Chamberlain of the Philadelphia 76ers, Bill Russell of the Boston Celtics and Nate Thurmond of the San Francisco Warriors. Luke Jackson of the 76ers and Tom Sanders of Boston are rated as the best defensive forwards in the league. Lennie Wilkens of St. Louis and Wally Jones of the 76ers are Red’s guard picks.

It’s interesting to note that six of the seven players named are from teams in contention for NBA divisional titles this year. St. Louis leads the Western Division and the 76ers and Celtics are running first and second in the Eastern Division. Thurmond, the other man named, has been out most of the year with a leg injury.

I believe I had posted this in the RPoY project.
I remember your posts from the RPOY project, you consistently brought it. Please continue to do so, sir. This board needs guys like you to counteract ... worthless posters

Retirement isn’t the end of the road, but just a turn in the road. – Unknown

Return to Player Comparisons