Beasley or Gallinari?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Who's the better player now and in the future?

Michael Beasley
43%
Danilo Gallinari
57%

Total votes: 140

Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,696

Re: Beasley or Gallinari? 

Post#161 » by Johnny Firpo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:17 pm

Kosar86 wrote:
Hemispheres wrote:Way too much homerism going on in this thread going both ways.

All I want to say is that Gallo's defense is vastly underrated.

lol, irony?

Hemispheres wrote:Kid is the second best defender on the Knicks.

This is like being valedictorian of summer school.

Hemispheres wrote: It seems like every game now he has a couple blocks.

Or 7 out of 24 games, with zero 3 block games.

Why are implying he's a bad defender? He's not. His shot blocking is really became consistent in the last couple of weeks. Still a small sample size, so you gotta wait, but he should average around 1,2 BPG at the end of the season, and that would be very good for a basically rookie SF. His help defense is already very, very good.
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#162 » by method » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:48 pm

Cloud765 wrote:Beasley is putting up more consistent numbers on a team where he has to share the ball with last year's scoring leader. He's putting them up on a team which ranks 26th in the league in pace (as opposed to 6th). Sure this argument may be closer than the AR one, but it's still a ways away from being close.

Beasley ftw

Then we can we use Gallos rebounding numbers the same way you used Beaslys scoring #s?

Gallos plays next to the 3rd best rebounder in the league next to Lee of course he isnt going to have great rebounding #s.

But when Lee isnt in the game Gallos rebounding numbers improve in the double digits,

And there is no doubt in my mind if Lee is traded Gallo will be a fine rebounder.
NYKnick87
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#163 » by NYKnick87 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:11 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:
Kosar86 wrote:
Hemispheres wrote:Way too much homerism going on in this thread going both ways.

All I want to say is that Gallo's defense is vastly underrated.

lol, irony?

Hemispheres wrote:Kid is the second best defender on the Knicks.

This is like being valedictorian of summer school.

Hemispheres wrote: It seems like every game now he has a couple blocks.

Or 7 out of 24 games, with zero 3 block games.

Why are implying he's a bad defender? He's not. His shot blocking is really became consistent in the last couple of weeks. Still a small sample size, so you gotta wait, but he should average around 1,2 BPG at the end of the season, and that would be very good for a basically rookie SF. His help defense is already very, very good.

Because he hasn't watched any other team play outside of the Cavs.
NYKnick87
Banned User

Post#164 » by NYKnick87 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:13 pm

method wrote:
Cloud765 wrote:Beasley is putting up more consistent numbers on a team where he has to share the ball with last year's scoring leader. He's putting them up on a team which ranks 26th in the league in pace (as opposed to 6th). Sure this argument may be closer than the AR one, but it's still a ways away from being close.

Beasley ftw

Then we can we use Gallos rebounding numbers the same way you used Beaslys scoring #s?

Gallos plays next to the 3rd best rebounder in the league next to Lee of course he isnt going to have great rebounding #s.

But when Lee isnt in the game Gallos rebounding numbers improve in the double digits,

And there is no doubt in my mind if Lee is traded Gallo will be a fine rebounder.

Once again, the whole pace thing is being overblown. It's a 4 possession differential yet somehow Beasley fans think that's enough for a phenomenal increase in Beasley's stats.
LebronsCavs
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#165 » by LebronsCavs » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:42 pm

Statistics show that these two players are pretty even, maybe even an edge to Gallo. But if you use your eyes, you can see Beas is the better player now and has the higher ceiling.
NYKnick87
Banned User

Post#166 » by NYKnick87 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:10 pm

LebronsCavs wrote:Statistics show that these two players are pretty even, maybe even an edge to Gallo. But if you use your eyes, you can see Beas is the better player now and has the higher ceiling.

Well, your eyes are certainly deceiving you.
YounG_A
Starter
And1: 161

Post#167 » by YounG_A » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:47 pm

:lol:
the only reason why Danilo is winning is because there's a lot of Knicks homers in this forum
Kosar86
Assistant Coach
And1: 33

Post#168 » by Kosar86 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:13 pm

NYKnick87 wrote:
method wrote:

Beasley ftw

Once again, the whole pace thing is being overblown. It's a 4 possession differential yet somehow Beasley fans think that's enough for a phenomenal increase in Beasley's stats.

Actually its 7 more shots a game overall and, since wade takes way more shots than the knicks main shooter, its actually 12 shots a game...

Of course, in your mind 12 more shots a game available to gallo and/or taken by the knicks would not lead to more scoring or rebounding opportunities for gallo.... :roll:
NYKnick87
Banned User

Post#169 » by NYKnick87 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:38 pm

Kosar86 wrote:
Actually its 7 more shots a game overall and, since wade takes way more shots than the knicks main shooter, its actually 12 shots a game...

Of course, in your mind 12 more shots a game available to gallo and/or taken by the knicks would not lead to more scoring or rebounding opportunities for gallo.... :roll:

We're talking about pace, not FGA. Look it up.

Other than Gallo, there are 4 other Knicks taking over 10 FGA. Other than Beasley, there are only 2 more - Wade and JO. Beasley isn't really competing with anyone for shots. He's taking the most other than Wade. Think about that for a second.

The logic you used to arrive at 12 shots is also horrendous...so you're saying add those 7 more FGA to the 5 more FGA per game that Wade takes than Al Harrington and voila, Gallo gets 12 more shot attempts to play with. lmao....the idiocy of your posts just speaks for itself, there really is no need to respond to you anymore. But keep posting, because you're funny.
Kosar86
Assistant Coach
And1: 33

Post#170 » by Kosar86 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:09 pm

NYKnick87 wrote:
Kosar86 wrote:

Other than Gallo, there are 4 other Knicks taking over 10 FGA. Other than Beasley, there are only 2 more - Wade and JO. Beasley isn't really competing with anyone for shots. He's taking the most other than Wade. Think about that for a second.

The logic you used to arrive at 12 shots is also horrendous...so you're saying add those 7 more FGA to the 5 more FGA per game that Wade takes than Al Harrington and voila, Gallo gets 12 more shot attempts to play with. lmao....the idiocy of your posts just speaks for itself, there really is no need to respond to you anymore. But keep posting, because you're funny.

uh, we are talking about inflated stats. I know it is difficult for you to comprehend this, but gallo's stats are inflated compared to Beasley's...

But keep trying, you may eventually have an intelligent post.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#171 » by bringinhinkie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:26 pm

i love how every thread re: a knick player, THE SAME TWO cavs fans come in to blindly bash the knick player

YOU NERVOUS SON?

i think you nervous
NYKnick87
Banned User

Post#172 » by NYKnick87 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:36 pm

Kosar86 wrote:
NYKnick87 wrote:
Kosar86 wrote:

uh, we are talking about inflated stats. I know it is difficult for you to comprehend this, but gallo's stats are inflated compared to Beasley's...

But keep trying, you may eventually have an intelligent post.

Right, Gallo's stats are inflated....you know, like how he averages almost 4 less FGA but only scores 2 less points. Keep em coming.
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#173 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:39 pm

Just use common sense, not only do the Heat play at a slower pace. But we have D. Wade, hes the 1st-2nd-and 3rd option .. JO is the go to guy in the block. Beasley splits time with Haslem, he doesnt really get that many opportunities...its just so easy for the guy to create his own shot he makes the most of it. He gets a shot off whenever he wants with his quick release, and if hes played tight he drives around.

Until Gallinari shows the ability to drive to the basket and finish at the rim better, then hell never be the scorer that Beasley is. Theres a reason why so many of Gallos shot are assisted. Any time he gets a little space to take a shot, hell take it...thats his offensive game. Hes not scaring anybody with his drives to the basket. Beasley doesnt take more shots because he has more opportunities, he takes more shots because he has a much easier time creating his own shot. If he played for the Knicks, with that freedom hed be taking more shots and scoring more than he does now.
NYKnick87
Banned User

Post#174 » by NYKnick87 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Here we go with the pace thing again...I guess Heat fans really do believe that 4 more possessions will boost Beasley's stats.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#175 » by bringinhinkie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:53 pm

CB4MiamiHeat wrote:Just use common sense, not only do the Heat play at a slower pace. But we have D. Wade, hes the 1st-2nd-and 3rd option .. JO is the go to guy in the block. Beasley splits time with Haslem, he doesnt really get that many opportunities...its just so easy for the guy to create his own shot he makes the most of it. He gets a shot off whenever he wants with his quick release, and if hes played tight he drives around.

Until Gallinari shows the ability to drive to the basket and finish at the rim better, then hell never be the scorer that Beasley is. Theres a reason why so many of Gallos shot are assisted. Any time he gets a little space to take a shot, hell take it...thats his offensive game. Hes not scaring anybody with his drives to the basket. Beasley doesnt take more shots because he has more opportunities, he takes more shots because he has a much easier time creating his own shot. If he played for the Knicks, with that freedom hed be taking more shots and scoring more than he does now.

thats a very weak argument.. having a star could both positively or negatively affect a teammates points/opportunities.. sometimes it has no effect.. one would think though a guy like gallinari would absolutely benefit from a star who can draw crowds/create open looks

pippen without jordan only averaged one more fga a game, his numbers as a whole were pretty much identical

kobes 1st year without shaq he averaged 20 fga/game, up from the year prior (18/game when they had payton/malone), but down from 02-03 when he averaged 23.5fga alongside shaq, the year before was 20fga as well with shaq, and year before also was more fga with shaq @ 22.2.. the only year he had a noticeable increase after shaq left was the year he went overboard and put up 35ppg.. other than that, from 2000 to right now, his fga have been primarily in the 20-22 range, with multiple supporting casts, playing alongside shaq, no shaq, then gasol,etc

its clearly too early to tell who is better atm, i like both players and defended beasley when he got sh*t on here so im not gonna come in here and claim its no doubt gallinari.. obviously each team is going to take their own prospect.. there numbers are extremely similar as well as their draft positions not far apart (2 and 6)
LebronsCavs
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#176 » by LebronsCavs » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:06 pm

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:i love how every thread re: a knick player, THE SAME TWO cavs fans come in to blindly bash the knick player

YOU NERVOUS SON?

i think you nervous

I made one post in this thread and it definitely wasn't bashing Gallo. So I'm not sure if you were referring to me. I know the knicks are pretty awful this year so there isnt much for you to talk about, but you should try to post something of substance.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#177 » by bringinhinkie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:17 pm

LebronsCavs wrote:
KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:i love how every thread re: a knick player, THE SAME TWO cavs fans come in to blindly bash the knick player

YOU NERVOUS SON?

i think you nervous

I made one post in this thread and it definitely wasn't bashing Gallo. So I'm not sure if you were referring to me. I know the knicks are pretty awful this year so there isnt much for you to talk about, but you should try to post something of substance.

Lol, you got quite a gig going.. i should post something of substance? these are your two posts in this thread:

LebronsCavs wrote:Beasley pretty comfortably.

LebronsCavs wrote:Statistics show that these two players are pretty even, maybe even an edge to Gallo. But if you use your eyes, you can see Beas is the better player now and has the higher ceiling.

awesome analysis, actually the same as every knick thread you hijack.. "<insert knick player here> vs <insert any non knick player here>"

*lebroncavs enters thread*

"ya ill take <insert any non knick player here>, easy choice, no doubt, im not gonna say why, or support my case even the slightest bit, but ill take <insert any non knick player here>.."

and lol at you telling me to make posts of substance.. you just entered the monta ellis thread that was bumped from a nearly a year ago, that i have multiple posts supporting my argument and you know what you posted?

LebronsCavs wrote:How did you not get banned for this post?

LebronsCavs wrote:
Epic Fail.

you sir, are a real asset to realgm! thank you for your presence
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#178 » by eatyourchildren » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:38 pm

I don't think either guy's ceiling is 1st option. So that's why I prefer to use criteria I would want in a 2nd option. I think Gallo is a better option than Beas. I'm a Lakers fan if that helps/harms anything.
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#179 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:15 am

Beasley tonight:

8/15 shooting, 0/2 from 3, 6/8 from the line, 22 points, 8 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, 104-86 win over Orlando

Gallinari tonight:

6/17 shooting, 6/15 from 3, 0/1 from the line, 18 points, 3 boards, 1 assist, 98-89 loss to Bulls
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#180 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:24 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:Beasley tonight:

8/15 shooting, 0/2 from 3, 6/8 from the line, 22 points, 8 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, 104-86 win over Orlando

Gallinari tonight:

6/17 shooting, 6/15 from 3, 0/1 from the line, 18 points, 3 boards, 1 assist, 98-89 loss to Bulls

LOL idk where i should go with this one.. ill try this:

lock it up fellas, clearly beasley is the better player, look, see, beasley played well and gallo didnt tonite-all the proof i needed!

:rofl:

Return to Player Comparisons