Beasley or Gallinari?

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

Who's the better player now and in the future?

Michael Beasley
43%
Danilo Gallinari
57%

Total votes: 140

Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,096

Re: Beasley or Gallinari? 

Post#181 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:41 am

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:
Tim_Hardawayy wrote:Beasley tonight:

8/15 shooting, 0/2 from 3, 6/8 from the line, 22 points, 8 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, 104-86 win over Orlando

Gallinari tonight:

6/17 shooting, 6/15 from 3, 0/1 from the line, 18 points, 3 boards, 1 assist, 98-89 loss to Bulls

LOL idk where i should go with this one.. ill try this:

lock it up fellas, clearly beasley is the better player, look, see, beasley played well and gallo didnt tonite-all the proof i needed!

:rofl:

Just the facts. There is very little objectivity in this thread to begin with. I didn't come to that conclusion anyways, you did.

The general trend of this thread has been that no matter the numbers, Gallinari is a better glue guy, a better teammate, just fits better, etc. This is of course ignoring the fact that the Knicks are a bad team right now, and the Heat are the 5th seed in the East. And yes I know that is mostly because of Wade, but the point still stands, that if Gallo truly had all these intangibles, it should be producing more victories.

If no matter what Beasley loses the intangibles argument, what left do those on his side have left to use but numbers to support their stance? If Knicks fans would be less insistent that Gallinari is better "just because", Heat fans would be less insistent on pointing out their numbers.

Honestly I have no idea who will be better right now. It could go either way. It will be fun to watch them both grow as players. They play in a week too, that should be a fun matchup.
jrich88
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#182 » by jrich88 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:48 am

First Nate Robinson is better than Monta Ellis, now Jason Kapono pt. 2 is better than Beasley?

funny NY fans are funny
NYKnick87
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#183 » by NYKnick87 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:09 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:Beasley tonight:

8/15 shooting, 0/2 from 3, 6/8 from the line, 22 points, 8 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, 104-86 win over Orlando

Gallinari tonight:

6/17 shooting, 6/15 from 3, 0/1 from the line, 18 points, 3 boards, 1 assist, 98-89 loss to Bulls

Hey look! I can do this too!

Dec. 13 vs Memphis: 2/11 shooting, 6 pts, 4 reb, 2 TO, 2 stl

Nov. 14 vs NJ: 3/17 shooting, 7 pts, 8 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl

Are we going to do this every time Gallo has an off game? in before the 'miami plays at a slow pace' argument!
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,096

Post#184 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:25 am

NYKnick87 wrote:
Hey look! I can do this too!

Dec. 13 vs Memphis: 2/11 shooting, 6 pts, 4 reb, 2 TO, 2 stl

Nov. 14 vs NJ: 3/17 shooting, 7 pts, 8 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl

Are we going to do this every time Gallo has an off game? in before the 'miami plays at a slow pace' argument!

But according to their season statistics, Gallo has slightly more "bad" games than Beasley does anyways.

You're supposed to tell me that Gallo passes the ball better, is a better rebounder, and fits better with the team. He's a winner, Beasley is a loser and a bust.

This is the way these go on the Player Comparison board for Beasley lately. He's used as a prop to make other players look better. He basically had to dwarf Randolph's numbers for people to finally consider him better in that matchup, and he'll probably have to do the same for Gallinari. People just don't like this kid. Somebody has to stick up for him ;).

I'll reiterate, I'm not saying Beasley is now better because of 1 game. I'm just putting up facts. There is a lot of opinion in this thread, and not as many facts. When the fanbase of 1 player is 5 to 10 times as large as the other (yes, that is how much the Knicks board dwarfs Miami's), their voice is going to be heard a lot louder. The only thing we have to lean on is the numbers.
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#185 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:54 am

Beasleys made huge strides, props to him for outplaying Rashard Lewis once again. Hes basically had 1 bad game for the past month. Its come to the point where Beasley is clearly better than Haslem, and probably the 2nd best player on this team. Hes rebounding and defending well, and hes been the 2nd best scorer on this team consistently night in and night out.

I dont see why he cant average 17/8 for the rest of the reason. Hes a 2nd option on a 5th seeded team, putting up 16/7..hes already an above average PF, hes basically as good as a David West or Lamarcus Aldridge. Ill take it for a 20 year old.

PS: Watching part of the Knicks game was comedy, 47 3s in one game :o
Lakers05
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#186 » by Lakers05 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:07 am

The Heat look mighty dangerous. We were very lucky to beat them. Looks like the contenders in the East have one more team to worry about.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,816

Post#187 » by Johnny Firpo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Lakers05 wrote:The Heat look mighty dangerous. We were very lucky to beat them. Looks like the contenders in the East have one more team to worry about.

They're really inconsistent though. They played like c*ap against us (Mavs) last week on their home court, we lead them all the way. They're not contenders, but they'll be next year, even without Bosh or Lebron. I'm sure they're gonna get some good player.

Anyway, Gallo what are you doing? :lol: Well, i see why he's falling in love with that three ball, that's a thing of beauty, but still... He'll adjust. The absolutely crazy thing is that he made 6 of 15... That's 40 %. :o That with one bail out attempt, and one end of the game shot from 35 feet, which was in&out. He has unreal range, and unreal efficiency on his long ball. That 6 of 15 from threes is like shooting in the high 40's from two and going for 20.

He should be the only one on that Knicks team attempting 6-8 threes a game, even more if he's feeling it... I know it's not helping to be an all-around player, but man, he just makes them on an unreal clip with that many attempts. He had games this year with 16 and 14 three attempts, once he made 8 of 16, and the other time i think 6 of 14. That's unreal. Stern better invites him to the three point shooting contest.
Kosar86
Assistant Coach
And1: 33

Post#188 » by Kosar86 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:17 pm

15 of 17 shots taken were 3's? Yeah, very versatile, he can do so many things, create his own shot off the dribble, slash to the hole, ......
Johnny Firpo
RealGM

Post#189 » by Johnny Firpo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Kosar86 wrote:15 of 17 shots taken were 3's? Yeah, very versatile, he can do so many things, create his own shot off the dribble, slash to the hole, ......

Not doing it and not being able to do it are not the same. He showed he can do those things, but right now, his biggest, and best weapon is his three point shot, and he's possibly the best, but sure in the Top 3 in that. I think it has to do a lot with D'Antoni. I'm pretty sure that right now, he wants to use Gallo as a three point shooter. Anyway, why am i arguing with you. You're clearly a hater, anybody who knows Danilo's game from more than a couple of weeks, knows exactly what he can do in the future, and that is more than three point shooting, and that won't change even if he's taking 20 threes tonight.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#190 » by Flash3 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:32 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:Gallinari tonight:

Yes, it is only 1 game, but how in the world are 90% of your total shots all 3 pters?
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Jimmy76
RealGM
And1: 8

Post#191 » by Jimmy76 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Flash3 wrote:

Yes, it is only 1 game, but how in the world are 90% of your total shots all 3 pters?

He's effective with it so why not
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#192 » by Flash3 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:37 pm

Jimmy76 wrote:
Flash3 wrote:

He's effective with it so why not

Umm, yeah if you take that many you are going to hit quite a few given he is a good 3 pt shooter, but at 1 time he was 3/12 (25%) when I had checked the box score mid-stream the Orl/Miami game.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM

Post#193 » by Johnny Firpo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Flash3 wrote:Umm, yeah if you take that many you are going to hit quite a few given he is a good 3 pt shooter, but at 1 time he was 3/12 (25%) when I had checked the box score mid-stream the Orl/Miami game.

I think that's not possible, because he missed two of his last three, and finished 6/15. He's taking a ton of threes, and making a ton, not quite a few... He's shooting 0.435 from deep with that many attempts. That's unbelievably efficient. He made 70 threes already, and is leading the league.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#194 » by Flash3 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:30 pm

^it'll be interesting to see whether the shots Gallinari took came within the framework of the offense, or were they just simply forced up with considerable driving room available for him to either get a higher % shot or take it to the hoop and attract the d to pass it to an open teammate.

gonna dig it up on my league pass later tonite.
CousinOfDeath
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,260

Post#195 » by CousinOfDeath » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Flash3 wrote:^it'll be interesting to see whether the shots Gallinari took came within the framework of the offense, or were they just simply forced up with considerable driving room available for him to either get a higher % shot or take it to the hoop and attract the d to pass it to an open teammate.

gonna dig it up on my league pass later tonite.

Most of his misses from 3 came within the offense, and most of his makes were forced. It was kinda weird. The Knicks shot like 50 3's yesterday as a team it was crazy.

Also, one of Gallo's 3's was absolutely insane. The shot clock was running down and he was about 3 feet off the 3 pt line nearly out of bounds. Deng was in his jersey, and he just shot it with his normal stroke right over Deng's head and drained it no big deal. It hit the back rim and the net hardly moved. He has such a good stroke.
suckfish wrote:Reminder: NBA players are stupid.
Dresta
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#196 » by Dresta » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:44 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:
Lakers05 wrote:The Heat look mighty dangerous. We were very lucky to beat them. Looks like the contenders in the East have one more team to worry about.

They're really inconsistent though. They played like c*ap against us (Mavs) last week on their home court, we lead them all the way. They're not contenders, but they'll be next year, even without Bosh or Lebron. I'm sure they're gonna get some good player.

Anyway, Gallo what are you doing? :lol: Well, i see why he's falling in love with that three ball, that's a thing of beauty, but still... He'll adjust. The absolutely crazy thing is that he made 6 of 15... That's 40 %. :o That with one bail out attempt, and one end of the game shot from 35 feet, which was in&out. He has unreal range, and unreal efficiency on his long ball. That 6 of 15 from threes is like shooting in the high 40's from two and going for 20.

He should be the only one on that Knicks team attempting 6-8 threes a game, even more if he's feeling it... I know it's not helping to be an all-around player, but man, he just makes them on an unreal clip with that many attempts. He had games this year with 16 and 14 three attempts, once he made 8 of 16, and the other time i think 6 of 14. That's unreal. Stern better invites him to the three point shooting contest.
I agree, they're too inconsistent to contend, but they could easily knock out a higher seed in the 1st round if they go through a good stretch.
MSGBallerz
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#197 » by MSGBallerz » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:10 pm

I think its Gallinari although its pretty close.
YounG_A
Starter
And1: 161

Post#198 » by YounG_A » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:37 pm

MSGBallerz wrote:I think its Gallinari although its pretty close.

of course you do, you're a Knicks fan
:roll:
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,973

Post#199 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:35 pm

YounG_A wrote:LMAO :lol:
is this even serious?
Beasley by a wide margin

Your a Heat fan, so what makes it any better?

How about you come with an argument...
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#200 » by Alfred » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:41 pm

Why are people getting on Gallinari's case for shooting the 3? It's one of the best shots in basketball, and he shoots it with incredible accuracy.

Return to Player Comparisons