Beasley or Gallinari?

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

Who's the better player now and in the future?

Michael Beasley
43%
Danilo Gallinari
57%

Total votes: 140

Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Re: Beasley or Gallinari? 

Post#341 » by Wade2k6 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:33 pm

Some of you Knick fans are pathetic.
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#342 » by method » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Wade2k6 wrote:Some of you Knick fans are pathetic.

Can say the same about you Heat fans.

Do you know the best thing about Miami?Last time I was there watching the Heat vs. the Knicks,Knicks fans out numbered heat fans 3 to 1.THATS PATHETIC!!!!
Jimmy76
RealGM
And1: 8

Post#343 » by Jimmy76 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:05 pm

You know whats pathetic? The bickering on this thread.

edit: You know what else is pathetic? Me leaving out critical words.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,814

Post#344 » by Hallstar » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:08 pm

method wrote:
Hallstar wrote:See what I mean? Soap opera driven analysis

"oh girl...did you just hear....."

Beasley has NEVER been in trouble with the law...keep waiting for his downfall....you'll be waiting for a while

Was that directed to me?I believe name calling isnt allowed on Real Gm.and since Im a boy I take that as a name call.

If you cant beat them,call em names.

You hurt?

:lol:

1. I didn't call you or anyone a girl. I said some of the analysis here is based on no more than salon style gossip.

2. If you feel so strongly, take it up with a mod, makes no difference to me.

3. While you're waiting for "crack smoking videos", he'll be starting in the rookie/soph game. Gallinari MIGHT be invited
method
RealGM

Post#345 » by method » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:41 pm

Hallstar wrote:

2. If you feel so strongly, take it up with a mod, makes no difference to me.

3. While you're waiting for "crack smoking videos", he'll be starting in the rookie/soph game. Gallinari MIGHT be invited

2.I did.

3.Might?I guarentee he will be on it,you are kidding yourself if you think he isnt.

EDIT:He would of been on the rookie team last year if he wasnt hurt.Do you doubt that?
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#346 » by dflash3 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:16 am

I don't understand all the comments about how Beasley is a headcase. Despite his private life becoming public it doesn't seem to have affected his performance on the court or the locker room.

And how has this thread gone on for so long? All Ive seen for the last couple of pages is Heat and knick fans bickering back and forth. There's nothing productive going on here.
Carmelo22
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#347 » by Carmelo22 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:43 am

Seriously fellas, ENOUGH!
Both guys are both good players with a lot of potential. Anyone here denying that is just being a homer towards their teams respective players. Why has this debate gone from Gallo vs Beasley present and future to, Which problem is worse, Gallos back or Beasleys weed?

Personally i like Gallinary better. Only because if I was a coach I feel like i could utilize gallinari's skilset better than i could use Beasley's. This is a completely fair comparison and could have yielded good solid arguements from both sides. Either use maturity and continue the debate based on facts and logical arguements or just close the thread because nothing good has been coming out of it

Peace
method
RealGM

Post#348 » by method » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:30 am

Carmelo22 wrote:Seriously fellas, ENOUGH!
Both guys are both good players with a lot of potential. Anyone here denying that is just being a homer towards their teams respective players. Why has this debate gone from Gallo vs Beasley present and future to, Which problem is worse, Gallos back or Beasleys weed?

Since Gallos back hasnt been an issue an since it was a minor surgery I believe it isnt an issue.And since Beasley friends arent even his friends because he must be a real big A-Hole because they go out of there way to blow up his spot.With friends like that who needs enemys.

I will say Beas is good but all these Heat fans saying this shouldnt even been a comparision are fooling them selfs because they are alot closer then you think,thats all.
Carmelo22
Rookie

Post#349 » by Carmelo22 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:31 am

method wrote:

Since Gallos back hasnt been an issue an since it was a minor surgery I believe it isnt an issue.And since Beasley friends arent even his friends because he must be a real big A-Hole because they go out of there way to blow up his spot.With friends like that who needs enemys.

I will say Beas is good but all these Heat fans saying this shouldnt even been a comparision are fooling them selfs because they are alot closer then you think,thats all.

And i agree with you man, weather is gallos back or beasley's off the court issues both were minor setbacks which should be irrelevant for this arguement. it's a good comparison between 2 really good players that i like. Frankly, I think if you had to pick between the two, you pick the one that fits better in your system at this point.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#350 » by Wade2k6 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:43 pm

method wrote:

Seriously, who cares if he's an **** to his friends? Maybe his friends aren't his friends anymore because Beasley is finally starting to realize he was hanging out with the wrong crowd growing up, ever think of that? And last, what does him being an **** to his friends have to do with Beasley playing on the court? Does that effect his ability to play basketball at all? That's irrelevant to this discussion.
method
RealGM

Post#351 » by method » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:14 pm

Wade2k6 wrote:Seriously, who cares if he's an **** to his friends? Maybe his friends aren't his friends anymore because Beasley is finally starting to realize he was hanging out with the wrong crowd growing up, ever think of that? And last, what does him being an **** to his friends have to do with Beasley playing on the court? Does that effect his ability to play basketball at all? That's irrelevant to this discussion.

True,I'm just saying he needs to pick his friends more wisely because they are doing him wrong.And your right it doesnt have a thing to with the way he plays off the court.Beas is a good player maybe great in the future.Im just saying that Beas and Gallo are more comparable then most people think,thats all.

The fact the Knicks witht the 6th pick got a player that is comparable to the number 2 pick is pretty good for the Knicks and there franchise.

But as you can see the next year we picked Hill over Jennings,so far we swung and missed"so far".
But you never know we could trade JJefferies and Hill can come in to take over his spot and we can have another homerun.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#352 » by miamiballer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:30 pm

to be fair, the whole 2008 draft class is deep beyond measure....its not miami's fault that there is little seperation b/w the top 2 picks and the rest of the top 7...still, i believe that beasley has more talent and potential than gallo...i will admit though that if miami lands bosh, gallo would be a better fit for the team than beasley
YounG_A
Starter
And1: 161

Post#353 » by YounG_A » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:48 pm

:lol: @ the Knicks fans bringing up Beasley's personal life into this.
OMG he smokes OMG
that means Danilo Gallinari is better!!
OMG he was caught drinking OMG
Danilo Gallinari doesn't drink or smoke that means hes better than SUPER COOL BEAS! :roll:

Beasley hasn't been in trouble since he came in the NBA, and is the first player to come to practice and last to leave he's been focus and you pathetic Knicks fans bringing up all that **** about him being a bonehead, going to rehab, stuff about his friends and not having a long career that just shows that Beasley is better and yall have nothing else to argue about but bring in his personal life and not talk about what he does on the court and his skills.

I'm done arguing about this
Beasley is better than Gallinari.
Beasley will be an allstar and is an upcoming star, Gallinari will be a nice 6th man or a solid starter nothing more.
method
RealGM

Post#354 » by method » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:00 pm

YounG_A wrote::lol: @ the Knicks fans bringing up Beasley's personal life into this.
OMG he smokes OMG
Danilo Gallinari doesn't drink or smoke that means hes better than SUPER COOL BEAS! :roll:

Are you telling me you rather have a propect that is 6'7" with weed and a drinking problems that allready went to rehab,then a player thats almost a 7 footer that is basically perfect and will wind up being bigger then Jeter when the Knicks start winning?

You are out of your mind.

And no superbeas is NOT better then Gallo.

If he is show the facts...oh I forgot you cant because it isnt true.
Carmelo22
Rookie

Post#355 » by Carmelo22 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:53 pm

method wrote:
YounG_A wrote::lol: @ the Knicks fans bringing up Beasley's personal life into this.
OMG he smokes OMG

Are you telling me you rather have a propect that is 6'7" with weed and a drinking problems that allready went to rehab,then a player thats almost a 7 footer that is basically perfect and will wind up being bigger then Jeter when the Knicks start winning?

aight hommie you have lost my support here too.
again weed and drinking make no difference. this is the NBA, 90% probably drink and i wouldnt be suprised if 20% did weed. gallo is no where near perfect and wont ever be. He is gonna be and outstanding player but his ceiling is Dirk. And there is no chance he is getting to Jeters level as a posterboy in new york.
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#356 » by CoolD » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:30 pm

method wrote:
OMG he smokes OMG

:lol: Take it easy boy, let me give you a napkin to clean that white stuff off your lips.
method
RealGM

Post#357 » by method » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:55 am

CoolD wrote:
method wrote:
OMG he smokes OMG

:lol: Take it easy boy, let me give you a napkin to clean that white stuff off your lips.

LMAO....is this guy for real?

He comes out of nowhere to throw his 2 cents in with nothing no stats to back himself up,unreal.
method
RealGM

Post#358 » by method » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:09 am

Carmelo22 wrote:
aight hommie you have lost my support here too.
again weed and drinking make no difference. this is the NBA, 90% probably drink and i wouldnt be suprised if 20% did weed. gallo is no where near perfect and wont ever be. He is gonna be and outstanding player but his ceiling is Dirk. And there is no chance he is getting to Jeters level as a posterboy in new york.

Carmelo22 Im sure you are a great poster.

But the truth of the matter when the Knicks start winning and Gallo is a part of it with his goodlooks we will be a superstar and a girl magnet in best city in the world New York similiar to a Jeter(you misunderstood me I never said he will be on Jeters level championship wise just girl magnet wise) and a ARod.And if you think different Im sorry check out David Wright and how big of a star he is and he plays for the Mets.

I know drinking and smoking is a big part of the NBA,but since day one literally.Since he was at the orientation for the NBA when he got caught smoking with Chamers.He is a regular on TMZ the guy is an embarrestment to the NBA,I gurentee if Rilley made that pick all over he would pick Gallo in a heart beat,and whoever says different is in denial.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,435

Post#359 » by TrueLAfan » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:20 am

Too much commentary moving toward personal attacks here--stay on topic, people.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,973

Post#360 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:00 am

It's been a few months, but have opinions changed at all?
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones

Return to Player Comparisons