Beasley or Gallinari?

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

Who's the better player now and in the future?

Michael Beasley
43%
Danilo Gallinari
57%

Total votes: 140

oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,359

Re: Beasley or Gallinari? 

Post#41 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:25 am

You would think that most NBA teams would say Beasley, but his off the court issues make that much more debatable.

Both still have room to grow, both are very talented and both have some big holes. If your team can afford to take on a weak player on the defensive end you go with Danielo, becasue of his passing/shooting. If his lack of strength would be an issue for your team you go for Beasley.

Warriors would take Danielo, not because he is better (though it is possible that he could be), but because Nelson likes players that can handle the ball and pass.

Beasley, Gallinari, Thompson, Randolph and Speights are going to be compared for a long time... I'll admit it, Speights was my favorite going into the draft.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,944

Post#42 » by knickabocker88 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:40 am

I don;t know much about Beaz and I;m sure Heat Fans don;t kow much about Gallo

How about we wait after the X-Mas game to get a better understanding
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#43 » by That Nicka » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:25 am

Beasley but its close
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,156
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#44 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:47 am

I think Gallinari is the most talented European to come into the NBA in a while, I know almost every Italian site and coach thought he was a lot more talented than Bargnani.

He's a ridiculously good shooter, and he's real versatile, I watched a fair bit of tape of him overseas and I just really liked how he played.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Harry10
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#45 » by Harry10 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:55 am

Gallinari.... with all things being equal, i'll take the guy who doesn't have the mental problems.
Idunkon1stdates
Senior
And1: 22

Post#46 » by Idunkon1stdates » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Harry10 wrote:Gallinari.... with all things being equal, i'll take the guy who doesn't have the mental problems.

Gallinari appears to have Downs, making this comparison a bit confusing.

I'll take Gallo. Beasley's rebounding numbers are the biggest disappointment for me. I didn't expect him to be a great defender, and I thought his offensive game would takea few years to fully mature, but wow... pathetic rebounder after being really good in college.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#47 » by Chosen01 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:54 pm

Beasley, Gall is overated to me. look at the comparisons to beasley and the top PFs in the game when they were rookies and sophmores, and the thing is beasley isnt even the first option is more like 3rd and times the 2nd. As well as he has minutes at Sf which to me he is better at the PF spot.

When he plays SF, his rebound numbers go down.

cmon Beasley 15 and 7 31 mpg(he plays SF alot (because of haslem), if he played strictly PF then no doubt he would average AT LEAST 8-9 rpg

Galli 14 and 5 29mpg
I am Ra
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#48 » by I am Ra » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:12 pm

Chosen01 wrote:Beasley, Gall is overated to me. look at the comparisons to beasley and the top PFs in the game when they were rookies and sophmores, and the thing is beasley isnt even the first option is more like 3rd and times the 2nd. As well as he has minutes at Sf which to me he is better at the PF spot.

cmon Beasley 15 and 7 31 mpg(he plays SF alot (because of haslem), if he played strictly PF then no doubt he would average AT LEAST 8-9 rpg

Galli 14 and 5 29mpg

Have you watched knicks games this year? Gallo is consistently ignored by teamates. He is a tremendous shooter, good off the dribble, sets up teamates and isnt even a bit selfish, very smart, good shotblocker/stealer, and moves ok for his size.

I admit that i havent watched enough heat games this year also, but gallo is a tremendous prospect and unless people expect him to be mvp of the league i dont think he is overrated.
Chosen01
RealGM

Post#49 » by Chosen01 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:35 pm

GalloFan22 wrote:
Chosen01 wrote:Beasley, Gall is overated to me. look at the comparisons to beasley and the top PFs in the game when they were rookies and sophmores, and the thing is beasley isnt even the first option is more like 3rd and times the 2nd. As well as he has minutes at Sf which to me he is better at the PF spot.

Galli 14 and 5 29mpg

Have you watched knicks games this year? Gallo is consistently ignored by teamates. He is a tremendous shooter, good off the dribble, sets up teamates and isnt even a bit selfish, very smart, good shotblocker/stealer, and moves ok for his size.

I admit that i havent watched enough heat games this year also, but gallo is a tremendous prospect and unless people expect him to be mvp of the league i dont think he is overrated.

Didnt say he was bad, but what you said about gallo is slightly the same with bealsey, at times he is ignored by teamates, wade trusts haslem over him, he doesnt normally play in 4th quarter, and he is constantly switching positions.
Gallo maybe an awesome prospect, but i feel Beasley has more potential.
Chris435
Starter
And1: 58

Post#50 » by Chris435 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:46 pm

i like gallinari. he just strikes me as someone who is a serious competitor.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#51 » by Prospect Dong » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:01 pm

I think there needs to be a realgm equivalent of Megan's law, so that any poster who took the Sweetney side of "Sweetney or Bosh" or the Ariza side of "Iggy or Ariza" needs to declare it at the start of their PC posts - cause there's a few guys here who would pimp for anyone and anything that happened to be dressed in orange and blue.

I'll take Beasley, but not by a huge amount. I think D'Antoni's system tends to inflate stats a little, and it's early enough in their careers that I'll pick the one who came into the league as the more touted prospect until I get clear indications to the contrary.
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#52 » by Flash3 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:10 pm

Chosen01 wrote:he doesnt normally play in 4th quarter,

Nope, he plays in the 4th, but doesn't close out games, and that's because Haslem is a better defender, and Miami teams are and have always been about defense, even though Beasley deserves to be playing the end of games, but that's an orginzational decision, not because he lacks this or that, much....

and he is constantly switching positions.

Uhh, he played 56% of his time at the 4 spot. How does that constitute as constantly switching positions 1st of all?

And secondly, if the match-up dictates he play SF where he has the advantage over the SF, then so be it.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Chosen01
RealGM

Post#53 » by Chosen01 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Flash3 wrote:
Chosen01 wrote:he doesnt normally play in 4th quarter,

Nope, he plays in the 4th, but doesn't close out games, and that's because Haslem is a better defender, and Miami teams are and have always been about defense, even though Beasley deserves to be playing the end of games, but that's an orginzational decision, not because he lacks this or that, much....

Uhh, he played 56% of his time at the 4 spot. How does that constitute as constantly switching positions 1st of all?

And secondly, if the match-up dictates he play SF where he has the advantage over the SF, then so be it.

.. honestly i meant to say he doesnt close out games, obviously he would play a little in the 4th qter. 56% isnt all the time now is it? that means he plays 44% at Sf, meaning if he played at least 80% and he closed out the 4th qters im sure his rbs and pts would be up.

and i doubt beasley would really have much matchup problems because most SFs would be quicker than him but he doesnt post up enough for it to make a diffence, but in PF, he would be quicker than the PFs.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,816

Post#54 » by Johnny Firpo » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:14 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:I think there needs to be a realgm equivalent of Megan's law, so that any poster who took the Sweetney side of "Sweetney or Bosh" or the Ariza side of "Iggy or Ariza" needs to declare it at the start of their PC posts - cause there's a few guys here who would pimp for anyone and anything that happened to be dressed in orange and blue.

I'll take Beasley, but not by a huge amount. I think D'Antoni's system tends to inflate stats a little, and it's early enough in their careers that I'll pick the one who came into the league as the more touted prospect until I get clear indications to the contrary.

Your statement has some truth in it, but it's really different this time. I'm not a Knicks fan for example, and still love the kid's game, and there are more and more fans out there who start noticing Gallo. Here at realgm too. He's a much better prospect then Ariza, or Sweetney, or Frye was at that age. He's a complete basketball player already, with a lot of room to improve.
NYKnick87
Banned User

Post#55 » by NYKnick87 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:

We haven't run D'Antoni's preferred style of offense so far this year, but we did jack up a lot of shots early on. If Gallo wanted to inflate his numbers, that was the time to do it. Now, we are actually more of a half-court team than anything else and it has produced wins - we've gone 7-6 after starting 1-9. During the month of December, he's averaging 16.8 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 2.2 apg, 1.6 stl, 1.4 blks and getting to the line 4 times a game.
Chosen01
RealGM

Post#56 » by Chosen01 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:I I think D'Antoni's system tends to inflate stats a little, .

Eactly.

Put Beasley on the knicks and hes avg 22 10 on 45% shooting.
NYKnick87
Banned User

Post#57 » by NYKnick87 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:20 pm

Flash3 wrote:
Chosen01 wrote:

He's constantly switching between the 3 and 4.
WadeKnicks2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#58 » by WadeKnicks2010 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:21 pm

Chosen01 wrote:
Prospect Dong wrote:I I think D'Antoni's system tends to inflate stats a little, .

Eactly.

lol @ 10 rpg. I'll say this now, Beasley will NEVER average 10 RPG for a season. Beasley's stats are already inflated as high as it can be BASED on how good he is right NOW. His team goes out of their way to make sure he gets good looks, the whole offensive system is designed to have someone break down the defense then give Beasley an open look for his clumbsy looking jumper.

With Gallo, he goes out of his way to distribute the ball and get his teammates good looks, while scoring in the flow of the offense. I'd take 15 ppg(Gallo) while making teammates around you better over 17ppg(SupercoolWeedsley) with teammates sacrificing to make you better any day of the week.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by Flash3 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:06 pm

NYKnick87 wrote:
Flash3 wrote:
Chosen01 wrote:

He's constantly switching between the 3 and 4.

He plays more than 50% of the time at one spot, that being his natural spot, the 4-spot. And, when Haslem comes in, since we don't have a legitimate SF behind Quentin Richardson, Beasley is moved to the 3 spot to make up for the lack of SF depth.

So, you want to add some color as to how he's consistently going back and forth with some reasoning behind it?
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by Flash3 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:08 pm

WadeKnicks2010 wrote:
Chosen01 wrote:

Eactly.

lol @ 10 rpg. I'll say this now, Beasley will NEVER average 10 RPG for a season. Beasley's stats are already inflated as high as it can be BASED on how good he is right NOW. His team goes out of their way to make sure he gets good looks, the whole offensive system is designed to have someone break down the defense then give Beasley an open look for his clumbsy looking jumper.

With Gallo, he goes out of his way to distribute the ball and get his teammates good looks, while scoring in the flow of the offense. I'd take 15 ppg(Gallo) while making teammates around you better over 17ppg(SupercoolWeedsley) with teammates sacrificing to make you better any day of the week.

What in the world? :banghead:

How can someone's stats, whomever that may be, be inflated based on how good he is right now?

That makes absolutely no sense. -- How can you inflate stats based on someone's perceived value when the stats are of real significant value that can be calculated and proven as fact, and not as perceived notion?

Return to Player Comparisons