Beasley or Gallinari?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Who's the better player now and in the future?

Michael Beasley
43%
Danilo Gallinari
57%

Total votes: 140

method
RealGM
And1: 299

Re: Beasley or Gallinari? 

Post#81 » by method » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:
What did your eyes tell you about Michael Sweetney?

Seriously, we've had the "should have gone high lotto" rhetoric about Vajunic, Lampe, Sweetney, Ariza, Frye, Nicholls (yes, really), Balkman, Lee. And huge hype for Collins, Frank Williams and Chandler. And not a single all-star appearance to show for it. And a bunch of them out of the league. And the same people, showing up, year after year, to repeat the same "I watch the games so I know" B.S.

At least start by admitting you've been found guilty of molesting logic in the past.

Sweenty had bad hands and weight problems at the time he was the heighrest pick we had in years so I tried to like the guy,Vajunic why dont you ask Chris Ford about him I was basicly going by his word.Ariza speaks for himself he was a key cog to a championship team.Frye hows he doing in Phonix?Balkman was a straight up hustler something we lacked I personaly seen him change games by himself and also lock down Melo,why dont you ask Denver fans about him.Lee if we are a 500 team by the all-star break wouldnt be surprised if he is a all-star.Collins was garbage,and Frank Williams is another one who eat himself out the league.Chandler considering he was in a cast all off season seems to be coming into his own this past month considered where he was picked he hisnt good?Lampe seems to be doing awesome overseas,remember we drafted him when he was 18.And we werent the only ones that thought we had a steal.IT didnt have the paitence for him.

Gallo is by far better then all them with the exception of Lee but will soon surpass him if he dont believe me I couldnt care less,you will see for yourself if you are a NBA fan.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#82 » by Prospect Dong » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:39 pm

See Method, I make that 8 guys you or guys like you thought should have gone in the high lotto, and zero guys who've gone on to justify that claim with an all star appearance. Sure, some of them have stuck in the league, a couple of them are even starter quality, others are playing Milt Palacio-quality ball in europe. But not one who would be a top 3 pick if their draft was held again today.

So, at some point, like when you're 0 from 8 with the "I just say what I see, time will show I'm right" approach, you probably need to look less and the court, and harder at yourself.

And seriously, you're excusing the "Lampe for MVP" talk with "IT didnt have the paitence for him."? Shouldn't he be tearing it up for the suns about now?
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors
method
RealGM

Post#83 » by method » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:47 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:See Method, I make that 8 guys you or guys like you thought should have gone in the high lotto, and zero guys who've gone on to justify that claim with an all star appearance. Sure, some of them have stuck in the league, a couple of them are even starter quality, others are playing Milt Palacio-quality ball in europe. But not one who would be a top 3 pick if their draft was held again today.

So, at some point, like when you're 0 from 8 with the "I just say what I see, time will show I'm right" approach, you probably need to look less and the court, and harder at yourself.

And seriously, you're excusing the "Lampe for MVP" talk with "IT didnt have the paitence for him."? Shouldn't he be tearing it up for the suns about now?
every signal fan can be accused of hyping up there propects.Im not the only one.I have been fellowing basketball for at least 20 years,and I can say with a straight face Gallo is special.And what do you want me to say?Gallos going to blow up for 50 tomorrow?No all I can say is wait and see.
method
RealGM

Post#84 » by method » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:See Method, I make that 8 guys you or guys like you thought should have gone in the high lotto, and zero guys who've gone on to justify that claim with an all star appearance. Sure, some of them have stuck in the league, a couple of them are even starter quality, others are playing Milt Palacio-quality ball in europe. But not one who would be a top 3 pick if their draft was held again today.

Sorry you have me confused with someone else.
method
RealGM

Post#85 » by method » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:.

Sorry that didnt come out of my mouth,you must have me confused with someone else.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by Prospect Dong » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:55 pm

Dude, you just tried to defend all those predictions. That makes it kinda ridiculous to go with the "also I never thought any of those things" defense.

I have been fellowing basketball for at least 20 years,and I can say with a straight face Gallo is special.

That's fine, except that you said with a straight face that a bunch of other guys, all knicks, all mediocre, were special. At some point your straight-facedness ceases to carry much weight with discerning posters. And that point was a few years back, when the guy you called a beast fell out of the league.

every signal fan can be accused of hyping up there propects.

Sure, every fan can be accused, only a few can be convicted. And with you, and a number of other guys here, I'm afraid it's open and shut.

KawhiRaptors
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#87 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:07 pm

I won't compare past busts to Gallo, that is unfair, ridiculous and holds no water.
What I will say, is with players like Brook Lopez, Derrick Rose, Eric Gordon, OJ Mayo, Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook and Michael Beasley in the same draft class, it is hard to definitively say who will be top 3, especially with the first 6 also playing out of their minds in their rookie year and this year.
I like Gallo a lot, but I think I take anyone of those first 6 players over him right now without a lot of thought and Beasley is the closest to dead even with him and plays the same position, hence the reason I made this comparison to begin with.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
method
RealGM

Post#88 » by method » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:27 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I won't compare past busts to Gallo, that is unfair, ridiculous and holds no water.
What I will say, is with players like Brook Lopez, Derrick Rose, Eric Gordon, OJ Mayo, Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook and Michael Beasley in the same draft class, it is hard to definitively say who will be top 3, especially with the first 6 also playing out of their minds in their rookie year and this year.
I like Gallo a lot, but I think I take anyone of those first 6 players over him right now without a lot of thought and Beasley is the closest to dead even with him and plays the same position, hence the reason I made this comparison to begin with.

You also have to let it be known that this is basicly Gallos rookie season.
method
RealGM

Post#89 » by method » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:44 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:
What did your eyes tell you about Michael Sweetney?

Seriously, we've had the "should have gone high lotto" rhetoric about Vajunic, Lampe, Sweetney, Ariza, Frye, Nicholls (yes, really), Balkman, Lee. And huge hype for Collins, Frank Williams and Chandler. And not a single all-star appearance to show for it. And a bunch of them out of the league. And the same people, showing up, year after year, to repeat the same "I watch the games so I know" B.S.

At least start by admitting you've been found guilty of molesting logic in the past.

Mr.DONG are you classifing me as all Knicks fans because if you are thats your first mistake!!!
method
RealGM

Post#90 » by method » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:
That's fine, except that you said with a straight face that a bunch of other guys,
all knicks, all mediocre, were special. At some point your straight-facedness ceases to carry much weight with discerning posters .

Nope wrong again I said Lee Will and Gallo are special players.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by Prospect Dong » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:27 pm

method wrote:
Prospect Dong wrote:
That's fine, except that you said with a straight face that a bunch of other guys,
all knicks, all mediocre, were special. At some point your straight-facedness ceases to carry much weight with discerning posters .

Nope wrong again I said Lee Will and Gallo are special players.

And Sweetney, and Lampe, and Ariza. And those are just the guys I remember you talking about. Seriously, at some point you have to recognise that you're not very good at l predicting when a Knick's player is going to be good. I'm not very good at it, which is why I have expressed no really strong opinions on Gallo vs Beasley. You should join me.

KawhiRaptors
WesWesley
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#92 » by WesWesley » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Beasley
5:26 LAC - B. Davis misses a layup
method
RealGM

Post#93 » by method » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:
And Sweetney, and Lampe, and Ariza. And those are just the guys I remember you talking about. Seriously, at some point you have to recognise that you're not very good at l predicting when a Knick's player is going to be good. I'm not very good at it, which is why I have expressed no really strong opinions on Gallo vs Beasley. You should join me .

The only why I will join you is if you rent a penthouse on the top of 4-seasons with massive amounts of booze and other such stuff I will not mention with about eight hookers(no offense to any female poster) to split between the both of us.Im sure you have the name Mr.Dong for a reason so Im sure you have some pull.if not it will never happen me joining you.:)And that would be coming out of your savings.:)
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#94 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:49 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:What did your eyes tell you about Michael Sweetney?

What rhetoric has there ever been for Vajunic, Sweetney, Ariza, Frye, Nichols, Lee or Balkman?
I never cared for Milos, Ariza, Frye, Nichols or Balkman. So where do I stand in all of this?

The only one in that group you can say actually is Lampe. A week before the draft people still had him going top five, Heat were real hot for him. It wasn't until the contract buyout I believe it was made him fall all the way down.

There was no hype for Collins except that maybe he could become a Aaron McKie type player. The only reason McKie was chosen was because they went to Temple.

There was about ten people who loved Frank Williams, he had one amazing week of play then was traded.

Wilson Chandler at best will be a good fourth option. He is still learning how to pick his shots and how to attack more often. No one is claiming that he will be an all-star nor ever will be.

However Gallo yes, people love him for good reason. He already has one of the better shots in the league and each game that passes by he is improving his play. It's not like it's just Knick fans, people around the league are taking notice.

The Nuggets, Warriors, Pacers, Wolves and Suns play at a faster pace. So does that mean we have to discount the players they have to a degree? No, not at all. It is what it is.

The entire Lampe for MVP talk is funny.
You forgot Postell for All-Star campaign as well.

Just by looking at your post you seem to stay on the General and Trade boards. Who knows maybe just a casual fan of the NBA maybe shying away from your favorite team board.

As a fan your going to overrate a player to a degree, that's human nature. However when it comes to Gallinari this extends beyond the Knicks fan base.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
method
RealGM

Post#95 » by method » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:46 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:
And Sweetney, and Lampe, and Ariza. And those are just the guys I remember you talking about. Seriously, at some point you have to recognise that you're not very good at l predicting when a Knick's player is going to be good. I'm not very good at it, which is why I have expressed no really strong opinions on Gallo vs Beasley. You should join me.

How do you remember me talking about Sweets and Lampe when you joined the board in 08 and Sweets Lampe was drafted around about 05 So please dont act like you know me or lump me with a bunch of other knuckle headed Knick fans.
method
RealGM

Post#96 » by method » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:04 pm

EDIT.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by Prospect Dong » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:04 pm

method wrote:
Prospect Dong wrote:

How do you remember me talking about Sweets when you joined the board in 08 and Sweets was drafted around about 05-06(could be wrong).So please dont act like you know me or lump me with a bubch of other knuckle headed Knick fans.

Actually dude we had a Sweetney vs Nene sig bet, except we couldn't work out the terms. I know you from way, way back. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but you kinda suck at rating knicks players. That's cool, but when I suck at something, I stop doing it in public...

What rhetoric has there ever been for Vajunic, Sweetney, Ariza, Frye, Nichols, Lee or Balkman?

You know when i said this?

we've had the "should have gone high lotto" rhetoric about Vajunic, Lampe, Sweetney, Ariza, Frye, Nicholls (yes, really), Balkman, Lee.

Well, that was intended to remind people that some knicks fans, and not just crazies like knicks=#1, said that all of those guys, all of them, should have gone high in the lottery, at one point or another. You didn't think so? Fine. Though I tend to find people don't remember themselves saying stuff that turns out to be pretty dumb (see my sig, for instance), but whatever, you know better than I do. Some guys in this thread did. They should let people know their track records before commenting, is all I'm saying.

It wasn't until the contract buyout I believe it was made [lampe] fall all the way down

He didn't have a big buyout though did he? That's how the knicks were able to bring him over for less than he would have earned as a high lotto pick. He dropped because he couldn't dunk off one foot in workouts, but no one on the knicks board would hear that.

KawhiRaptors
method
RealGM

Post#98 » by method » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:28 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:
Actually dude we had a Sweetney vs Nene sig bet, except we couldn't work out the terms. I know you from way, way back. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but you kinda suck at rating knicks players. That's cool, but when I suck at something, I stop doing it in public...

Nope that was not me I happen to think even way back then Nene was better.I was really pissed that we gave Camby(my favorite player at the time) and Nene now I did much reading on him coming into the league for Dice.One of the worst trades in Knick history and that set us back at least half a decade if not more,Picture a frontcourt of Amare and Camby ,yeah tell me about it,Believe me I wouldnt argue with anybody about Sweets and Nene when Nene is clearly the better player even back then.Now if you could show me proof I will shut me mouth and apologize but expect you to do the same,deal?
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by Prospect Dong » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:45 pm

method wrote:
Prospect Dong wrote:

Nope that was not me I happen to think even way back then Nene was better.I was really pissed that we gave Camby(my favorite player at the time) and Nene now I did much reading on hime coming into the league for Dice.One of the worst trades in Knick history and that set us back at least half a decade if not more,Picture a frontcourt od Amare and Camby ,yeah tell me about it,Believe me I wouldnt argue with antbody abour Sweets and Nene when Nene is clearly the better player even back then.Now if you could show me proff I will shut me mouth and apoligive but expect you to do the same,deal?

I tend to find people don't remember themselves saying stuff that turns out to be pretty dumb

You and stutterstep. I'd want to forget it too. Sad thing is, in three years you'll be saying the same thing about Gallo and Beasley.

KawhiRaptors
method
RealGM

Post#100 » by method » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:58 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:
You and stutterstep. I'd want to forget it too. Sad thing is, in three years you'll be saying the same thing about Gallo and Beasley.

1 out of 10 we have to be evently right.:)

Return to Player Comparisons