Post#261 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,693

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#262 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:58 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:...Minott could or not fall to the Hawks, but I'd probably have 4-5 other guys above him at that pick, that's how good I favor this draft later.

Noted. I haven't seen much of him beyond scouting videos, but I've read a number of scouts indicate he'd be a 1st rounder if he stayed in college another year.

Bleacher Report has him in their top-30 players! :o

Invest Early on Minott

Josh Minott would have been near our 2023 lottery projections had he returned to college. It's worth investing early in his explosiveness and passing and waiting/betting on some shooting improvement. For a 6'8" forward, he posted strong defensive playmaking rates with a 3.1 steal percentage and a 5.4 block percentage. Those are promising indicators of functional athleticism, while his motor and age (19) are pluses. The fact that he showed up to the combine with tweaked jump-shot mechanics reflects some acknowledgment of a need to improve.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,443

Post#263 » by CP War Hawks » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:43 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:...Minott could or not fall to the Hawks, but I'd probably have 4-5 other guys above him at that pick, that's how good I favor this draft later.

Noted. I haven't seen much of him beyond scouting videos, but I've read a number of scouts indicate he'd be a 1st rounder if he stayed in college another year.

Bleacher Report has him in their top-30 players! :o

Invest Early on Minott

Josh Minott would have been near our 2023 lottery projections had he returned to college. It's worth investing early in his explosiveness and passing and waiting/betting on some shooting improvement. For a 6'8" forward, he posted strong defensive playmaking rates with a 3.1 steal percentage and a 5.4 block percentage. Those are promising indicators of functional athleticism, while his motor and age (19) are pluses. The fact that he showed up to the combine with tweaked jump-shot mechanics reflects some acknowledgment of a need to improve.

I think the main issue for Minot is that he's so raw, he won't contribute much of anything until his second contract if he even develops that far. It's like 50-50 they sell or trade that 2nd rounder. But it's fathomable a prospect like Sharife will fall to that pick again.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#264 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:27 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#265 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:44 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#266 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:07 am

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,201

Post#267 » by HMFFL » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:13 am

Jamaaliver wrote:

I expect him to be very successful.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,201

Post#268 » by HMFFL » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:18 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter
Tari Eason

In all likelihood, Eason will hear his name called in the middle of the first round. The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor, ESPN's Jonathan Givony and The Athletic's Sam Vecenie all predict that he will be selected within the first 17 picks of the draft.

O'Connor has Eason landing with the Atlanta Hawks at 16 while Givony and Vecenie predict that he falls to 17 and is taken by the Houston Rockets.

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/lsu/2022/06/21/2022-nba-draft-shareef-oneal-tari-eason-and-darius-days-lsu-basketball/7647449001/

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#269 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:40 am

HMFFL wrote:I expect him to be very successful.

Keegan lacks top end speed and athleticism, but his skill level is so high. Top notch creation, shooting off the dribble and open court facilitating. I'm kind of hoping this is the player we're secretly after should we pursue a top-4 pick. His game is akin to Jayson Tatum, even if he is a less talented player.

He'd fit well next to a defensive anchor in Capela.

Sam Vecenie wrote:Good size for a combo forward at 6-foot-8 with roughly a 6-foot-11 wingspan. Very smooth athlete. Good explosiveness and an
above-average athlete. Great balance and body control. On top of that, plays with great strength. Absorbs contact well and has
no problem playing through any bumps or physicality. The intersection of power, body control and speed is abnormal.

Was the best high-volume, high-efficiency guy in college basketball this year. He’s a prolific offensive player as a scorer,
particularly out of face-up mid-post opportunities and spot-up chances. Loves to go right. Goal is to either get to his left-to-right
crossover or to his spin move back to his right hand.

Exceptional open-floor player and a terrific grab-and-go player. Not wildly shifty in the frontcourt, but shifty enough and uses
pace well to get by his man. Hesitations are key for him. Plays with poise, and because he’s so strong, he’s able to get downhill
without lightning speed. Even if he can’t get out in transition, loves to get the ball early to try to get to the rim.

He’s a pretty good defensive playmaker. Gets a lot of stocks to create those transition opportunities. Also, a good rebounder
when pushing. Iowa regularly used him at the top of their zone press, and he got a ton of deflections and steals by being active
with his hands. Think he generally is active without always being totally engaged in the play on defense.
The Athletic
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#270 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:25 pm

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#271 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:01 pm

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#272 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:16 am

raleigh wrote:Haven't watched Agbaji a ton, but senior guards always give me a bit of pause.

If Eason is there when the Hawks pick, you have to think they'll consider him. With JC constantly in rumors and Hunter's rookie deal nearing its end...

I may have slept on Tari Eason this draft process. Between Summer League and today at Drew league, he has proven his mettle pretty consistently the last 12 months.

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#273 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:47 pm

I loved this kid coming out of that 2022 draft. He went in the 2nd round, got injured in his first Summer League action and is just now getting back to a healthy, NBA ready player.

Super happy for him. I'd add him to the list of cheap prospects to snatch and add to our frontcourt.

Read on Twitter

Jamaaliver wrote:Tweener forward with solid production and limited upside. Mid first round pick: likely 18-23 range.

E.J. Liddell, F, Ohio State | Junior

Return to Atlanta Hawks