Re: 2024 Prospect Spotlight: Zach Edey 

Post#101 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 15, 2024 4:27 pm

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,686

Post#102 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 15, 2024 4:29 pm

I'd still strongly consider trading back into the first round for ZE.

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#103 » by Jamaaliver » Thu May 16, 2024 4:41 am

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#104 » by Jamaaliver » Sun May 19, 2024 5:50 pm

Edey in OKC or Memphis makes too much sense for Western Teams that need to go through Nikola Jokic every year, right?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,064

Post#105 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:08 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Edey in OKC or Memphis makes too much sense for Western Teams that need to go through Nikola Jokic every year, right?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I would love to have Edey on the Hawks and I have no idea why you spend so much time posting on non Hawk senarios on the Hawk's board. A lot of your posts would be better placed on the GB or the draft board. Hawks board should be for Hawk's related stuff

X player to x non Hawk team is not Hawk's board material

Edey to Hawks? Yes for Hawks board
Edey to OKC WTF?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#106 » by Jamaaliver » Mon May 20, 2024 6:38 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Edey in OKC or Memphis makes too much sense for Western Teams that need to go through Nikola Jokic every year, right?

I would love to have Edey on the Hawks and I have no idea why you spend so much time posting on non Hawk senarios on the Hawk's board. A lot of your posts would be better placed on the GB or the draft board. Hawks board should be for Hawk's related stuff

Edey to OKC WTF?

:cry:

I am high on Edey. And I spent all College BBall season scouting him and his potential fit for the Hawks.

Once we missed out on the Sacramento pick this summer, it became unlikely he'd end up here.

Once we moved from #10 to #1, it's a near certainty he won't be drafted here.

But where he gets drafted still effects this team. If we pass on 300 lb Zach Edey to draft a certain 220 pound Center from France, and then Edey gets drafted by Miami or New York or Boston - that feels like a relevant development. :dontknow:

NOTE: The General Board isn't a great place to talk basketball. It's just Hot Take Central.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#107 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:44 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:

Edey to OKC WTF?

I am high on Edey. And I spent all College BBall season scouting him and his potential fit for the Hawks.

Once we missed out on the Sacramento pick this summer, it became unlikely he'd end up here.

But where he gets drafted still effects this team. If we pass on 300 lb Zach Edey to draft a certain 220 pound Center from France, and then Edey gets drafted by Miami or New York or Boston - that feels like a relevant development. :dontknow:

I hear ya. With whatever trades happen I would love to get a pick that becomes Edey, but that has nothing to do with you sending him to OKC or MEM. THat is GB or draft board material. Let's try to keep our board Hawkscentric
NOTE: The General Board isn't a great place to talk basketball. It's just Hot Take Central.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#108 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:45 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:

Edey to OKC WTF?

I hear ya. With whatever trades happen I would love to get a pick that becomes Edey, but that has nothing to do with you sending him to OKC or MEM. THat is GB or draft board material. Let's try to keep our board Hawkscentric

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#109 » by Jamaaliver » Mon May 20, 2024 6:52 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:THat is GB or draft board material. Let's try to keep our board Hawkscentric

tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#110 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:59 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:THat is GB or draft board material. Let's try to keep our board Hawkscentric

Love ya Jamaal :lol:
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,010

Post#111 » by jayu70 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:26 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

:lol:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#112 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 22, 2024 12:35 pm

I can't lie, my great fear is that Miami will grab Edey, plug him in at the 5 spot and we get bodied every year for the next decade by the Canadian Yao Ming.

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,010

Post#113 » by jayu70 » Wed May 22, 2024 12:53 pm

I was always OK taking him with the Sac pick. Stupid Kings
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,395

Post#114 » by King Ken » Sat May 25, 2024 3:55 pm

My call hasn't changed one bit, it would be the biggest mistake in the Hawks 75-year history if they do not leave this draft with Zach Edey. A perfect fit with Trae in my scout. I clearly am not saying draft him at 1 as that's a reach, then again, drafting anyone at 1 in this draft to me is a reach in terms of value.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#115 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sat May 25, 2024 6:44 pm

jayu70 wrote:I was always OK taking him with the Sac pick. Stupid Kings

100% with you on that. I want Sarr and Edey from this draft
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,395

Post#116 » by King Ken » Sat May 25, 2024 8:54 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:I was always OK taking him with the Sac pick. Stupid Kings

100% with you on that. I want Sarr and Edey from this draft

While I am clearly, Edey over Clingan for Atlanta due to fit with Trae along, I still see both bigs as optimal fits and while this will change my opinion none on Sarr or Risacher, if Atlanta gets one of Edey or Clingan that at least solves our biggest issue which is a 5 with legit size to play with Trae.

If Atlanta wants to take Risacher or Sarr, I could really care less. Sure Risacher will make us better asap, it won't be much better, just slightly and Sarr is too raw on offense.

Just come away with one of the bigs is all I ask. If it's just OO and Capela, you deserve everything you get and if it's OO and Jonas who's also washed like CC, you deserve everything you get. Don't blue shirt meme this. Get one of these two behemoths and do whatever you want, I could care less.

Return to Atlanta Hawks