ImageImage

Game 33: Atlanta VS Washington Game Thread

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

AU hawksfan
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#141 » by AU hawksfan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:38 pm

The Knicks are possibly the only team in worse shape. They have been bad/mediocre nearly as long as Atlanta, have poor ownership and poor coach ing aswell. The only difference is that they have less really young talent.

Going by the logic that some of the guys here have... I must be a fan of 20+ teams.

Not really, I'm just wondering where you were during our 5 game winning streak. Oh thats right, you have nothing positive to say. Way to throw in the towel for the hawks this early in the season. Thankfully, they aren't quitters like you are and know there are plenty of games left this season.

Only the knicks are in worse shape? Are you kidding me?!? You know, it's not even worth it. I agree and think it's time for me to use my ignore button.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,201

Post#142 » by HMFFL » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:39 pm

tbhawksfan wrote:A good coach would change our whole reality.

Maybe so, but it was our players fault last night. They need to do the little things, stop allowing their opponents the easy baskets, and most of all they didn't shoot their free throws well.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,088

Post#143 » by High 5 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:13 pm

evildallas wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Haywood? I know he left early with 2 fouls, but he didn't seem to return at all.

Because occasionally a good coach will stick with what's working. Blatche won the game for them on the glass and with his defense.

On a positive note, I really liked the feeling I had with Josh Smith. Whenever he was posted up on Jamison it was pretty much automatic. He was either going to score or get fouled. Unfortunately he couldn't hit a FT to save his life.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#144 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:54 pm

High 5 wrote:On a positive note, I really liked the feeling I had with Josh Smith. Whenever he was posted up on Jamison it was pretty much automatic. He was either going to score or get fouled. Unfortunately he couldn't hit a FT to save his life.

Jamison stinks on defense. Scoring 35 on him isn't a big deal.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,088

Post#145 » by High 5 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:33 pm

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Jamison stinks on defense. Scoring 35 on him isn't a big deal.

It is because Josh knew that he could do whatever he wanted on Jamison and he played that way. Josh has all the talent in the world but he doesn't always play smart, last night he played smart. If he could do that every game he'd be a surefire All Star. Now if only he could have made one of his six misses at the charity stripe we would be at .500 right now.
evildallas
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#146 » by evildallas » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:00 pm

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Because occasionally a good coach will stick with what's working. Blatche won the game for them on the glass and with his defense.

On a positive note, I really liked the feeling I had with Josh Smith. Whenever he was posted up on Jamison it was pretty much automatic. He was either going to score or get fouled. Unfortunately he couldn't hit a FT to save his life.

I can accept that Blatche was playing well, but he wasn't on the court the entire time. At one point they had Songaila as the only big and at another point they went with Pecherov alone for a brief period. Haywood dominated us early in the season, I was just curious if he was injured or ill.

Edit - Guess you were right about it being a coaching decision. Big minutes played by Haywood tonight against the Celtics.
Going to donkey punch a leprechaun!

Return to Atlanta Hawks