ImageImage

Which personnel do we think Quin will keep next season?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,059

Re: Which personnel do we think Quin will keep next season? 

Post#181 » by tbhawksfan1 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:57 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Bogi has plateauaed, Capela is in decline, Trae and Dejounte are all over the place.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

You're being generous

Everyone but Bogy has been in decline for a while according to your chart
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,001

Post#182 » by Geaux_Hawks » Fri May 10, 2024 11:08 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Was just scouring thru some games, and Hunter being so mediocre in most of them got me thinking he has to be a top the list of guys we're considering moving on from. I mean there's nothing worth holding onto at this point. We really would've been better off keeping 8 and 17. A lot of folks wanted Brandon Clarke. I personally wanted Jaxson Hayes or Herro. Thybulle would've been perfect at 17. Would've been nice if we uncovered Cam Johnson. Nic Claxton would be nice right now. Such a huge disappointment from a #4 overall pick.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,675

Post#183 » by Jamaaliver » Sat May 11, 2024 1:50 am

Geaux_Hawks wrote:Was just scouring thru some games, and Hunter being so mediocre in most of them got me thinking he has to be a top the list of guys we're considering moving on from. I mean there's nothing worth holding onto at this point. We really would've been better off keeping 8 and 17. A lot of folks wanted Brandon Clarke. I personally wanted Jaxson Hayes or Herro. Thybulle would've been perfect at 17. Would've been nice if we uncovered Cam Johnson. Nic Claxton would be nice right now. Such a huge disappointment from a #4 overall pick.

+1000
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,550

Post#184 » by dms269 » Sat May 11, 2024 12:28 pm

I do feel like Hunter has been improved this past season. The issue with moving on from him is you have to have someone willing to take him, and even if you dump him you won't have cap space to sign someone else.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,000

Post#185 » by jayu70 » Sat May 11, 2024 12:40 pm

dms269 wrote:I do feel like Hunter has been improved this past season. The issue with moving on from him is you have to have someone willing to take him, and even if you dump him you won't have cap space to sign someone else.

If we dump Hunter we'd just get another TPE that we won't use. :roll: :-?
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,001

Post#186 » by Geaux_Hawks » Sat May 11, 2024 5:20 pm

dms269 wrote:I do feel like Hunter has been improved this past season. The issue with moving on from him is you have to have someone willing to take him, and even if you dump him you won't have cap space to sign someone else.

jayu70 wrote:If we dump Hunter we'd just get another TPE that we won't use. :roll: :-?

To be honest, I just don't see the improvement. Did he do some things differently? To an extent, yes, but that seemed more influenced by coaching, and not necessarily Hunter's own doing.

I understand it takes two to tango, and we might not even get anything of real value, but seeing a 6'4 Josh Hart snag 18 rebounds(career TRB% of 12.4 vs Hunter's 7.3) and defend opponents wings, has me convinced enough that we can find a better fit over Hunter. Vit Krejci isn't some next level player, but my goodness, I would've been more interested seeing him try to make something happen over what Hunter did in the play-in.

Jay you already mentioned before. It's time the FO starts earning that paycheck and doing the work necessary to build a team. Take some swings on some lottery tickets in the 2nd round of the draft. Actually utilize the exceptions that are available. Go discover the underrated journeyman that simply fits around your stars. Deep dive on other teams failed prospects/projects. There's probably another Lauri Markkanen out there if we really want to find him(Kuminga, Giddey, Avdija, Cam Johnson, Dyson Daniels)

At the end of the day, we need a drastic re-tool since rebuilding is completely off the table. If that means addition by subtraction, then we need to consider it heavily.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#187 » by Jamaaliver » Tue May 21, 2024 1:00 am

At some point we should start asking what players actually pair well alongside Jalen?

What drafted player is a natural fit, in particular.

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#188 » by Jamaaliver » Yesterday 1:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Thru January 2024 -
Top Line are advanced stats with Jalen and Okongwu sharing the court.
Dominant numbers on offense and defense.

Return to Atlanta Hawks