39%
Mike Conley Jr
39%

Total votes: 23

killbuckner
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#21 » by killbuckner » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:33 pm

Rip2137 wrote:We are a .500 team and his minutes are being split with Tyronne lue who is definately making us lose games.

Rip- you just have no connection to reality at this point. During this 4 game losing streak which one do you think that Lue lost them?

The Mavs game where Lue didn't play? The cavs game where Lue was a +1? The pacers game where he was a +5? (and the team lost by 22) The nets game where he didn't play? Please tell us which one of those is the game you think that Lue MADE the Hawks lose.

THanks for showing everyone how little your opinions are actually connected to reality.
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#22 » by JoshB914 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:50 pm

I don't get the Lue stuff. He has hardly been on the floor.
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#23 » by Rip2137 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:05 pm

KB, you do realize that the season is in January, right? Tommorrow isn't the 6th game of the season. Lue is averaging 18 minutes per game when he plays. I need that number to be closer to 0.

I realize that some of those games, Law was injured. But before Law was ever injured, Lue was playing more than 20 minutes per game. I would have much rather seen Law get over 30 and split time with AJ.

And yes, i would have much rather seen Law get 23 minutes of burn in the Cleveland game than Lue getting 15 of those.

I would rather him get 19 minutes instead of Lue getting those.

Why? Because Tyronn Lue is horrible, thats why. I don't want toe see someone that can't defend anyone and stagnates the defense get anytime over Law because he supposedly helps us win games when in reality he turns the offense into crap, gives up easy points, gets our bigs out of position when they have to rotate to his horrible defense.

Want to keep Law on the bench and we still have a chance to win? Fine, but not if that includes giving any of those minutes to Tyronn Lue, who is, I repeat, horrible.
JoshB914
Head Coach

Post#24 » by JoshB914 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:47 pm

Rip when Lue doesn't play at all his MPG doesn't go down. So that is not a valid argument. He has not been playing much recently at all, he is not the reason we are losing.
killbuckner
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#25 » by killbuckner » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:51 pm

Rip- and even at the start of the season where AJ was injured, the team was still doing better with Lue on the court compared to Law. Like it or not, lue has put up better individual numbers than Law this season. I am the first to say that indvidual stats don't tell the whole story with PG's. But the team has also performed better with Lue this season. You can hate +/- all you want to, but when Law is a -60 on the season (worst on the team even with missing some games) and Lue is a +14 then I think its awfully hard to say that Lue is TERRIBLE compared to law. Law has put up lousy individual stats and the team hasn't done well with him on the court. Lately he has been playing against backups and he still isn't getting results. If you want to say that you are willing to take some losses to get experience then I have no problem with that. If you want to say that Lue has no future with the team and should be sent packing then I can be on board with that. BUt just understand that the available objective information sure seems to indicate that Law simply isn't ready to play significant minutes.

Do you honestly believe that when looking at the +/- numbers that Lue is costing the team games while Law is not!? Or maybe you think that Lue is making the team lose even though they aren't actually falling behind with him on the court. That he is so terrible that the team does worse even after he leaves the game.
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#26 » by Rip2137 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:26 pm

JoshB914 wrote:Rip when Lue doesn't play at all his MPG doesn't go down. So that is not a valid argument. He has not been playing much recently at all, he is not the reason we are losing.

My argument is that I don't think its fair to say "we can't give Law big minutes because we are in a playoff race" when we are giving inferior players minutes.
JoshB914
Head Coach

Post#27 » by JoshB914 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:28 pm

IV gets more minutes than Lue.

Return to Atlanta Hawks