Atlanta Hawks Trade Proposal Thread -- Part IV

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,678

Re: Atlanta Hawks Trade Proposal Thread -- Part IV 

Post#61 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:05 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:Couldn't imagine Capela in part, having enough value to bring in pick 5. I'd still take Hendrix or Whitmore atp.

CP War Hawks wrote: OO is tricky, but if his people insist on 25+ work on a trade too.

OO + #15 seems like it might bring in the #5 pick from Portland. That package could definitely could get us in the conversation for the top-10 pick from a Dallas Team in need of defense and interior play.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,005

Post#62 » by jayu70 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:47 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:Couldn't imagine Capela in part, having enough value to bring in pick 5. I'd still take Hendrix or Whitmore atp.

CP War Hawks wrote: OO is tricky, but if his people insist on 25+ work on a trade too.

OO + #15 seems like it might bring in the #5 pick from Portland. That package could definitely could get us in the conversation for the top-10 pick from a Dallas Team in need of defense and interior play.

If we keep circling the wagon and trading players for picks, we'll never have the continuity required to really compete.
I understand we shouldn't overpay players, but the Luxury Tax avoidness by Ownership (see Huerter trade) will always limit the chances of this team to be annually in the conversation for competing for a championship.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#63 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:02 pm

jayu70 wrote:If we keep circling the wagon and trading players for picks, we'll never have the continuity required to really compete.
I understand we shouldn't overpay players, but the Luxury Tax avoidness by Ownership (see Huerter trade) will always limit the chances of this team to be annually in the conversation for competing for a championship.

1. You're not wrong.

2. We're well overdue for a consolidation trade. Had we done so years ago, we'd be in a much better position to pay the young guys coming up for extensions now.
That_Casual
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#64 » by That_Casual » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:16 pm

What’s Murray’s trade value with 1 year left on his deal?
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,441

Post#65 » by CP War Hawks » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:59 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:If we keep circling the wagon and trading players for picks, we'll never have the continuity required to really compete.

1. You're not wrong.

2. We're well overdue for a consolidation trade. Had we done so years ago, we'd be in a much better position to pay the young guys coming up for extensions now.

I agree with both points. I myself feel Trae is overpaid, however he literally played himself into that salary so there is that. Todays center shouldn't be getting paid 20+ unless they are legit top 5, perhaps top 10 at their position. OKC with a rookie 2nd round big starting while having similar success to the Hawks has me thinking.

The Hawks have to decide who to pay and build the team with. It's why I say OO is sort of tricky. He's a good young player that I really like, but what really is his worth long term. Schlenk rewarded the current frontcourt and that seems to be the wrong decision.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#66 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:49 am

That_Casual wrote:What’s Murray’s trade value with 1 year left on his deal?

Whatever the package Brooklyn received for 2 months of Krazy Kyrie Irving...feels about right for a full season of DeJounte.
leo7
Junior
And1: 191

Post#67 » by leo7 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:35 am

Fields & Synder need to trade Hunter, and or Collins for legit shooters this off-season.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,848

Post#68 » by Skybox » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:46 pm

leo7 wrote:Fields & Synder need to trade Hunter, and or Collins for legit shooters this off-season.

Why is AJ Griffin out of the rotation?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#69 » by jayu70 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:28 pm

Skybox wrote:
leo7 wrote:Fields & Synder need to trade Hunter, and or Collins for legit shooters this off-season.

Quin is playing a 9 man rotation. Bogi and Bey are seeing most of the minutes at SG/SF.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,848

Post#70 » by Skybox » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:03 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Quin is playing a 9 man rotation. Bogi and Bey are seeing most of the minutes at SG/SF.

Paolo misses him.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#71 » by jayu70 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:08 pm

Skybox wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Paolo misses him.

Hawks fans miss seeing him play too :D . If our 3pt struggles continue vs the Celtics (15 vs 39).....Quin may have to find him some minutes in place of Capela if he isn't gonna give us those monster rebounding games.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,387

Post#72 » by King Ken » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:33 pm

I know the trade for Trae wants to know what we would like for Trae.

1. An major upgrade, Embiid or Luka
Obviously will cost us a lot more than Trae.
2. A fit upgrade with similar impact value, Anthony Edwards or Mikal Bridges. Likely will cost us a couple of 1sts.
3. A pair a solid rookie contract guys with real upside plus a couple 1sts. Sengun and Jalen Green or Jabari Smith Jr. And Jalen Green.

Easy pass
1. Older vets on even bigger contracts - Lillard, Ingram, and KAT
2. **** deals plus picks. R.J., Nets role players who have no upside, Tobi Harris.
3. Heavily pick centric deals.

We would prefer a Donovan Mitchell deal. Lauri as the centerpiece, Sexton, cap flexibility and a lot of picks.

Other than that, keeping him is a superior option. He sell out tickets for us. Without him, our attendance would drop to the 60s and 70s like usual. Trae is a offensive star and offensive engine. So yes, he has a lot of value. It's gonna be a significant trade.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,387

Post#73 » by King Ken » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:35 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
That_Casual wrote:What’s Murray’s trade value with 1 year left on his deal?

Whatever the package Brooklyn received for 2 months of Krazy Kyrie Irving...feels about right for a full season of DeJounte.

Mainly nothing valuable is the correct answer. Capela and Hunter got the best trade value non Trae deals. Both can get a late lottery or mid 1st. Neither are all that valuable to us at this stage.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,621

Post#74 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:44 pm

I would trade 15 to the Hornets for Nick Richards and draft picks. or 15 to Indy for Jalen Smith and draft picks
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#75 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:23 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:I would trade 15 to the Hornets for Nick Richards and draft picks. or 15 to Indy for Jalen Smith and draft picks

:sour:

I really like Jalen Smith's potential, but that dude is not worth anywhere near a 1st round draft pick.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,621

Post#76 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:23 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:I would trade 15 to the Hornets for Nick Richards and draft picks. or 15 to Indy for Jalen Smith and draft picks

:sour:

I really like Jalen Smith's potential, but that dude is not worth anywhere near a 1st round draft pick.

This year's draft is so weak, picks 4 to 30 probably won't be anybody special. 2012 was also seen as a weak class before draft night started and the 15th pick in that draft ended up being Maurice Harkless, all scrubs with nobody decent outside of the top 10.

Its wishful thinking, if you think you are going to get a half decent player outside of the lottery in this year's draft. Might as well trade down and try to find a Crowder or Draymond in the late first or early second.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,062

Post#77 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:07 am

Hawks really dug themselves into a hole by over-investing in their "core' and developing a Trae-centric P&R O with two very limited and over-paid front-court players.

At this point I'm ready to accept selling very low to reset this mess. Collins has to go and we will get nothing in return or even have to add value just to get nothing. I told ya'll before his extention that he wasn't worth it. He is our biggest disappointment and problem.

Capela needs to go. No way you pay a center with zero offsense that kind of money.

I would take a couple expiring role playing bigs just to get out out that money

It just looks like rebuilding teams are all going to hit the wall as they have to pay their rebuild core. Seems like the only way to make it work is to only pay one or two and to ship the under-performers out and not pay them. A couple of stars and cheaper role players...
D21
Lead Assistant
And1: 665

Post#78 » by D21 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:40 am

If Capela is traded, they don't have to absolutely trade Collins.
Imagine if they get Miles Turner, each time he would spread the floor, Collins would have a whole other offensive game than what is offered to him today

The biggest problem was keeping Capela, so two Cs unable to shot from deep, and adding a guard that is not a natural shooter and paying him at a different position than what he's used to. And thinking he would be a great defender, something he can be at PG, but not at SG, so we still see opponent SG playing like All-Star, like last season
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,441

Post#79 » by CP War Hawks » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:50 am

D21 wrote:If Capela is traded, they don't have to absolutely trade Collins.
Imagine if they get Miles Turner, each time he would spread the floor, Collins would have a whole other offensive game than what is offered to him today

The biggest problem was keeping Capela, so two Cs unable to shot from deep, and adding a guard that is not a natural shooter and paying him at a different position than what he's used to. And thinking he would be a great defender, something he can be at PG, but not at SG, so we still see opponent SG playing like All-Star, like last season

Turner is a pipe dream due to financial restraints, but Lopez fits the bill. He's the perfect backup for OO if they want to start him. Better percentage from range and rebounder than Turner.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#80 » by jayu70 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:50 am

D21 wrote:If Capela is traded, they don't have to absolutely trade Collins.

I don't think anyone foresaw the steep decline with JC's 3pt shooting coming - that really threw a wrench in things.

Return to Atlanta Hawks