RealGM
And1: 6,303

Re: Atlanta Hawks Trade Proposal Thread -- Part IV 

Post#41 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:39 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
King Ken wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
And he's only 19 years old.

The question is, if you are a team like Dallas, can he help you right now?

That is a good question. I imagine he's as close as any 19 year old rookie will be from this draft class...

I wonder if Dallas would prefer an established Center like Capela or an up-and-coming star like Onyeka. :eek2:

Would you guys do an Ayton trade in the summer? I would think the deal is Capella and Collins for him. Like KK said, Okongwu is a 4 and needs to be with a big that has range and some skill scoring the ball.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,634

Post#42 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:20 pm

Slim Charless wrote:Would you guys do an Ayton trade in the summer? I would think the deal is Capella and Collins for him. Like KK said, Okongwu is a 4 and needs to be with a big that has range and some skill scoring the ball.

Nothing is off the table anymore, Slim. And Ayton is a worthy target.

Word is Quin Snyder is now calling the shots in regards to personnel; I'm not sure Ayton is the kind of player he'd look to build around.

But that's pure conjecture.
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#43 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:52 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:Would you guys do an Ayton trade in the summer? I would think the deal is Capella and Collins for him. Like KK said, Okongwu is a 4 and needs to be with a big that has range and some skill scoring the ball.

Nothing is off the table anymore, Slim. And Ayton is a worthy target.

Word is Quin Snyder is now calling the shots in regards to personnel; I'm not sure Ayton is the kind of player he'd look to build around.

But that's pure conjecture.

Yeah, that's why I purposed that trade, I wanted Quinn to be hired by my Suns. He's a smart guy and could use Ayton better than we currently are. Collins just looks over it imo. Needs a change and so does Ayton tbh.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,437

Post#44 » by CP War Hawks » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:52 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
King Ken wrote:
The question is, if you are a team like Dallas, can he help you right now?

That is a good question. I imagine he's as close as any 19 year old rookie will be from this draft class...

I wonder if Dallas would prefer an established Center like Capela or an up-and-coming star like Onyeka. :eek2:

Would you guys do an Ayton trade in the summer? I would think the deal is Capella and Collins for him. Like KK said, Okongwu is a 4 and needs to be with a big that has range and some skill scoring the ball.

It's something to consider, I think the Hawks current frontcourt compliments KD and Booker very well.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#45 » by King Ken » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:45 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

It's something to consider, I think the Hawks current frontcourt compliments KD and Booker very well.

Extremely well. I would consider. Even if I don't love Ayton. He at least got some range. This is one of them trades where we make PHX way better but we really didn't get worse tho

Money wise, who also coming from PHX. Ayton is not enough. They need at least 5.7 mil. Cam Payne works
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#46 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:15 pm

King Ken wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Extremely well. I would consider. Even if I don't love Ayton. He at least got some range. This is one of them trades where we make PHX way better but we really didn't get worse tho

Money wise, who also coming from PHX. Ayton is not enough. They need at least 5.7 mil. Cam Payne works

Shamet would be my choice. He's in for 10 this year but his deal is not guaranteed for the rest. CamP is important to us as we need a b/u for CP3.
D21
Lead Assistant
And1: 665

Post#47 » by D21 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:20 am

I don't see any benefit in trading for Ayton without making a lot of other trades, and there are certainly simpler ways to improve.
PHX wanted to trade him last summer, and again this mid-season, they matched to not lose him for nothing, but if they think they would be better with another C, why would ATL think the opposite?
If they replace Capela for example, it has to be for one C really shooting 3s, like Turner. Having Turner/Okongwu would give far more options and mismatches than Okongwu/Ayton, even if Ayton can spread the floor more than Capela
And they would be better on defense with Turner than with Ayton, for sure
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#48 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:25 pm

Any interest in the Portland pick if it falls out of the top-4?

Read on Twitter
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,617

Post#49 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:34 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Any interest in the Portland pick if it falls out of the top-4?

Read on Twitter

Collins and Hunter (#15) are expendable...
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#50 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:11 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Any interest in the Portland pick if it falls out of the top-4?

Agreed, but I'm not sure those two players have the trade value to garner a top-5 pick...even with a weak draft, Blazers likely would have better trade options elsewhere.

I'm thinking Clint Capela + #15 for #5 overall.
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,425

Post#51 » by DaddyCool19 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:03 am

King Ken wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:If Mavs tried to trade #10 pick + salary filler for Capela, we'd have to take that package, right?

Read on Twitter

Of course, I'm willing to add in pick 16 for the top ten pick if Hendrix is there.

Edit: Bertans is their only filler salary so no trade swap, maybe Hardy could be tagged with the deal. DB has two years remaining we'd probably have to eat. Hell maybe Quinn can get another career shooting year out of him and flip him at some point...

Bertans contract is toxic. Tim Hardaway Jr has one year left.

If Bertans doesn't play 61-62 games, his last year is only guaranteed for 5M. That's not that horrible.
dlb731
Sophomore
And1: 45

Post#52 » by dlb731 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:02 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:

Agreed, but I'm not sure those two players have the trade value to garner a top-5 pick...even with a weak draft, Blazers likely would have better trade options elsewhere.

I'm thinking Clint Capela + #15 for #5 overall.

The big question is... Who would they target at 5?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#53 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:11 pm

dlb731 wrote:The big question is... Who would they target at 5?

That is a very good question. Ummm....

If Hawks can get off Capela's contract and move into the top-10 of the draft, I feel like it opens up a number of options for the team.
  • Should they keep the pick and simply extend Bey and Okongwu this summer?
  • Do they package the pick with Collins, Hunter for an established Forward to help them take the next step?
  • Do they use this last opportunity to draft a cornerstone player to play next to Trae and DJM?

Of the prospects on the board around #5, I'd consider Cam Whitmore or one of the Thompson Twins.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,983

Post#54 » by jayu70 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:22 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
dlb731 wrote:The big question is... Who would they target at 5?

That is a very good question. Ummm....

If Hawks can get off Capela's contract and move into the top-10 of the draft, I feel like it opens up a number of options for the team.
  • Should they keep the pick and simply extend Bey and Okongwu this summer?
  • Do they package the pick with Collins, Hunter for an established Forward to help them take the next step?
  • Do they use this last opportunity to draft a cornerstone player to play next to Trae and DJM?

Of the prospects on the board around #5, I'd consider Cam Whitmore or one of the Thompson Twins.

All suitable questions/options.
How much do you see Bey and Okongwu getting as early extension signees?
CP War Hawks
Analyst

Post#55 » by CP War Hawks » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:32 pm

Couldn't imagine Capela in part, having enough value to bring in pick 5. I'd still take Hendrix or Whitmore atp.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#56 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:51 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:Couldn't imagine Capela in part, having enough value to bring in pick 5. I'd still take Hendrix or Whitmore atp.

I do like Taylor Hendricks...a lot.

jayu70 wrote:How much do you see Bey and Okongwu getting as early extension signees?

In this new environment?
With the rising cap?
Where even disappointing players like Hunter get a $90+ million deal?

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,983

Post#57 » by jayu70 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:54 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:Couldn't imagine Capela in part, having enough value to bring in pick 5. I'd still take Hendrix or Whitmore atp.

I do like Taylor Hendricks...a lot.

jayu70 wrote:How much do you see Bey and Okongwu getting as early extension signees?

In this new environment?
With the rising cap?
Where even disappointing players like Hunter get a $90+ million deal?

:lol:
It was reported that Bey is looking for a Hunter like contract, that was why Detroit traded him.
OO is harder to price...who are his comparables.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,161

Post#58 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:51 am

Looking at our payroll, I believe Bey, and OO are keepers. I see many high contracts that we need to move on from. This off-season should be a busy one.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#59 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:28 am

jayu70 wrote:It was reported that Bey is looking for a Hunter like contract, that was why Detroit traded him.

Okongwu's people will argue he's on par with JJJ, Bam and Evan Mobley.
He's probably closer to Robert Williams III, Aaron Gordon or OG Anunoby.

Saddiq is likely to be extended around $15 million+ per year. Close to what Bogdanovic received from us a few years ago.
CP War Hawks
Analyst

Post#60 » by CP War Hawks » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:48 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:It was reported that Bey is looking for a Hunter like contract, that was why Detroit traded him.

Okongwu's people will argue he's on par with JJJ, Bam and Evan Mobley.
He's probably closer to Robert Williams III, Aaron Gordon or OG Anunoby.

Saddiq is likely to be extended around $15 million+ per year. Close to what Bogdanovic received from us a few years ago.

Hawks have to learn from past extensions. Bey is a backup on a playoff team. If he wants more than merited, just trade him. OO is tricky, but if his people insist on 25+ work on a trade too.

It's silly if the Hawks use their full exceptions they would have to pay massive penalties. It's a total mismanagement of team salary.

Return to Atlanta Hawks