Atlanta Hawks Trade Proposal Thread -- Part IV

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,534

Re: Atlanta Hawks Trade Proposal Thread -- Part IV 

Post#581 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:50 pm

Geaux_Hawks wrote:For **** and giggles, and I understand there's some hindsight at play here, but let's say we trade JC in whatever kind of deal that landed us Lauri Markkanen, who has size, versatility, and a decent defender, and signed for 67 million that same summer, while being a better fit next to Clint. That's literally a JC replacement and a better overall fit for almost 50 million less. That's likely going to allow us to keep Huerter. Assuming Lauri progresses the way he has up to now, do we even trade for DJM? Do we extend Hunter?

Would the following at least be worth watching with Quin coaching:

PG: Trae/Delon Wright/Kobe
SG: Huerter/Bogi
SF:JJ/Bey
PF: Lauri/OO
C : Capela/OO

FTR, I was pulling for a Markkanen trade years ago. Long before his career renaissance in Utah.
Spoiler:
Jamaaliver wrote:I’d love to have at shot at rehabbing Lauri Markkanen. He’d slot perfectly next to Capela or Okongwu.

Read on Twitter
Specifically in the summer after our ECF run...his floor spacing would be great now as it would have been then.

The problem now is cost. Danny Ainge does not offer discounts. And an All Star caliber scorer in his prime will likely cost a pretty penny. Plus the price of a contract extension.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,622

Post#582 » by NYG » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:26 am

dms269 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:I would burn all of my Hawks paraphernalia if our front office sold everything for Brandon Ingram.

Read on Twitter

Pelicans Realist is on crack if he thinks Ingram is returning Murray and #10. Ingram likely doesn't even return Murray.

Does Mikal Bridges get both Murray + 10 on the table from Brooklyn?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#583 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:22 pm

NYG wrote:Does Mikal Bridges get both Murray + 10 on the table from Brooklyn?

Hawks would have to seriously consider that move.

Couldn't be completed until draft night because of the Stepien Rule.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#584 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:42 pm

HMFFL wrote:Random question: What would Kevin Durant's impact be if we had him at the 3?

Is it time to have a serious conversation about how much we're willing to give for 2+ years of an aging Kevin Durant?

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,064

Post#585 » by HMFFL » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:47 pm

dms269 wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:Problem with Hunter is that I like JJ better at SF. Hunter could be this season's salary relief move like it or not. Capela or Bog are the only other players that could be moved with salary in mind

I don't think we can realistically think we can complete re-do 3/5ths of our starting lineup this offseason though. I am not sure OO is the future at the 5 either.
OO won't lead us to a championship at his size as our starting 5.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#586 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:18 pm

This depends on how much you value Dyson Daniels and what you think that MIL pick might be worth in 3 years...

I suspect we can do better by trading with SAS or Lakers.

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,952

Post#587 » by jayu70 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:31 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:This depends on how much you value Dyson Daniels and what you think that MIL pick might be worth in 3 years...

The bigger question is, how much are we willing to extend Ingram or will we let him walk. A new extension can get to $50 mil, that's double DJ's and for guy that's perpetually injured, (55,45,64 games played over the last 3 seasoms), can the Hawks justify that? We have enough guys piling up in the Hawkspital already. Don't think we need more.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,381

Post#588 » by King Ken » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:31 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:This depends on how much you value Dyson Daniels and what you think that MIL pick might be worth in 3 years...

They want OO. Not Capela but the value is accurate. They gonna have to pay the difference between Murray contract and BI future contract
jayu70
RealGM

Post#589 » by jayu70 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:36 pm

King Ken wrote:

They want OO. Not Capela but the value is accurate. They gonna have to pay the difference between Murray contract and BI future contract

They want OO...we want Herb or Murphy.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#590 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:22 pm

jayu70 wrote:

The bigger question is, how much are we willing to extend Ingram or will we let him walk. A new extension can get to $50 mil, that's double DJ's and for guy that's perpetually injured, (55,45,64 games played over the last 3 seasons), can the Hawks justify that? We have enough guys piling up in the Hawkspital already. Don't think we need more.

Honestly, with Capela and Ingram both being expiring contracts -- I'm okay with treating them as a wash if Ingram prices himself out of our pay range. It simply becomes a salary dump of Capela.

The true value of the trade will come down to what prospects/draft picks we can pry from New Orleans. (Herb Jones or Trey Murphy are unlikely to be included.)

But can we snatch Jordan Hawkins?
Can we get the #21 pick in this summer's draft?

Those assets would mean more in a Dejounte trade than erratic, oft-injured, sleepy-eyed Brandon Ingram.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#591 » by jayu70 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:56 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

The bigger question is, how much are we willing to extend Ingram or will we let him walk. A new extension can get to $50 mil, that's double DJ's and for guy that's perpetually injured, (55,45,64 games played over the last 3 seasons), can the Hawks justify that? We have enough guys piling up in the Hawkspital already. Don't think we need more.

Honestly, with Capela and Ingram both being expiring contracts -- I'm okay with treating them as a wash if Ingram prices himself out of our pay range. It simply becomes a salary dump of Capela.

The true value of the trade will come down to what prospects/draft picks we can pry from New Orleans. (Herb Jones or Trey Murphy are unlikely to be included.)

But can we snatch Jordan Hawkins?
Can we get the #21 pick in this summer's draft?

Those assets would mean more in a Dejounte trade than erratic, oft-injured, sleepy-eyed Brandon Ingram.

:lol:
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#592 » by HMFFL » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:32 pm

I prefer the focus to be on a big man at the 5 that can become a consistent all-star. Maybe the gem is in the draft. I do like this proposal.

Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 982

Post#593 » by Geaux_Hawks » Wed May 1, 2024 3:47 pm

Swap the Bucks '27 pick for #21. Add Orlando in with CJ going to Orlando. Orlando sends us Wendell Carter Jr.

So the trade ultimately ends up as Murray for DD, WCJ, and #21. I'd feel more comfortable giving Ingram a larger extension knowing we got a young prospect, young vet center with floor spacing ability, and a draft pick we can use now.

I don't see how we do better with SAS unless we're getting at least '25 pick back and swap extinguished('27 pick is what it is) and yes Lakers can give up future picks, but I doubt Reaves is coming back.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,512

Post#594 » by dms269 » Wed May 1, 2024 9:12 pm

Don't go speaking this type of logic on the trade board.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#595 » by HMFFL » Fri May 3, 2024 1:42 am

Philadelphia should contact us regarding Trae Young.

New York should contact Philadelphia in regards to Joel Embiid.

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,217

Post#596 » by cedric76 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:44 am

Hi guys, just a question, would you consider this typeeof trade

Murray for Anthony black (high upside player that could fit nicely next to trade because of his size and defense) + 2024 orl FRP+ 2025 den FRP + 2025 orl FRP Swap

the fact that Orlando is under the cap helps you clear Money and give you a 20M trade exception

Fair deal, or do you think you can get more for Murray?

Thx
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#597 » by dms269 » Fri May 3, 2024 9:04 am

cedric76 wrote:Hi guys, just a question, would you consider this typeeof trade

Murray for Anthony black (high upside player that could fit nicely next to trade because of his size and defense) + 2024 orl FRP+ 2025 den FRP + 2025 orl FRP Swap

the fact that Orlando is under the cap helps you clear Money and give you a 20M trade exception

Fair deal, or do you think you can get more for Murray?

Thx
Probably not. Atlanta doesn't have their 25 first so the swap would basically just be us getting the better of the Denver or Magic 1st. So 18 in a weak draft, a mid-20s 1st, and a rookie who struggled offensively doesn't feel like enough to trade Murray, who signed a below market extension, to a division rival.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
D21
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#598 » by D21 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:52 pm

Please, hope they don't consider any trade for Ingram.
I place him in the list of overrated players (not by their individual stats but their bad impact/salary ratio) like Beal, Grant, Ayton (these last two were asked by a lot of ATL fans in the past years, and we saw a bit how they can "help" a team to win by playing together...)
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#599 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 3, 2024 5:13 pm

D21 wrote:Please, hope they don't consider any trade for Ingram.

:o
Spoiler:
Why the Hawks Do It

It seems inevitable that the Hawks will break up the Young-Dejounte Murray backcourt this offseason. Atlanta was outscored by over six points per 100 possessions this season when they shared the floor, and it doesn't have the assets to meaningfully fill its biggest roster voids (wings, defense) while keeping both.

Conventional wisdom suggests the Hawks should move Murray. Despite all of his flaws, Young is the more dominant player. But Atlanta could be overly worried about assembling a top-notch-ish defense around him, both sides could be ready for a change and/or the front office may recognize the 25-year-old with an All-NBA selection under his belt will garner a heftier return.

This package would even out the rotation while restocking the Hawks' draft stash during their leaner seasons. (San Antonio controls Atlanta's next three first-rounders after this year.) Ingram is an imperfect player speeding toward a new contract, but he's less ball-dominant than Young and brings enough secondary creation that he could help float the offense in tandem with Murray.

Daniels' offense is rickety, but he's already a smothering defender and high-IQ passer. His two more years of cost-controlled service would also go a long way for a franchise that figures to indefinitely stay beneath the tax. Giving up Okongwu would sting, but he isn't exactly a billboard for durability. The Hawks would still have Clint Capela, and they could approximate most of their intriguing frontcourt combos by subbing in Nance.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#600 » by dms269 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:59 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
D21 wrote:Please, hope they don't consider any trade for Ingram.

:o
Spoiler:
Why the Hawks Do It

It seems inevitable that the Hawks will break up the Young-Dejounte Murray backcourt this offseason. Atlanta was outscored by over six points per 100 possessions this season when they shared the floor, and it doesn't have the assets to meaningfully fill its biggest roster voids (wings, defense) while keeping both.

Conventional wisdom suggests the Hawks should move Murray. Despite all of his flaws, Young is the more dominant player. But Atlanta could be overly worried about assembling a top-notch-ish defense around him, both sides could be ready for a change and/or the front office may recognize the 25-year-old with an All-NBA selection under his belt will garner a heftier return.

This package would even out the rotation while restocking the Hawks' draft stash during their leaner seasons. (San Antonio controls Atlanta's next three first-rounders after this year.) Ingram is an imperfect player speeding toward a new contract, but he's less ball-dominant than Young and brings enough secondary creation that he could help float the offense in tandem with Murray.

Daniels' offense is rickety, but he's already a smothering defender and high-IQ passer. His two more years of cost-controlled service would also go a long way for a franchise that figures to indefinitely stay beneath the tax. Giving up Okongwu would sting, but he isn't exactly a billboard for durability. The Hawks would still have Clint Capela, and they could approximate most of their intriguing frontcourt combos by subbing in Nance.
I still don't see how Ingram has this much value. He is an expiring contract, iso-heavy? Non-defensive, and is expected to get 50+million a year on a new deal. Ingram+ for Murray could work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Atlanta Hawks