Read on Twitter
?s=20
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,629

Re: Hawks Front Office seems committed to getting Siakam 

Post#82 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:38 am

^^^Based on the cost of getting the dude, let's hope this is accurate.

I'm also onboard with riding things out on the AJ, JJ, OO, Kobe experience for a couple of seasons until we know what each of their ceilings are.

If we package any of them in trade, it should be for an in-prime player under contract for years...no more guys 12-24 months away from Free Agency.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,050

Post#83 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:28 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:^^^Based on the cost of getting the dude, let's hope this is accurate.

I'm also onboard with riding things out on the AJ, JJ, OO, Kobe experience for a couple of seasons until we know what each of their ceilings are.

If we package any of them in trade, it should be for an in-prime player under contract for years...no more guys 12-24 months away from Free Agency.

I thought that you wanted him...? I know that you are a big consolidation trade guy... I've always been 100% against a trade for Siakam. Way over-priced and too old.

It's such a strange time in the NBA. Dame, Harden and Siakam are all supposedly available and nothing happens... Very strange

I really think that Snyder has a lot to work with and want to see what he can do.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#84 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:51 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:I thought that you wanted him...? I know that you are a big consolidation trade guy... I've always been 100% against a trade for Siakam. Way over-priced and too old.

It's such a strange time in the NBA. Dame, Harden and Siakam are all supposedly available and nothing happens... Very strange

I really think that Snyder has a lot to work with and want to see what he can do.

I do think he's a good fit on our roster, but I was more looking to trade DeJounte or Collins for PS. Probably even Capela and Hunter.

But gutting the roster of top, young players when we already owe picks to San Antonio is not great...unforgivable for a one-year rental who doesn't want to stay here.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,050

Post#85 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:27 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:I thought that you wanted him...? I know that you are a big consolidation trade guy... I've always been 100% against a trade for Siakam. Way over-priced and too old.

I do think he's a good fit on our roster, but I was more looking to trade DeJounte or Collins for PS. Probably even Capela and Hunter.

But gutting the roster of top, young players when we already owe picks to San Antonio is not great...unforgivable for a one-year rental who doesn't want to stay here.

Why did TOR do so poorly? Siakam who is said to be a top 20 player. OG who is supposedly the best defensive player ever. Barnes who is untradable. FVV who was just given a super-star contract.... Something ain't right up there in TOR

I don't want what they selling. We have our own problems. Let's hope that QS can turn it around without FO making stupid desperation trades
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,983

Post#86 » by jayu70 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:25 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Why did TOR do so poorly? Siakam who is said to be a top 20 player. OG who is supposedly the best defensive player ever. Barnes who is untradable. FVV who was just given a super-star contract.... Something ain't right up there in TOR

I don't want what they selling. We have our own problems. Let's hope that QS can turn it around without FO making stupid desperation trades

Siakam, Barnes, OG are too similar. They all operate in the same spaces. That team also had no shooting. There apparently was some locker room issues between Old (Siakam/FVV) vs Young (OG/Barnes) players.
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,493

Post#87 » by Spida888 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:00 pm

jayu70 wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Siakam, Barnes, OG are too similar. They all operate in the same spaces. That team also had no shooting. There apparently was some locker room issues between Old (Siakam/FVV) vs Young (OG/Barnes) players.

Yes, the Raps have too many forwards that can't shoot. OG can still play alongside Siakam or Barnes because he's actually a good 3PT shooter, at least on catch and shoots. I don't think Siakam and Barnes can co-exist unless at least one becomes an average 3PT shooter which I have my doubts for now.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#88 » by jayu70 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:17 pm

Hawks weren't interested in including Kobe Bufkin in Pascal Siakam trade talks

While talks for Siakam centered around De’Andre Hunter, AJ Griffin, and draft pick compensation never materialized, there was a young player the Hawks didn’t want to include that’s worth noting should the teams revisit trade discussions. The Hawks were unwilling to part with rookie guard Kobe Bufkin in trade talks for Siakam, league sources told HoopsHype. – via Michael Scotto @ HoopsHype
jayu70
RealGM

Post#89 » by jayu70 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Based on Snyder's recent radio interview, early this week - it sure seems like the Hawks have moved on and going into the season as is.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#90 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:40 pm

This is probably for the best.

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#91 » by jayu70 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 5:01 pm

:o
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#92 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Oct 3, 2023 12:40 pm

Words jumbled together to not mean anything...

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#93 » by jayu70 » Tue Oct 3, 2023 2:48 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Words jumbled together to not mean anything...

Read on Twitter

At least they keep some level of communication with the players (agents) that are in the trade rumors open to some degree so there are no blindsides.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#94 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Oct 3, 2023 7:07 pm

jayu70 wrote::o
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#95 » by jayu70 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:49 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
jayu70
RealGM

Post#96 » by jayu70 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:02 pm

Pascal Siakam trade not imminent?

Jay Mandavia: Hi Marc – what’s the latest on Siakam? Will he be traded? Marc Stein: Don’t think there’s gonna be a “latest” there until the seaason gets going and the Raptors assess how they want to move forward. – via Marc Stein's Substack
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,617

Post#97 » by atlantabbq99 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 12:57 am

Looks like Hawks dodged this bullet...
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#98 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:03 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:I'm back tracking a bit on Siakam. I now support a OO, PS, and JJ frontcourt.

Is this more because of our struggles against elite teams this season?

Or the (occasional) stellar play of Pascal?

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#99 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:24 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks