ImageImage

Hawks sign Dylan Windler to Two-way contract.

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,004

Hawks sign Dylan Windler to Two-way contract. 

Post#1 » by jayu70 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:20 am

Read on Twitter

...another guard, yeah. :nonono:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,678

Re: Hawks sign Dylan Windler to Two-way contract. 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:36 pm

I did some pre-draft work on him coming out of college.
Spoiler:
2019 NBA Draft: top 9 mid-major prospects

8) Dylan Windler, SG, Belmont

Windler is probably the player on this list who has gotten the least amount of publicity, but he has emerged as a potential second-round pick over the past year.

He fits as a potential role player in the Luke Babbitt mold. A quality shooter and overall scorer (19.3 ppg this year) Windler has fantastic NBA size for a shooting guard (6-8) and has used that to dominate the glass at the college level (10.3 rpg).

Offensively, Windler shoots well enough and is a good enough playmaker to fit into today’s NBA. Defensively, teams are hoping his size and length will work to his advantage, but this is the area teams have concerns about.
Like Daum, Windler lacks elite athleticism and, considering the fact he’ll be going up against the likes of James Harden, Klay Thompson, and the other quality two-guards in the NBA, that could be a big problem.
Busting Brackets
IIRC, he got drafted in the 1st round by the Cavs.

After that...he kinda faded into the background. I do believe he holds long term value as a role playing shooter off the bench.

I suspect Korver believes he can resurrect a the kid in his own image.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:46 pm

King Ken's take on him during that draft process:

King Ken wrote:For the 2nd round: I like these guys for us:

41. Dylan Windler - Big Dylan Windler fan. Love his potential to be a decent role player. Maybe even starter potential but he does have a low floor. His defense is bad and his athleticism isn't much. But his ability to shoot and rebound will translate. Clearly a G-Leaguer till he improves his D. More of an undersized 4 at this point and that's not going to work in the NBA. He is a great investment for teams who really value having shooters and they have a defensive minded team. A low end PDS guy. (Pass, dribble, shoot).
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#4 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:57 pm

2019 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Dylan Windler

Name:
Dylan Windler
School: Belmont
Position: Small Forward
Projected Draft Position: Early/Mid Second Round

Windler is one of the best shooters in the 2019 NBA Draft. He shot 42.9% from three-point range in his senior season at Belmont, while handling a high volume at 7.1 attempts per game. He has great range on his jumper and regularly hit shots from well beyond the three-point line during this past season.

Standing at 6’8″ with a 6’11” wingspan, Windler has the size of a combo forward, despite spending significant minutes at guard at Belmont. His size gives him versatility on offense. Windler could logically play the shooting guard, small forward, and power forward positions at the next level.

Windler was able to defend multiple positions in the Ohio Valley Conference, but he could definitely struggle against better competition. He was able to coast on his athleticism at times in the OVC, but Windler projects to be a below average athlete at the next level. He lacks defensive instincts and will have to become a much smarter defender to become effective on that end of the floor.
FANSIDED circa 2019
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:30 pm

How is this even possible? :o

Was he the only player on the court?!!?

Code: Select all

Windler has appeared in 42 NBA G League contests in his career (24 starts), tallying 13.4 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 28.4 minutes (.467 FG%, .375 3FG%, .683 FT%).

On Jan. 5, 2024, against the Delaware Blue Coats, the 27-year-old grabbed an NBA G League-record 33 rebounds, in addition to pouring in 23 points in 40 minutes of action. He became just the second player in NBA G League history to record 20-or-more points and 30-or-more rebounds in a single game, joining Angel Delgado (22 points, 31 rebounds on Jan. 4, 2019).
Hawks.com
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:17 pm

I hope we find minutes to give him.
I hope he proves himself...We need as much talent as we can get.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,387

Post#7 » by King Ken » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:04 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:King Ken's take on him during that draft process:

King Ken wrote:For the 2nd round: I like these guys for us:

41. Dylan Windler - Big Dylan Windler fan. Love his potential to be a decent role player. Maybe even starter potential but he does have a low floor. His defense is bad and his athleticism isn't much. But his ability to shoot and rebound will translate. Clearly a G-Leaguer till he improves his D. More of an undersized 4 at this point and that's not going to work in the NBA. He is a great investment for teams who really value having shooters and they have a defensive minded team. A low end PDS guy. (Pass, dribble, shoot).

I remember liking this guy and logged in just to see what I said about him. My man, you are the best
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#8 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:57 pm

Heat's development plan for Duncan Robinson should be the blueprint for Dylan Windler's development moving forward.

Their profiles and skill sets are extremely similar.

Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Hawks