ImageImage

Demarr J. could be a solid bench mate with Chillz

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

ACE_reppin_ATL
Senior
And1: 0

Demarr J. could be a solid bench mate with Chillz 

Post#1 » by ACE_reppin_ATL » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:22 am

I was thinking that Demarr Johnson could be picked up to help Chillz and Acie improve our 2nd unit's scoring woes. Demarr would help by spreading the floor a little bit with his ability to knock down outside jumpers and 3s. He's tall and athletic enough to play D on SGs and SFs and he runs the floor well.

With the exception of Chillz, our 2nd unit has really been garbage and they are crushing our flow and momentum lately causing us to play from behind in all the games lately. Zaza has been the main problem lately and Law and Shelden have NOT done much better. Childress has been the lone bright spot in that unit. It would also be nice if Woody played Mario more minutes. Especially with JJ playing so lackluster. JJ should drop down to about 34-36 mpg until he can find his heart and his jumper again.

It wouldn't be a huge move, but it could help a lot by adding some solid outside shooting, perimeter defense, and more athleticism to our 2nd unit. Not sure if we need to make a move to pick him up or if we could get a injury exception for Speedy or not. But I think it could really help.
evildallas
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#2 » by evildallas » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:50 am

I was scanning d-league stats today looking for 3 pt shooters and saw that Demarr was shooting an impressive clip. I think for us to add anyone we'd have to waive a player. If that player is Solomon Jones, then I think it could be a worthwhile move as he isn't close to getting on the court. If it means Mario, then I say no way because Mario has given good minutes whenever given a chance.

If we could trade 2 or the 4 among Zaza, Shelden, Solomon and Lo Wright for a single big that actually perform consistently well of the bench then I'd love to add a shooter to the mix that is taller than 6'0" and Demarr would be worth a 10 day trial at least.
Going to donkey punch a leprechaun!
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#3 » by Rip2137 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:39 pm

I would take Jeremy Richardson before I took Demarr.

Return to Atlanta Hawks