ImageImageImage

Can the Celtics win a championship this year?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Re: Can the Celtics win a championship this year? 

Post#21 » by OldCeltics » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:43 am

KillahGhostface wrote:Hell yeah, this dude has never been right about anything.

See all the little kids coming out.

Often times people don't agree with my opinion, but most times i turn out to be correct. If you are not interested in discussing the topic, then don't come in and flame. You in your mom basement nothing better to do. You ain't no killah, you a little kid whose balls haven't dropped, or just can't get some.
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#22 » by OldCeltics » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:45 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:Image

He's predicted no championship every time since he joined RealGM so he's actually 11 for 11.

Incorrect, there were a couple years, everyone on RealGM Boston gave up, and i cheered Celtics on and said they could win. The thing is we all die hard fans. But Celtics keep letting us down on winning the championship. An i think the core issue hasn't been resolved. The talent level is all time high, but the leadership issue remains.
Celticsfan100
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#23 » by Celticsfan100 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:04 am

The team is on pace for 65 wins and is up 3-4 games in the loss column to all the second place teams. Yes they are very capable and the favorites to win it all. We’ve scored 140 to 150 points like 5 times. The bucks game was a back to back after an OT win to the timberwolves. Who by the way are really good. Bad scheduling by silver. We lost like 4 OT games. Lol what? Yes they are plenty good enough to win it all
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 16,237

Post#24 » by Bar Fight » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:15 pm

I'm gonna need to see us outexecute the Denvers of the world down the stretch of close games before I have complete confidence. JT is also gonna have to take a leap in the Playoffs. Jokic, Steph, Giannis, Lebron and Kawhi were the 1a's of the last five title teams. JT is still a notch below that.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,691

Post#25 » by shackles10 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:32 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:Hell yeah, this dude has never been right about anything.

See all the little kids coming out.

Often times people don't agree with my opinion, but most times i turn out to be correct. If you are not interested in discussing the topic, then don't come in and flame. You in your mom basement nothing better to do. You ain't no killah, you a little kid whose balls haven't dropped, or just can't get some.

You know you can't say that stuff. Take a break, come back and leave the personal insults out of it, and may I suggest not making a thread where almost everyone is going to disagree with you if you can't respond to that better?
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,858

Post#26 » by KillahGhostface » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:39 pm

Whoa, I do not live in my mom’s basement!! Yeah maybe just because it’s haunted, but still
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,880

Post#27 » by BK_2020 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:44 pm

Related but I also notice that it's not just this board but the broader sports media that constantly exaggerate the Celtics' flaws. I was listening to the Thinking Basketball pod and there was this guest on who kept going on about how our half court offense is just trash and we can never win because of our #2 ranked offense.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#28 » by shackles10 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:45 pm

We really need to update the "mom's basement" insult. If I didn't have kids I would totally live in my parents basement rent free and not care one bit about what some internet strangers think lol. It's a nice basement, with 2 bedrooms, a walkout, a full kitchen and bar, and a separate 2 car garage with a lift. Also for a lot of the country (not to mention there's a world outside of the US) basements aren't feasible so maybe "mom's loft" is more appropriate and we should get to know our board mate and their geography before insulting them?
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,858

Post#29 » by KillahGhostface » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:50 pm

shackles10 wrote:We really need to update the "mom's basement" insult. If I didn't have kids I would totally live in my parents basement rent free and not care one bit about what some internet strangers think lol. It's a nice basement, with 2 bedrooms, a walkout, a full kitchen and bar, and a separate 2 car garage with a lift. Also for a lot of the country (not to mention there's a world outside of the US) basements aren't feasible so maybe "mom's loft" is more appropriate and we should get to know our board mate and their geography before insulting them?

My mom’s basement consists of a finished room that was where me and my friends smoked weed and played video games. The actual basement next to it scarred me for life, nightmare factory.

Living at my moms right now would be the dream, no responsibilities was the best.
islandkid12
Senior
And1: 682

Post#30 » by islandkid12 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:55 pm

It all rests on KP's shoulders. I feel we're gonna have another smart/Rob playoff situation where we're all watching the injury report day of playoff games to see if he's playing or not.
Riverwalk2021
Sixth Man
And1: 1,918

Post#31 » by Riverwalk2021 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:11 pm

I'd say it's less than 50% although they should get out of the East. The team is the most talented in the league like last year but Tatum is going to have to take a leap in the POs, especially in crunch time because he's going to have the ball in his hands most of the time. He needs to be more consistent and make better decisions. I also hate to use the term 'soft' but Porzingis worries me because they treat him like he's a 20-year veteran. Sometimes you need to play through things to build grit and toughness which comes through in the POs. Mazzulla's inability to adjust in-game is worrisome as well. There will be blowouts but most games after the first round will be tight like the Denver game and this is concerning.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,449

Post#32 » by 31to6 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:15 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:
shackles10 wrote:We really need to update the "mom's basement" insult. If I didn't have kids I would totally live in my parents basement rent free and not care one bit about what some internet strangers think lol. It's a nice basement, with 2 bedrooms, a walkout, a full kitchen and bar, and a separate 2 car garage with a lift. Also for a lot of the country (not to mention there's a world outside of the US) basements aren't feasible so maybe "mom's loft" is more appropriate and we should get to know our board mate and their geography before insulting them?

My mom’s basement consists of a finished room that was where me and my friends smoked weed and played video games. The actual basement next to it scarred me for life, nightmare factory.

Living at my moms right now would be the dream, no responsibilities was the best.

this is a much better topic than what the OP proposed with this thread

I propose that instead of "u use the internet in ur mom's basement where u live" that we try something along the lines of "your internet usage at work has dramatically limited your career options". Much more modern/real world?

annnnnd .. back to work:)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#33 » by shackles10 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:14 pm

31to6 wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:

this is a much better topic than what the OP proposed with this thread

I propose that instead of "u use the internet in ur mom's basement where u live" that we try something along the lines of "your internet usage at work has dramatically limited your career options". Much more modern/real world?

annnnnd .. back to work:)

Agreed. It's kind of a turn sandwich you're proposing as well as you're complimenting them on having a job, but insulting them by saying you could have a better one if you weren't on the internet at work so much.

Back to the basement though I would have so much more money if I lived in my mom's basement. Aside from the obvious mortgage and home ownership savings, I wouldn't have a wife/girlfriend or kids either lol. I could hire someone to come up with professional insults as they take jabs for loving my momma and saving money like an amateur.

annnnd back to work as well.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,384

Post#34 » by Hal14 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:19 pm

It'll be another 5 weeks until the next time the Celtics lose by double digits and I bet we'll get another thread like this after that loss.

But we'll win like 20 games in between, and no positive threads will be made after those games..

Can the Celtics win a championship this year? What a weird question to ask about the team with the best record in the league and has the highest betting odds to the win the title..

I wonder if the Pistons forum has a thread called "Can the Pistons get the number 1 pick this year?" :D
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 93,845

Post#35 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:25 pm

When nothing is certain...

Return to Boston Celtics