ImageImageImage

looking ahead

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Go Green
Freshman
And1: 0

looking ahead 

Post#1 » by Go Green » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:38 pm

the Herald today had a nice article on what the former Celtic Kids are doing these days in seattle and minn, mainly focusing on the lack of allstar votes for Big Al, but it also pointed out the restricted free agency that D.west, gomes,and green will be entering into following this season.
I for one would love to see west back in boston using one of the exceptions. esp with the uncertainty of tony allen's future on this club, and house's contract only being a 1 year deal. Kelanna Azubuike is another name who's been productive when on the court, but finding it tough to get minutes behind baron davis and monta ellis his overall stats arent crazy enough to be overpaid. but he is a decent shooter and good rebounder from the shooting guard position.
backup center will again be tough to fill next season, but i think depth for the back court will be more important to fill with ray allen another year older.
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,207

Post#2 » by MaxwellSmart » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:10 pm

Don't worry...Danny Ainge is our GM.
cisco
Veteran
And1: 48

Post#3 » by cisco » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:11 pm

Don't want to see West back in a Cs uniform. He's not that good a ballhandler either. Hopefully, Pruitt can get some playing time next year. He is much more skilled than Delonte.
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,543

Post#4 » by threrf23 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:13 am

Delonte is skilled and a decent locker room presence. If we traded Tony Allen and Perk for maybe a center in the offseason (purely hypothetical scenario, I'm not advocating they should be traded), I'd be cool with seeing Delonte replace TA.

Looking ahead though, Ron Artest and Jeff Foster are my two preferred MLE targets.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:33 am

threrf23 wrote:Delonte is skilled and a decent locker room presence. If we traded Tony Allen and Perk for maybe a center in the offseason (purely hypothetical scenario, I'm not advocating they should be traded), I'd be cool with seeing Delonte replace TA.

Looking ahead though, Ron Artest and Jeff Foster are my two preferred MLE targets.

Where would we play Artest? He's not going to want to come off the bench, and you better not say smallball.
threrf23
RealGM

Post#6 » by threrf23 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:39 am

Al n' Perk No Layups! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Where would we play Artest? He's not going to want to come off the bench, and you better not say smallball.

I think he'd be willing to come off the bench. If not, PP or RA would. He'd be used like Posey's used but get more minutes. More a situation where if a player of his caliber could be had for the MLE (and its very possible he wouldn't be had), I don't think we could afford to pass him up.
cisco
Veteran
And1: 48

Post#7 » by cisco » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:14 pm

threrf23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think he'd be willing to come off the bench. If not, PP or RA would. He'd be used like Posey's used but get more minutes. More a situation where if a player of his caliber could be had for the MLE (and its very possible he wouldn't be had), I don't think we could afford to pass him up.

PP is not coming off the bench. :roll: I don't think the Cs would touch Artest with a 10 foot pole anyway. We don't need him anyway. Pierce has been defending just fine, thank you. We need a point guard and another big, not another 3.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#8 » by Tricky Ricky » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:50 pm

threrf23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I dont think PP or RA would come off the bench, I dont think we have a shot at him anyway
jjwalker
Junior

Post#9 » by jjwalker » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:06 pm

Eddie House and Delonte West are the same player. I rather have house, he's a better shooter.
threrf23
RealGM

Post#10 » by threrf23 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:42 pm

Tricky Ricky wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I dont think PP or RA would come off the bench, I dont think we have a shot at him anyway

I think RA would. Some of the best 2 guards in the game, including three who play for the three best teams in the league (outside of us), all come off the bench.

And I think PP would if he thought it helped the team win. And really, I think Artest would in any situation where he was willing to accept the MLE for a chance to play for a title.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,280

Post#11 » by BadWolf » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:08 am

how are house and west the same player? West is much more then a shooter, he plays solid, though unspectacular D, shoots nicely, can handle the ball much better then House, he's also a solid rebounder. House is a much more one dimensional player, though great at that dimension for sure.
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,323

Post#12 » by Parasite » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:23 am

Regarding House vs. West, I'd rather have the player who possess one EXCEPTIONAL talent than the player who may be better rounded in this particular case. House is extremely valuable for his shooting.
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#13 » by TommyPoints » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:28 am

Parasite wrote:Regarding House vs. West, I'd rather have the player who possess one EXCEPTIONAL talent than the player who may be better rounded in this particular case. House is extremely valuable for his shooting.

Agreed
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,287

Post#14 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:18 am

House, Tony Allen, Pollard, and Posey [opt out] may not be on this team next year.

We have to worry about re=signing let alone improving our bench.

If TA goes we need another slasher off the bench.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,280

Post#15 » by BadWolf » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:31 am

Can we sign TA without using the MLE?
threrf23
RealGM

Post#16 » by threrf23 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:56 pm

BadWolf wrote:Can we sign TA without using the MLE?

yes
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#17 » by Dirty Water » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:25 pm

cisco wrote:Don't want to see West back in a Cs uniform. He's not that good a ballhandler either. Hopefully, Pruitt can get some playing time next year. He is much more skilled than Delonte.

I'm not a huge Delonte fan, but that statement is not only speculation, but entirely untrue. Right now Delonte is a better NBA player than Pruitt because Pruitt has barely even sniffed the floor on an NBA championship caliber team where he's playing with guys that are of course going to make him look better.

Do you think KG/Allen/Pierce will make Delonte look better, or worsE?
DorfonCeltics
Analyst
And1: 215

Post#18 » by DorfonCeltics » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:36 pm

jjwalker wrote:Eddie House and Delonte West are the same player. I rather have house, he's a better shooter.

Wrong, Delonte plays much better defense and distributes the ball better. While Delonte is a combo guard, Eddie is a shooting guard in a point guards body. I love Eddie but I'd rather have Delonte any day of the week.

Return to Boston Celtics