ImageImageImage

$6,078,455 Unmentioned Reasons for Wolves Trading KG to Celt

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#21 » by Datruth345 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:25 am

[quote="SoCAL24]the KG trade to me looked like Kevin McHale and Danny Ainge did a secret handshake and celebrated afterwords. McHale will always be a C's fan and you know when he made that trade he put you guys back in the picture: especially knowing you already had Ray. [/quote]

i dont agree wiht this at all

no one else had a big man prospect like al jefferson AND had an expiring contract the size of theo ratliffs in the league

boston had both

add in other players with promise like green...which as it turns out, he doesn't have as much as mchale thought

and first round picks

and you have a package that no other team could touch

sure his relationship with Mchale helped, alot, but to say that had a secret agreement and a conspiracy is foolish
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#22 » by bruno sundov » Wed Jan 9, 2008 1:55 am

I love heinsohn wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well, the only problem with that is that Posey and House never would have come here if KG was not on the team. Posey was huge the first month of the season and House has been very solid. Perk plays much better next to KG than he does next to Al and PP has been incredible on the defensive end, partially b/c of KG's intensity. So I think it is doubtful this is a 50 win team w/o KG. More like 40 wins and change.

You don't know if Posey and house would or would not b here. this is what i know the owners agreed to break the luxury threshold for a bench player in posey. give him 3 mill was really costing the celt's 6mill. they did it to win. maybe they don't do tha with big Al here. yes KG has made these team much better than Al ever could because of how he plays D also. but we still would have been good this year if we landed the bench and had gotten ray
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#23 » by bruno sundov » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:01 am

SoCAL24 wrote:Laker Fan here...not trolling or trying to be rude just wanted to offer my take:

t[color=yellow]he KG trade to me looked like Kevin McHale and Danny Ainge did a secret handshake and celebrated afterwords. McHale will always be a C's fan and you know when he made that trade he put you guys back in the picture: especially knowing you already had Ray. [/color]

less than this got me suspended on your board. So let's lay out for you one more time. No one had a better deal than the celts. KG wasn't coming here with ou ray being here. end of story. he wasn't going to PHO or LALA land because they didn't have what minnie wanted young talent and cap space. explain to me how the lakers do those two things!! they can't. Kwames 7 mill isn't enough either.

[color=blue][color=yellow]The ray of sunshine in all of this is that if the Lakers can get ourselves to the Finals and play you guys again it will be my dream. Best of Luck until we meet again; maybe we'll leave out the short shorts though. :banghead:

[/color][/color]

color=green]unless PHO, SA, HOU,UTAH,POR and DAl, planes all crash you aren't even coming close to the finals. You would still have to beat GSW, i don't see that happening.[/color]
rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
And1: 14

Post#24 » by rambo_ortega » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:01 am

al would've been also good with pp and ray. but the celtics wouldn't be as good as this if it wasn't for kg? this team of offensive players transformed into one of the most feisty defenses in the NBA. That's the intangible that KG brings. Al would be more dominating in the block and would be in the next 10 years which is the reason why mchale wanted him so much but "KG is just KG". The wolves got cap relief and a lot of players with potential but losing KG made them the worst team in the NBA. It is because of the other things that he brings to a team that no one can bring. Good trade for both teams and they got what they need in terms of the direction their going but the bottomline is "KG is the difference no matter how much you gauge his value".
wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#25 » by wigglestrue » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:16 am

1. he also wanted his pick back.
2. he also thought gerald green was way better than he is.
3. he also thought telfair could play well enough to warrant a trade deadline trade.
4. he also thought he could resign gomes to a very modest salary.

1 was obviously true
2 and 3 were wrong
4, we will see

2 and 3 aren't necessarily wrong, yet. Remains to be seen.

unless PHO, SA, HOU,UTAH,POR and DAl, planes all crash you aren't even coming close to the finals. You would still have to beat GSW, i don't see that happening.

I think the Lakers could get past HOU, POR, UTA in the playoffs.
And they'd have a puncher's chance at PHO and DAL.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#26 » by revprodeji » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:32 pm

Wolves mod here...couple things.

1.) We wanted Al, as it has been said here. Simple as that. He was the guy we wanted. Bynum might be a decent center, but we wanted Al.
2.) Bassy is playing very well for the wolves and I hope we sign him for cheap and keep him in our rotation as the back up pg.
3.) Gomes started the season as a decent rotation guy. Nothing to get excited about. The last month or so he has been crazy. He has been assertive on offense and is coming off back-to-back 20pt games. My offseason priority is to resign him I think he could be a long term good player and I fully understand why celtic fans love him.
4.) Getting back our own pick was something no other team could offer.
5.) Minnesota fans still love KG and we wanted him in a good situation. Mchale knows this, the PR people know this. if they put KG in a bad situation they piss off the fans. It is not a basketball move, but it is the honorable thing to do. Also Kg would have turned down a bad deal.

Boston had the stars aligned. No other team did. Simple as that.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...

Return to Boston Celtics