ImageImageImage

Finals Game 1 : Celtics vs Lakers - Thursday, June 5th (0-0)

Moderators: bisme37, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10

Albanian Damien
Starter
And1: 639

Post#101 » by Albanian Damien » Mon Jun 2, 2008 12:20 am

Just for the record I never said I considered Phil to be a cheater. However that is why a lot of people try and discredit his success.
My Starting 5:

PG: Allen Iverson
SG: Paul Pierce
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Patrick Ewing
RondotoPierce
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#102 » by RondotoPierce » Mon Jun 2, 2008 2:52 am

anklebreaker702 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Come on man, check your fact. Red had all the talent when he won his titles. The Lakers were the only competition he had. Phil deserves credit for 2 reasons. 1. When he took over the Bulls & Lakers reguardless of the talent that was there, they never won a title until he arrived. He was willing to comback to the Lakers after being kicked to the curb then returned -Shaq. The only big trade in these past 3 1/2 years was Gasol other than that the draft pics worked out & Phil get credit for helping these guys reach their potential. You have to take off your Green & White shades on this 1 & re-think what you are saying. In Red's era it might have been different if we had Wilt in his prime to go with the other players but we didn't. The Celtics had a stacked team (Look how many are in the HOF & jersey's are retired)

I think people forget that Red built and drafted his own teams and then coached them to championships :) Phil doesnt do that.
Truthiracy
Sixth Man
And1: 71

Post#103 » by Truthiracy » Mon Jun 2, 2008 3:48 am

Debate the Conspiracy master on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/truthiracy3
tanat-0s
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#104 » by tanat-0s » Mon Jun 2, 2008 3:52 am

BEAT LA!
From Ray-Ray to KG to 2P
We're in The Finals, bay-bee!
SmoothLikeButta
Sophomore

Post#105 » by SmoothLikeButta » Mon Jun 2, 2008 4:47 am

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lem8676Zxl8

ray allen looks good in that hat, pierce always looks good
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#106 » by Anklebreaker702 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 5:39 am

RondotoPierce wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think people forget that Red built and drafted his own teams and then coached them to championships :) Phil doesnt do that.
This team was drafted & built. Go back on your Celtic history & find out Red had to beg a franchise for Bill Russell because the Celtics were about to go bankrupt. They said ok because they felt sorry for them. So if you call that a draft pick so be it
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#107 » by Anklebreaker702 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 5:46 am

Albanian Damien wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Phil might be considered a cheater for accolades. Every team he's led far has had a lot of talent. He's never taken a bad team anywhere.
Who has taken a bad team anywhere? Name someone please. You guys act like Red had monkeys with a basketball out there. Most of his players are in the HOF and/or jersey's retired. The only shoe in HOF players Phil coached was Michael, Scottie, Shaq & Kobe. Come on now.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#108 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Jun 2, 2008 7:07 am

LucerneStDoggz wrote:Kill LA

Feel free to come here and discuss basketball, this is trolling and a warning. canman
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#109 » by mr_sunshine » Mon Jun 2, 2008 10:26 am

Chubby Chaser wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wow. It used to be "MVP" chants for Kobe in Boston. Now it's "kill LA?" What a difference a year makes for celtics fans huh? :crazy:

And I saw exactly ZERO Lakers jerseys around here in Socal last year when they got smoked by the Suns. Now there's Lakers banners, flags, and jerseys everywhere. Give it up.... Socal is on fire over the Lakers right now, and last year there were hella Warriors jerseys everywhere and no "Lakers" fans to be found. This happens with every fanbase, so just STFU. Success creates a strong following.
SmoothLikeButta
Sophomore

Post#110 » by SmoothLikeButta » Mon Jun 2, 2008 2:13 pm

very true^

I am solely a Warriors and Celtics fan (warriors cause I live here)
It's not like I am gonna be representing my baron davis jersey right now lol
BeanTownBrawler
Veteran
And1: 121

Post#111 » by BeanTownBrawler » Mon Jun 2, 2008 2:27 pm

"I have conflicted feelings right now. I mean its great and all, and no way I'd change it, but does anyone else kinda feel that we got luckier than we deserved to get? It almost feels like we're the benefactor of some NBA conspiracy."
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#112 » by kmgarnett21 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 3:21 pm

WHYYY????? a whole week??!?!?!

i cant take it anymore. its ONLY monday. 4 more days to go. anyone else feel like its been forever since we last played?
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#113 » by Shootdabull » Mon Jun 2, 2008 3:46 pm

Lets go celtics - bring the championship back east. I'm breaking out the green for the this one - good luck and just win!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#114 » by Athanacropolis » Mon Jun 2, 2008 3:52 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:WHYYY????? a whole week??!?!?!

i cant take it anymore. its ONLY monday. 4 more days to go. anyone else feel like its been forever since we last played?

:nod: :nod: :nod:
RondotoPierce
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#115 » by RondotoPierce » Mon Jun 2, 2008 4:31 pm

This team was drafted & built. Go back on your Celtic history & find out Red had to beg a franchise for Bill Russell because the Celtics were about to go bankrupt. They said ok because they felt sorry for them. So if you call that a draft pick so be it

Haha Bill Russel was just one player, Red was responsible for all 16 Celtics championships, I dont know what you mean really, dumb post.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,285

Post#116 » by celticfan42487 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 4:49 pm

Yeah teams are built diffrently these days. Red was the GM and coach and stuck with one team to continue it's success dispite the lower picks and stuff.

But if anyone could be crossing the lines of cheating Red could be one. They made rules after things Red did to make it illegal for anyone else to do!!
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#117 » by Celtsfan1980 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 5:13 pm

The Lakers were also having big financial problems for a long part of their history. Russell was considered a risk. They got rid of a 5-time all star and a good prospect for Russell. Macauley would go on to help the Hawks win a Championship in two years. They took a risk and it paid off. I don't see anything wrong with it, and nothing I've read indicates there was any begging.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach

Post#118 » by Celtsfan1980 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 5:22 pm

Come on man, check your fact. Red had all the talent when he won his titles. The Lakers were the only competition he had. Phil deserves credit for 2 reasons. 1. When he took over the Bulls & Lakers reguardless of the talent that was there, they never won a title until he arrived. He was willing to comback to the Lakers after being kicked to the curb then returned -Shaq. The only big trade in these past 3 1/2 years was Gasol other than that the draft pics worked out & Phil get credit for helping these guys reach their potential. You have to take off your Green & White shades on this 1 & re-think what you are saying. In Red's era it might have been different if we had Wilt in his prime to go with the other players but we didn't. The Celtics had a stacked team (Look how many are in the HOF & jersey's are retired)

Red brought the talent to Boston. The Bulls could not get past the Pistons, and this includes Jackson's first year as coach. The Pistons were getting old, and the Celtics and Lakers were getting very old by this point. The circumstances for Jackson were very favorable. From books I've read, the Lakers could not get along at all until Jackson came on them. Do you think that had something to do with it? Auerbach was a GM and coach, while Jackson is just a coach. Auerbach 16 rings and Jackson 9. The two are just not comparable.
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#119 » by b-ball forever » Mon Jun 2, 2008 5:28 pm

Best of luck vs the Lakers.

Celts became my fave team in the east once the NJN traded away Jason Kidd, so I'll be with the greens all the way for sure.

Love the team u guys were able put together this year.
Was cool to see Rondo step it up bigtime and play like a vet all year (wish the suns kept him :( ), and it's been awesome to finally see what KG can do when surounded by legit talent.
Just got some real good cash since I put a bet on u guys winning out east as soon as KG signed up 8)

If you put PP on Kobe he shud easily be player that gives him the tuffest time he's had in the playoffs this year IMO.

Funny how so many peeps thought that coaching, lack of bench, and chemistry issues were gonna stop the Celts from bein one of the c-ship favorites at the start of the season, and unlike many peeps also thought back then, Perkins has proved he isn't anywhere near being a pushover.

Beat LA!
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach

Post#120 » by Celtsfan1980 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 5:43 pm

And LOL at Carmelo being better than Pierce. Pierce is the better player offensively and there's really no comparison defensively. Maybe we can talk in a few years but not right now. There's no doubt Pierce is one of the most underrated players in the league, but hopefully a Championship(and Championship MVP) will earn him more respect.

I always wondered what it would be like if the internet was around during the 1980's rivalry. I do wish both fan bases would not troll the other team's boards, but I'd say most people have been pretty good thus far.

Return to Boston Celtics