ImageImageImage

C's Forget How To Play Basketball, Lose To Random Lake Dwellers! AOS vs LAL 2/1

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

What was most ASS OF SHAMEFUL?

We lost to Austin Reaves and DeAngelo Russell
21%
Celtics turnovers/lack of focus
14%
Celtics crappy offense
1%
Celtics lousy defense
9%
A particular Celtic was the ASS OF SHAME
7%
Did I mention we lost to Austin Reaves and DeAngelo Russell?
5%
I gouged my eyes out and can't read the poll options
11%
Other
No votes
Coach
18%
Team
13%

Total votes: 76

TSmith0197
Junior
And1: 341

Re: C's Forget How To Play Basketball, Lose To Random Lake Dwellers! AOS vs LAL 2/1 

Post#161 » by TSmith0197 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:34 am

One would think that White, KP, & Jrue would wild out and lead the Celtics to a dominating victory for being left off the All-Star team.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,690

Re: C's Forget How to Play Basketball, Lose to Random Lake Dwellers! AOS vs LAL 2/1 

Post#162 » by shackles10 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:44 am

KillahGhostface wrote:This is going to be a pleasant place tonight. Tons of made up stuff coming, from the usual suspects.

Tatum was one of the only guys who played hard all game, he just missed his shots at the rim, which hasn’t been a problem all season. He went 5-10 from three, is shooting like 37% from deep for the season lol.

Eh idk. Noticed a lot of the “not getting back and putting his head down after misses at the rim” Tatum we haven’t seen in a long while. Nobody was excluded from lack of effort criticism within our top 6 for this game. It’s just one game and while it sucks I’m just as upset Bisme wouldn’t let me vote for more than two options or give me an all of the above option.

Also gotta say Reaves is super annoying and probably fell down because my comment was too harsh for him. The amount of calls he gets for flailing/flopping as a role player is envious for sure.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,674

Re: C's Forget How To Play Basketball, Lose To Random Lake Dwellers! AOS vs LAL 2/1 

Post#163 » by GrandTheftRondo » Fri Feb 2, 2024 12:19 pm

Setshot33 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Nothing is guaranteed. An injury to a key player in the playoffs can derail everything. That’s why we really need to go all in this season. Embiids not that healthy. Bucks are old and defends poorly. Who knows what will happen next season. I’m pretty sure all teams would want to get better. We have a good chance this season. The best since 2008. We must begin to develop good habits. The Jays should be ashamed of themselves if they are bored. Especially with the way we lost last conf finals. In fact, they should be hungrier. I haven’t seen that yet. Also, its sickening to watch those non stop 3pt chuckfest. Getting the ball inside should be the priority. Shoot 3’s only if its wide open. We are big athletic team. We should punish teams inside and get to the line more. Instead of bailing out other teams defense by chucking 3’s non stop.

This isn’t the 1980s.

You need to take and make a lot of 3s to win basketball games.

I don’t get why so many of you are acting like we’ve got Bird, McHale and Parish and need to just murder teams in the paint and it will work.

Standing at the top of the key and dribbling between the legs a few times and then side stepping to jack a three is great offense.

This team is not serious.

There are bad possessions like that, but that’s not what our offence is
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,858

Post#164 » by KillahGhostface » Fri Feb 2, 2024 12:40 pm

Setshot33 wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:
fallguy wrote:Like who?

Guys who put up numbers like Tatum does in elimination games are absolutely alphas lol, that’s what always makes it so funny when people say otherwise.

I'm looking forward to Tatum's annual disappearing act in the playoffs. It ranks right up there with the annual "Everybody come get an easy steal off Jaylen Brown Invitational that we witness in the postseason.

Prime Red Auerbach would've broken up Tatum and Brown a few years ago.

This whole board looks forward to your disappearing act after every win. It’s been going on for years, you’re as one note as it gets. I’d say you’re capable of more, but it’s pretty clear by now that you’re not.

Prime Red would’ve revoked your fan card for soft behavior.
Lee Van Cleef
Junior
And1: 236

Post#165 » by Lee Van Cleef » Fri Feb 2, 2024 1:26 pm

We are a collection of talented but soft players, coached by a sub par coach. No cohesion, no defense, no offensive plans B-C in case A fails. We cannot defeat whoever comes from west in the finals, if we can reach there. I'm not sure we can beat Pacers in the east either.
ThePigeon
Veteran
And1: 1,405

Post#166 » by ThePigeon » Fri Feb 2, 2024 1:38 pm

Lost to the f**** Lakers!
Shame on all the team, coaches and management

We won't win anything with an attitude like this
We don't win just by showing up. We actually need to play good basketball
And I am fed up that any random scrub can have a field day against us (in like the last 6-7 years). Where is the pride in stopping them.
Dunking on their head isn't enough. Players actually need to play some D with pride.
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#167 » by KillahGhostface » Fri Feb 2, 2024 1:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 64,495

Post#168 » by Celts17Pride » Fri Feb 2, 2024 2:32 pm

Setshot33 wrote:

The same Red Auerbach that kept Bird, McHale and Parish together when they were struggling to walk never mind playing basketball?
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,979

Post#169 » by Fierce1 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 2:34 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Setshot33 wrote:

The same Red Auerbach that kept Bird, McHale and Parish together when they were struggling to walk never mind playing basketball?

Ainge turned KG and Pierce into Tatum and Brown.

Auerbach should have kept Bird and gotten something for Parish and McHale.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 64,495

Post#170 » by Celts17Pride » Fri Feb 2, 2024 2:38 pm

The game last night was one of those clunkers that usually happen to every NBA team about 4-6 times per year. Nobody likes it, it's tough to watch and makes you furious. It is what it is.

Look around the league, top teams are losing to bottom feeders regularly this time of the year. Again, not making excuses it just is what it is.

Celtics have Marcus Smart coming into Boston the next game. I'm looking forward to Marcus getting the love that he deserves from the Boston crowd next game. Focus on the positive.
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#171 » by KillahGhostface » Fri Feb 2, 2024 2:42 pm

Reminder that last season, the Nuggets lost four straight to the Bulls, Spurs, Nets, and Raptors.

These games don’t matter. I get being annoyed, but there is absolutely nothing you can take from that game, big picture wise.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,989

Post#172 » by Green89 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 2:42 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:
Read on Twitter

Queta, Hauser, and especially Brown, who was lagging way behind, were not sprinting back on D, they were all slow jogging. Good to see Joe sit Brown near the end, but to be honest, a Carlisle or Popovich would have called time and sat all 3 guys the rest of the game.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,747

Post#173 » by return2glory » Fri Feb 2, 2024 2:53 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
return2glory wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:It will be a blood bath once the Cs raise Banner 18.

Might as well sponsor a crow eating contest during the Celtics parade.

Celtics are about titles. Come on now. At least they haven't been in a long time. Just 1 title after the 1986 season. That's one in 37 seasons. You talkin banner 18, banner 18?

Like I said, it will be a blood bath, from all the dead crows, once the Celtics raise Banner 18.

It's just a matter of time.

And it will be sweeter because there are a number of Celtic fans who believe the Jays will not be able to win a championship together.

The Jays aren't good enough to win a title. They have proven than year after year. If this team wins a title it was be because of White, KP, Jrue, Brown and Tatum, not because of Brown and Tatum. The Jays are good at many things, but being leaders and clutch aren't part of their strengths.
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#174 » by KillahGhostface » Fri Feb 2, 2024 2:57 pm

Speaking of one note posters
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#175 » by Fierce1 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 2:59 pm

return2glory wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
return2glory wrote:
Celtics are about titles. Come on now. At least they haven't been in a long time. Just 1 title after the 1986 season. That's one in 37 seasons. You talkin banner 18, banner 18?

Like I said, it will be a blood bath, from all the dead crows, once the Celtics raise Banner 18.

It's just a matter of time.

And it will be sweeter because there are a number of Celtic fans who believe the Jays will not be able to win a championship together.

The Jays aren't good enough to win a title. They have proven than year after year. If this team wins a title it was be because of White, KP, Jrue, Brown and Tatum, not because of Brown and Tatum. The Jays are good at many things, but being leaders and clutch aren't part of their strengths.

That's ridiculous.

Will White, KP, and Jrue win a championship without Tatum and Brown?

Of course the Jays need a good supporting cast.

What I said was the Jays can win a championship together.

I never said the Jays will win even without KP, White, and Jrue.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#176 » by Fierce1 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:05 pm

I really wonder what these Jay doubters will do when the Cs are in the NBA Finals.

Will they root against the Cs hoping they can be right about JT and JB can't win a championship?
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 16,237

Post#177 » by Bar Fight » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:23 pm

Read on Twitter
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,698

Post#178 » by fallguy » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:37 pm

Bar Fight wrote:
Read on Twitter

It'll come down to decision-making in the playoffs. This shot profile has to change.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,447

Post#179 » by 31to6 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:52 pm

shameful

boo

onward
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#180 » by KillahGhostface » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:54 pm

First off, as I’ve shown many times before, Tatum’s significantly ups his driving in the playoffs. So people shouldn’t be concerned in the least about that.

As for the pull-up, I’m pretty encouraged by it this season. Sometime in December when everyone was screaming about them, I pointed out that it looked like he was having a fluke as hell 10 game stretch on the pull-ups. That looks to be the case now, fingers crossed.

Through 15 games, he had a 50% eFG on them, was at 35% from three.

In the next 10 games, he shot 18% on pull-ups threes, an eFG of 33%. At one point, he was 8-49 over an 8 game stretch. I don’t need to explain how that’s incredibly fluky lol.

The last 22 games? He’s at 39% on pull-up threes, an elite number at his volume, and 50% eFG, which as you can see above, is a good number.

Last season was the only year since becoming a focal point he’s been below 33% on them, which is close enough to my 34% threshold. The form looks good on them, he’s forcing less in isolation and taking more in rhythm on PnR’s, which is why his numbers in PnR have shot back up to his best number in years. Could he have a big slump on them again? Sure, but I’m pretty optimistic that he ends the season around 35% on them, which means he will probably finish around 38-39% overall from deep.

Return to Boston Celtics