ImageImageImage

Even The Celts Cavn't Figured Out How to Win Em All! Loss vs CLE 3/5

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,901

Re: Even The Celts Cavn't Figured Out How to Win Em All! Loss vs CLE 3/5 

Post#21 » by Jammer » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:01 am

13 TO's vs 8 for Cleveland.
13 Fouls vs 10 for Cleveland.
39.5% from 3 vs. 47.6% for Cleveland !!!

Celtics needed a 3rd EFFICIENT scorer behind Zinger and Tatum tonight. Brown's 21 points on 20 shots is G-League BUM-like. I wish Jaylen took 3 or 4 less shots with 2 xtra shots to Zinger and 2 XTRA to Holiday. Oh, I guess I'm saying that I put this loss on Joe. Well, I just said it, and explained why. Joe needs to reign in guys who aren't hitting and get the shots to the guys that are.

An alternative view:

Pts + Rebounds + (0.5 x Assists) + Steals + (0.5 x Blocks) - Missed Field Goals - (0.5 x Missed Free Throws) - Turnovers - (0.5 x Fouls)

+27 Kristaps Porzingis 32 minutes
+25 Jayson Tatum 38 minutes

+12 Jrue Holiday 36 minutes
+11.5 Jaylen Brown 37 minutes
+8 Sam Hauser 14 minutes

+7.5 Derrick White 35 minutes
+6.5 Al Horford 20 minutes
+6 Luke Kornet 16 minutes

+3 Payton Pritchard 13 minutes

Team Total = 106.5
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 93,844

Re: ! Loss vs CLE 3/5 

Post#22 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:01 am

Memokerobi wrote:Mad that Joe stuck with Luke and Al for too long. Not that mad he didn’t call a TO in the final possession because they’d have subbed out Garland

More mad at Tatum for wasting the entire clock on a fadeaway. Go quick and give yourself a chance at another possession if you miss.

You only hold on to the ball if you're ahead or if game is tied. This is pretty basic end-game clock management.
Sweet Serenity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,381

Post#23 » by Sweet Serenity » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:02 am

Green89 wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:Cue the overreactions as well as Joe’s biggest fans to come out of hiding & tell us how much he sucks …

Weak ass post that happens probably more often than the overreactions you speak of. Very sorry you can't tell bad things when you see them. The way we lost is extremely concerning for close, playoff games we expect to win this year, and overcome **** endings of our problematic past blown games. It's called concerning, not overreacting.

We just came off an 11 game win streak …
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 7,175

Post#24 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:02 am

Flame me if you want, but the amount of times Joe has mentioned trying things and wanting adversity says to me he is managing these games very differently to how he would in the playoffs. Clutch reps is important and we came up short. Very valuable to happen here and not in the playoffs with time to still learn.

Leaving in Kornet etc so long probably part of that.

Joe is not managing these to lose, but he is not doing everything to win games in isolation and wants close game practice.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,989

Post#25 » by Green89 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:02 am

Memokerobi wrote:Mad that Joe stuck with Luke and Al for too long. Not that mad he didn’t call a TO in the final possession because they’d have subbed out Garland

And c'mon, are we really that afraid of who they'd sub in for Garland. Not a good enough reason. How about call the right offensive play that matters not whose on the floor for them on D. We have better offensive players. Utilize them correctly and win the game.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 39,544

Post#26 » by PierceFan4ever » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:04 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:That loss rests solely on Tatum.

All he had to do at the start of the fourth quarter was anchor the bench, hit a few shots and create a few for others and we win that game.

Instead he was flat out awful, unable to finish around and over some terrible defenders.

The bench guys we had in were a bad combo too.

Impossible to feel confident in this team when it matters most when they just continue to **** the bed in absurd ways late in tight games.

Maybe if Hauser was out there it would’ve helped the spacing in the 4th. Mazzulla kept riding Horford and Kornet not for 3 minutes but he played that lineup for damn near 7 minutes as the lead went from 22 to 9.

But yeah Tatum was flat out awful. Ugly ass layup attempts. You gotta make the big baskets when things are looking rough as the best player on the team but failed on every chance. Needs to be better in the clutch. White and Porzingis can’t be the ones always carrying when a big basket is needed.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,989

Post#27 » by Green89 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:04 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
Green89 wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:Cue the overreactions as well as Joe’s biggest fans to come out of hiding & tell us how much he sucks …

Weak ass post that happens probably more often than the overreactions you speak of. Very sorry you can't tell bad things when you see them. The way we lost is extremely concerning for close, playoff games we expect to win this year, and overcome **** endings of our problematic past blown games. It's called concerning, not overreacting.

It's not the loss or the standings, it's the way we lost. We should be over losing games like that, in fact, to win a title, we have to be. This game showed we're still not ready for those clutch endings where we have to execute perfectly.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,675

Post#28 » by GrandTheftRondo » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:04 am

Not seeing a lot of disgust over the Celtics defence.

They continually dared Wade and others to shoot and they got hot. Awful awful defence.

The Cavs also looked way more dangerous with dopey ass Mobley out of the game.

Don’t know why we continued with double bigs.
Sweet Serenity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,381

Post#29 » by Sweet Serenity » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:04 am

You guys do realise we’ve been one of the best clutch teams this season ? A lot of that is because of Joe.

Loss sucks but the good thing is the players & Joe will learn from it.
Browerkid79
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#30 » by Browerkid79 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:04 am

Sure tatum can take the last shot but it has to be going toward the basket...fade away 2 there is probably a 40% shot. Maybe less. Tough shot.

Don't let talking heads from espn fool us....we see every game. Every close game. There is a zero % chance that this team out-executes a Denver in the finals down the stretch of games....just on pure talent we get through east. But Denver IS the favorite against us. I can't care if they win every game the rest of the regular season.
bfchs123
Senior
And1: 1,535

Post#31 » by bfchs123 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:05 am

Reminded me of that freakin Evan Fournier game
tfribs45
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,295

Post#32 » by tfribs45 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:05 am

Poorly managed game and epic 22 pt collapse. End of game execution has always been trash since PP and IT4 left us. Hopefully not a sign of things to come this summer! Bubble gum Joe is the only thing holding this team back if we can’t seal the deal! On to the next….
Memokerobi
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,736

Post#33 » by Memokerobi » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:06 am

Green89 wrote:

And c'mon, are we really that afraid of who they'd sub in for Garland. Not a good enough reason. How about call the right offensive play that matters not whose on the floor for them on D. We have better offensive players. Utilize them correctly and win the game.

Nothing about being afraid or not, you take a Tatum/Garland matchup any day. Tatum should know to get that shot off quicker. Joe should have taken the TO when he realized it was going to be the last possession
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,207

Post#34 » by MaxwellSmart » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:06 am

When the Cavs cut it from 22 to 16, I yelled CALL A TIMEOUT you Idiot-!!......C's kept plying the clock and not the game....just like in the past.....so WEAK.
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,618

Post#35 » by RB34 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:07 am

Another game lost because the bozo coach refuses to call a timeout.

I’ve seen this movie before and I do not like it.
Lee Van Cleef
Junior
And1: 236

Post#36 » by Lee Van Cleef » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:07 am

This team cannot beat Nuggets in a 7-game series.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager

Post#37 » by GrandTheftRondo » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:07 am

PierceFan4ever wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:That loss rests solely on Tatum.

All he had to do at the start of the fourth quarter was anchor the bench, hit a few shots and create a few for others and we win that game.

Instead he was flat out awful, unable to finish around and over some terrible defenders.

The bench guys we had in were a bad combo too.

Impossible to feel confident in this team when it matters most when they just continue to **** the bed in absurd ways late in tight games.

Maybe if Hauser was out there it would’ve helped the spacing in the 4th. Mazzulla kept riding Horford and Kornet not for 3 minutes but he played that lineup for damn near 7 minutes as the lead went from 22 to 9.

But yeah Tatum was flat out awful. Ugly ass layup attempts. You gotta make the big baskets when things are looking rough as the best player on the team but failed on every chance. Needs to be better in the clutch. White and Porzingis can’t be the ones always carrying when a big basket is needed.

Yeah the lineup was strange and Derrick White sat on the bench way too long in the fourth for my liking.

Tatum had one of those games where he gets it going a bit and then sees what he thinks is a poor defender and tries way too hard to get by them. His finishing at the rim was horrific and had tunnel vision.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager

Post#38 » by GrandTheftRondo » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:08 am

RB34 wrote:Another game lost because the bozo coach refuses to call a timeout.

I’ve seen this movie before and I do not like it.

The game was lost because the Celtics played awful defence in the fourth and refused to move the ball.

I don’t see how a timeout changes that.

At some point surely these players have to take some credit for these awful collapses??
Memokerobi
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,736

Post#39 » by Memokerobi » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:08 am

This post game thread will be something, I’m out. That loss sucked. Nice seeing some people back after over a month
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 7,175

Post#40 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:08 am

Green89 wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
Green89 wrote:

It's not the loss or the standings, it's the way we lost. We should be over losing games like that, in fact, to win a title, we have to be. This game showed we're still not ready for those clutch endings where we have to execute perfectly.

Which is why, if possible, it does not hurt to "allow" clutch situations to occur prior by leaving bench guys in longer and not calling timeouts for extended runs against. If we still win big then fine, if we don't we get to practice these situations.

Return to Boston Celtics