ImageImageImage

Posey razzes Detroit

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

coach mang
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,401

Post#21 » by coach mang » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:00 pm

THE X-FACTOR wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
I guess you could say it meant nothing since they do it each and every home game. It wasn't anything special or for the Boston Celtics. They didn't do the dance for Celtics so don't make yourselves feel important. I didn't know it bothered other teams players and fans so much. Now I am happy it psyches them out so much.

Hello!

mang turning ur basketball yellow

We PEEEEEEEEEE onnnnnnnn...

DEEEEEEEETROIT BASKETBAAAAAAALLLL!!!!

WOOOOOOO!!!!

git ur raincoat ba!

it gwone rain!
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#22 » by Kefa461 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:05 pm

Well since they did the same team dance before playing Milwaukee, Charlotte, (if you want to put your team at their level) Memphis, and every other team they played at home the past several seasons I guess you could say it meant nothing since they do it each and every home game. It wasn't anything special or for the Boston Celtics. They didn't do the dance for Celtics so don't make yourselves feel important. I didn't know it bothered other teams players and fans so much. Now I am happy it psyches them out so much.

Yeah..so much it opened a can of whipasss on ya and it will again. 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
GreenWithEnvy
Analyst
And1: 163

Post#23 » by GreenWithEnvy » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:06 pm

they already have a playoff swag in the regular season.
Willie Green Is The Man!
wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#24 » by wigglestrue » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:13 pm

We have to remember that we havent won anything yet.

It's January of 2008. No one has won the 2008 title yet. And that's all that matters. Who cares if the Spurs won the title last year, or the Pistons won the title 4 years ago. Hell, the Heat won the title 2 years ago, I don't see anybody paying them obligatory respect.

Fact is, the Celtics are dominating the league.
They're becoming a truly great team, and they know it.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
THE X-FACTOR
Senior
And1: 0

Post#25 » by THE X-FACTOR » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:48 pm

Warning for Personal attacks, check your inbox
LarBrd33
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#26 » by LarBrd33 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:31 pm

Detroit is obnoxious and classless... they deserved having it rubbed in their face.

If you saw the obnoxious pre-game dance that Rasheed and his team were doing, you'd understand. They do it before every game... heres a youtube clip of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crcCW6046Qs ... They were particularly animated this time around.

Plus the refs were screwing Boston and Detroit was crying after every single call that they didn't buy...

The hell with Detroit and their arrogant players and fans.
for·mi·da·ble /ˈfɔrmɪdəbəl/ Pronunciation[fawr-mi-duh-buhl]
–adjective
1. to be youthier: That younger youthier player adds to the formidable frontline.
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,225

Post#27 » by Dogen » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:48 pm

Wow a one point game with under a minute to go is considered whipasss now? We call those the 45 point wins against the Bucks. Different standards I guess. Both teams could be 2-0, 0-2, it just happens to be 1-1.

and to coach mang, are you older then 2?

Coach Mang is older than time.
Throw it in the corner... Brown fakes, fires up a three... BANG!!! BANG!!! :D
Chief
Senior

Post#28 » by Chief » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:23 am

NBA has been suffering because of the lack of rivarlies , im happy to see more and more returning as the years progress..
Especially with us and detroit for you youngins , youtube the fights they used to have , legendary is one word i would use.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,193

Post#29 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:24 am

have to say, the pistons fans at the games can't be called angels. Now, artest is phyco, but what they did, threw a beer on a player, ran on the court after players.....wow.

track record doesn't look good there.

And if fans were heckling 'badly' all game, i'd have done worse.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
JJHondo17
Pro Prospect
And1: 783

Post#30 » by JJHondo17 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:11 pm

Well since they did the same team dance before playing Milwaukee, Charlotte, (if you want to put your team at their level) Memphis, and every other team they played at home the past several seasons I guess you could say it meant nothing since they do it each and every home game. It wasn't anything special or for the Boston Celtics. They didn't do the dance for Celtics so don't make yourselves feel important. I didn't know it bothered other teams players and fans so much. Now I am happy it psyches them out so much.

Just because they've been doing it the past several seasons doesn't mean it's not stupid. One can only hope Raheed injures himself in the middle of that moronic circle around the "jerk".
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,296

Post#31 » by Bad-Thoma » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:41 pm

F'n right Posey. It's a non-story in my book, but since it's a 3 page thread I have to chime in my support, you get heckled all game and win an emotional victory, have a little fun. It's not like he was cursing at them or something, or chucking drinks on them, he just poked some fun back. As for anyone (Tenbomber!) saying this gives them more motivation for next time, I really don't think Detroit needs any more motivation regardless of what Billups might like to portray, they took us seriously and brought their A game both meetings. I can't wait for the next game.
Cyclical
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,397

Post#32 » by Cyclical » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:24 pm

It's not like this was done in Oklohoma. It's Detroit for god sakes. F those annoying, 48-minute heckling fans. I'm usually against any kind of jawing or silly machismo but this? Please, it's spot on.
dominator077
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#33 » by dominator077 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:10 pm

I cant beleive that a dance gets boston fans all wet...
Its going to be a great playoff series between these two teams barring any injury.. cant wait..... SHEED IS THE MAN........ GO STONES.......
#1stunna
Junior

Post#34 » by #1stunna » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:52 pm

dominator077 wrote:I cant beleive that a dance gets boston fans all wet...

I don't understand it either

1 thing you celtics fans have to know about the pistons is they like to goof around. They do this dance against every team. Sometimes its maxiell in the middle, sometimes its different formations or whatever, etc

They don't mean no disrespect. How can you guys even see this as a bad thing? If your team was doing it I dont think any of you would have a problem with it. Would you?

You have to remember we have a former player as our gm, a former player as our coach(a players coach also, which honestly is probably a bad thing for this team), & a team full of characters like sheed, billups, maxiell, rip, amir that like to have fun.

Lets be honest, its far more disrespectful to talk s**t / taunt to opposing bball fans like posey does than it is to have a before game "huddle". You guys gotta learn how to chill out. Pistons fans should be the ones with a beef here.
Cyclical
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Cyclical » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:03 pm

dominator077 wrote:I cant beleive that a dance gets boston fans all wet...

It doesn't. Maybe just a couple of posters. Who cares?

dominator077 wrote:Its going to be a great playoff series between these two teams barring any injury.. cant wait.....

True that.

dominator077 wrote:SHEED IS THE MAN........ GO STONES.......

...who got dominated by a rookie in the 2nd half... GO BEATLES.
#1stunna
Junior

Post#36 » by #1stunna » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:14 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:have to say, the pistons fans at the games can't be called angels. Now, artest is phyco, but what they did, threw a beer on a player, ran on the court after players.....wow.

track record doesn't look good there.

And if fans were heckling 'badly' all game, i'd have done worse.

Every major sports city has fans that would throw empty plastic beer cups at a hated dirty rival or try to get in on a brawl when fellow fans are getting there ass kicked by a nutcase. Thats what makes a sport city a sports city. Chicago, New York, Phili, Oakload, La, etc even boston has had crazy experiences from loyal/sometimes deranged fans.

Boston is well known to have "heckling" fans. There right up there with NY for the worst in the nation. Still not half as bad as those crazy european soccer fans though.
Cyclical
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by Cyclical » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:24 pm

#1stunna wrote:Every major sports city has fans that would throw empty plastic beer cups at a hated dirty rival

Empty cup? Hmmm, no. I'd say it had some beer left over fo sho, unless that was some pretty nifty CGI fx.

Name one city who's done that in an NBA game. I've got one: Detroit.
#1stunna
Junior

Post#38 » by #1stunna » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:58 pm

Dude are seriously a boston fan? Cuz if you were you should know a lot better than me about your fanbase. Im not saying it's a bad thing cuz every major sports cities have fights, confrontations, hecklings, from fans & players alike. Its what makes us who we (as a whole) are. REAL fanbases

I could see if you were a fan of san fransico, miami, & so on, but a boston fan acting like there **** dont stink???

With movies like celtic pride, fever pitch, & others. With 1 google search showing up http://youtube.com/watch?v=hLTBw9ad8kI
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/the-best-boston-sports-fights-and-confrontations/479296942
& others who are you trying to kid. If I had the time I could show plenty of disrespectful incidents from boston players & fans alike. Probably far more than det fans
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#39 » by greenbeans » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:16 am

#1stunna wrote:Dude are seriously a boston fan? Cuz if you were you should know a lot better than me about your fanbase. Im not saying it's a bad thing cuz every major sports cities have fights, confrontations, hecklings, from fans & players alike. Its what makes us who we (as a whole) are. REAL fans

I could see if you were a fan of san fransico, miami, & so on, but a boston fan acting like there **** dont stink???

With movies like celtic pride, fever pitch, & others. With 1 google search showing up http://youtube.com/watch?v=hLTBw9ad8kI
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/the-best-boston-sports-fights-and-confrontations/479296942
& others who are you trying to kid. If I had the time I could show plenty of disrespectful incidents from boston players & fans alike. Probably far more than det fans

batteries at fenway is all you have to say. i wish it still was that way to a degree. WAY too much money goes into it now though so not as much *real fans can afford to go.

* people who follow box scores, know names of 12th man, you get the idea, your the real fans
#1stunna
Junior

Post#40 » by #1stunna » Wed Jan 9, 2008 1:20 am

greenbeans wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

batteries at fenway is all you have to say. i wish it still was that way to a degree. WAY too much money goes into it now though so not as much *real fans can afford to go.

* people who follow box scores, know names of 12th man, you get the idea, your the real fans
[b][i]

True. I meant every major fanbase has embarrassments from there own players & nutty fans. To show 1 piston moment & forget about all of bostons past moments is well, nicely said, 1 sided. Thats all.

Return to Boston Celtics