ImageImageImage

Even The Celts Cavn't Figured Out How to Win Em All! Loss vs CLE 3/5

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 11,193

Re: Even The Celts Cavn't Figured Out How to Win Em All! Loss vs CLE 3/5 

Post#221 » by CelticsPride18 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:47 pm

Fierce1 wrote:I highly doubt the Cavs would reach the ECF.

If Embiid is healthy by April, the Cs will be in a battle in the 2nd round.

Cs now have a tougher road to the finals with the Sixers falling to 4th or 5th.

Sixers are probably a play in team. They have really tough schedule in march.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,981

Post#222 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:51 pm

Ben-N1ce wrote:
tfribs45 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:The Jays and the Celtics are good enough to win the championship this season.

But there's still a lot of questions that will only be answered in the playoffs.

Next season is really the best chance for this Cs team to win a championship IMO.

And if the Cs win Banner 18 this season, a repeat in 2025 is very likely, and a 3-peat in 2026 will be doable.

Next season LMAO, it's banner 18 or bust IMO. Our two biggest flaws showed up last night, coaching and end of the game execution. No need to overreact though, but anything less then a Title would be failure!

Its funny. Most dominant reg season since 73 win GS. Wait till next year excuses...absurd.

You're forgetting the 2022 Suns that won 64 games.

Cs need to beat that 64 wins first.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,384

Post#223 » by Hal14 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:52 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:Smh we would be undefeated if Joe used every timeout at his disposal this year.

I hope this is a joke haha
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#224 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:55 pm

I'm really starting believe some of the Celtic fans here are hoping the Cs fail this season so that they can be right about Joe.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,807

Post#225 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:00 pm

Boston is 7.5 games ahead of the Bucks and they will get the first seed. Lets not pretend in the whole scheme of things this loss really means anything.
*Insert witty signature here.*
CelticsPride18
General Manager

Post#226 » by CelticsPride18 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:00 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:
tfribs45 wrote:
Next season LMAO, it's banner 18 or bust IMO. Our two biggest flaws showed up last night, coaching and end of the game execution. No need to overreact though, but anything less then a Title would be failure!

Its funny. Most dominant reg season since 73 win GS. Wait till next year excuses...absurd.

I don’t think we will win 64. After this road trip I expect them to start lowering the starters minutes
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,678

Post#227 » by GrandTheftRondo » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:01 pm

Only team that really concerns me a bit is the Bucks.

If their defensive improvement is legit, defending Dame and Giannis in a 7 game series is no easy feat.

My hope with them is that they finish second and get beaten up or even eliminated earlier by a team who works out their D
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#228 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:03 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:

I don’t think we will win 64. After this road trip I expect them to start lowering the starters minutes

Exactly!

If Cs don't beat 64 wins then this ain't the most dominant reg season since the 73 wins GSW.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#229 » by Hal14 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:06 pm

I didn't get all the way caught up on the posts in here overnight, but just so ya'll know, Denver had a late game collapse last night, losing in OT to phoenix, with no Booker.

GUess they won't win the title either? lol
Read on Twitter

And I saw a few posts last night where people said Tatum never makes it in when he has a last second shot to tie or take the lead. Ya'll might want to look at this:
Read on Twitter
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#230 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:07 pm

GrandTheftRondo wrote:

If their defensive improvement is legit, defending Dame and Giannis in a 7 game series is no easy feat.

My hope with them is that they finish second and get beaten up or even eliminated earlier by a team who works out their D

I was worried about the Bucks, but Brad got Tillman.

Right now a healthy Embiid is more dangerous than the Bucks.

The Bucks just don't have the perimeter defenders needed to slow down the Jays.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager

Post#231 » by GrandTheftRondo » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:07 pm

Net rating etc probably says otherwise but one of those KD Warriors years felt way more dominant than our season.

They would genuinely play five minutes of basketball in the third quarter and go up 25-30.

There was also zero way to guard their offence.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#232 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:10 pm

Hal14 wrote:I didn't get all the way caught up on the posts in here overnight, but just so ya'll know, Denver had a late game collapse last night, losing in OT to phoenix, with no Booker.

GUess they won't win the title either? lol
Read on Twitter

And I saw a few posts last night where people said Tatum never makes it in when he has a last second shot to tie or take the lead. Ya'll might want to look at this:
Read on Twitter

Trust me, those JT doubters will end up with indigestion after eating so much crow.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 59,049

Post#233 » by Froob » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:10 pm

We gotta let Derrick white run the final possessions. Tatum cannot be trusted not to run out the clock and take a difficult contested mid range J

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Hal14
RealGM

Post#234 » by Hal14 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:24 pm

Froob wrote:We gotta let Derrick white run the final possessions. Tatum cannot be trusted not to run out the clock and take a difficult contested mid range J

I mean, he clearly started to try and drive to the basket. He wanted to drive middle, beat his man off the dribble, explode to the basket and throw down the dunk - like he's done many times.

But the Cavs brought a help defender at the nail to stop the drive - same thing GS did in the 2022 NBA finals and same thing MIA did in the 2023 ECF. More teams are doing that vs us now when we try to drive, especially in the clutch.

Mazzulla said postgame that he tried calling for a timeout with 4.6 seconds left. So that was probably right after Tatum tried to drive middle but got shut down by Cleveland's double team..
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager

Post#235 » by GrandTheftRondo » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:31 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:

I was worried about the Bucks, but Brad got Tillman.

Right now a healthy Embiid is more dangerous than the Bucks.

The Bucks just don't have the perimeter defenders needed to slow down the Jays.

Sixers with a legit third option and healthy Embiid would be real difficult.

If Embiid even returns this season though it’s going to be that out of shape potentially hobbled guy we saw last playoffs.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 7,001

Post#236 » by The Corey's » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:32 pm

Sweet Serenity wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
Ah yes, he’s so bad that he’s lead us to a 48-13 record while having the 4th best net rating of all time ..

What a terrible coach

Ahh. You think it's Joe and not the roster. Now it makes sense.

So when they win it's cause Joe coaching. When they lose it's cause they didn't take to Joe's coaching.

I found Joe's burner account.

Imagine hating the coach that much you don’t think he has anything to do with the level of dominance he’s showed this season :lol:

You guys are all over the place.

I got one of you arguing that Joe doesn't matter and there's no evidence that calling a timeout leads to a statistical difference in the game and then you arguing that he's the reason there dominating.

Yet you're both arguing against my take.

**** Joe.
CelticsPride18
General Manager

Post#237 » by CelticsPride18 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:48 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Ahh. You think it's Joe and not the roster. Now it makes sense.

So when they win it's cause Joe coaching. When they lose it's cause they didn't take to Joe's coaching.

I found Joe's burner account.

Imagine hating the coach that much you don’t think he has anything to do with the level of dominance he’s showed this season :lol:

You guys are all over the place.

I got one of you arguing that Joe doesn't matter and there's no evidence that calling a timeout leads to a statistical difference in the game and then you arguing that he's the reason there dominating.

Yet you're both arguing against my take.

**** Joe.

You only appear when we lose games to **** on Joe with surface level takes. It was bad game by Joe and Tatum. **** happens
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,691

Post#238 » by shackles10 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:57 pm

Hal14 wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

We all know this was it right here. One timeout by Mazzulla when the Cavs cut the lead down from 22 points to 14 points to get the guys refocused again would have resulted in a win. Mazzulla decided to take 2 timeouts home with him. Must be able to return them at the end of the year for some money.

The thing is he isn’t improving with the timeout situation. He still doesn’t call them, he has no interest changing it up because he’s too stubborn

Calling timeouts is not the magical cure to everything that some of ya'll seem to think.

It's happened plenty of times this season and last season where we call a timeout and it does no good - the other team comes out of the timeout and keeps their run going.

It's also happened plenty of times where we don't call a timeout, let the guys play through it and then boom, next thing you know the C's answer back with a run - forcing the other team to burn the timeout. Then after the other team burns their timeout, we come out of the timeout and keep going on our run - since the timeout by the other team didn't magically stop our run.

Not to mention that instead of burning a timeout, often times we could just wait another 30-60 seconds or so till the next media timeout - the "boys can get refocused" then..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2017/03/25/stop-or-go-as-clock-ticks-down-call-timeout-or-play-on/99629536/

Kentucky coach John Calipari said often his first instinct is to refrain from calling timeout and see what develops.

"I'd let it go and watch and then be ready to scream timeout if it looks ugly but I want them to just play on and that's what we practice," Calipari said. "I like to go home with timeouts. I like the players to work through their issues."

South Carolina coach Frank Martin said he does have a few basic end-game guidelines.

"Any time we're tied, I'm not calling a timeout. If we're down one, probably not calling a timeout," Martin said. "That's kind of the way we rehearse. If we're down three, we're going to foul, inside of 7, 8 seconds to go."

Also, Joe did take a timeout at one point during cleveland's 2nd half run..and he said during his post game presser that he was trying to call one on our last possession but the ref didn't see him..so let's not blow this out of proportion here and pretend like he didn't call any timeouts..

As a big UK fan, I can comfortably say using Cal as an example of what good coaches do is fool's gold lol. Great recruiter and motivator yes, but terrible x's and o's. Just look at our own Mazzula missing almost the entire season and then stepping in during the tourney as an undersized guard taking Cousins out of the game and hitting tons of 3's against Cal. I get your point though and have been pretty gracious of Joe this season. He's improved a lot since last year imo, or at least "coaching" has improved for the Celtics whether that's Joe or the whole staff it's the same thing to me.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 64,510

Post#239 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:01 pm

It's not the fact that the Celtics lost a 22 point lead in the 4th and lost the game. Big deal, these things happen in the regular season. What is concerning to me is how they lost and how it is very similar to their past playoff failures.

The narrative around the NBA is the Celtics are talented and when they stick to moving the ball they are near unstoppable. When things get real tight and teams apply pressure, the ball movement goes away and the Celtics revert back to ISO ball and taking bad shots.

Last night did nothing to disprove that narrative. Unfortunately.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#240 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:09 pm

Still waiting for someone to bring up how DWhite was also not good in the 4th.

Return to Boston Celtics