ImageImageImage

Game Thread – Pacers @ Celtics – 7:30PM, Tues, Jan. 30, 2024

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 39,544

Re: Game Thread – Pacers @ Celtics – 7:30PM, Tues, Jan. 30, 2024 

Post#501 » by PierceFan4ever » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:10 am

Ben-N1ce wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
GotDaSauce wrote:Up 8 with 2 minutes left and they settled for them instead of taking the right shot.

Last time I checked they didn’t have easy layups or post up chances available.

Teams lock in defensively late and sometimes make it hard for teams to get the buckets they did previously.

So those 2 Tatum hero shots were the best he could get...doubtful.

What’s crazy was the very next play he made siakam fly by and had a wide open three but then passed it to White for a tougher three…still needs to be better late in games.
Riverwalk2021
Sixth Man
And1: 1,918

Post#502 » by Riverwalk2021 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:10 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Riverwalk2021 wrote:Watch how the Nuggets get high-quality shots down the stretch. That's the key to winning in the playoffs. The Celtics could do the same thing but they are intent on playing iso ball.

The Nuggets have Nikola Jokic who is a complete offensive cheat code and Jamal Murray who can score with ease off the pick and roll.

Reality is Tatum is never going to score effortlessly like that. He hasn’t his whole career.

I don't agree. The Celtics settle far too much down the stretch for lower-quality looks. White is elite in the pick and roll. Brown, Tatum, Porzingis and Holiday can all work in the low post too. Too much talent to get such low-quality looks.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,295

Post#503 » by Bad-Thoma » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:10 am

If I had, for instance, just returned from Antarctica from a 6 month ice capades training session where I had no internet or cable and the first place I went to see how the C's were doing was this board I'd assume we were pretty damned bad. No coaching, dumb stars who take bad shots, non-existent bench, we must be tanking. I hope we get a good pick.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,979

Post#504 » by Fierce1 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:11 am

Yeah, Joe was right about saying fans are entitled.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#505 » by Fierce1 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:12 am

Let's not forget that this is another win on the 2nd night of a back to back.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#506 » by Fierce1 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:13 am

Riverwalk2021 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Riverwalk2021 wrote:Watch how the Nuggets get high-quality shots down the stretch. That's the key to winning in the playoffs. The Celtics could do the same thing but they are intent on playing iso ball.

The Nuggets have Nikola Jokic who is a complete offensive cheat code and Jamal Murray who can score with ease off the pick and roll.

Reality is Tatum is never going to score effortlessly like that. He hasn’t his whole career.

I don't agree. The Celtics settle far too much down the stretch for lower-quality looks. White is elite in the pick and roll. Brown, Tatum, Porzingis and Holiday can all work in the low post too. Too much talent to get such low-quality looks.

The only solution is time.

KP and Jrue were not on this team last season.

This Celtics team hasn't figured it out yet and they're already this good.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,674

Post#507 » by GrandTheftRondo » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:15 am

Riverwalk2021 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:

Well even Jokic and Murray have their struggles late in games. They could barely score against us.

Late game scoring isn’t easy in the NBA. Never has been and it will always be ugly.

Celtics could definitely improve. People seem to be forgetting though that Porzingis and Holiday haven’t even been here 50 games. White has gone to a new level this season. There’s things they still have to work through offensively.
GotDaSauce
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#508 » by GotDaSauce » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:20 am

Bad-Thoma wrote:If I had, for instance, just returned from Antarctica from a 6 month ice capades training session where I had no internet or cable and the first place I went to see how the C's were doing was this board I'd assume we were pretty damned bad. No coaching, dumb stars who take bad shots, non-existent bench, we must be tanking. I hope we get a good pick.

I get angry because I care! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Boston Celtics