ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 3

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,788

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 3 

Post#721 » by Tatumfor2 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:26 pm

shackles10 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Spoiler Alert: Lakers show ends in Celtics winning the title. Perfect. No notes.

What an amazing troll job. Let someone make a show about the Lakers only to have it end with their biggest rivals beating them. Hollywood must be rolling over in their graves.

I might actually watch it now.
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
MeanGeraldGreen
Junior
And1: 1,173

Post#722 » by MeanGeraldGreen » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:27 pm

Talk To Me is ****** up.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,693

Post#723 » by shackles10 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:19 pm

MeanGeraldGreen wrote:Talk To Me is ****** up.

Never heard of it. What's it on and what's it about. I'm too lazy to look up either let alone both questions.
MeanGeraldGreen
Junior

Post#724 » by MeanGeraldGreen » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:24 pm

shackles10 wrote:
MeanGeraldGreen wrote:Talk To Me is ****** up.

Never heard of it. What's it on and what's it about. I'm too lazy to look up either let alone both questions.

It just came out on demand. The movie pretty shocking at points lol. Extremely highly regarded, is a 95% on RT with 276 reviews.

;pp=ygUSdGFsayB0byBtZSB0cmFpbGVy
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,479

Post#725 » by bisme37 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:17 pm

Dear Child on Netflix is quite good. A German mystery/thriller. Very well crafted plot with surprising twists and turns.
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,788

Post#726 » by Tatumfor2 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:35 pm

bisme37 wrote:That new One Piece show on Netflix is a lot of fun. I'm not very familiar with the anime versions but the live action version is well worth a watch. You can tell they put a lot into it and I guess it's already broken some Netflix streaming records. Good for adults down to tweens I would say. Or even younger kids if a little violence and swearing is acceptable. Crowd pleaser for sure.

I just finished this and it was a lot of fun. I'm unfamiliar with the franchise, but it reminded me of the Pirates of the Caribbean combined that with a Marvel movie.
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#727 » by bisme37 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:08 pm

Anyone watch Invasion on Apple? It's about an alien invasion haha.

I didn't watch it when it came out because Season 1 got really poor critic reviews and audience scores. Everything I read made it sound dreadfully boring.

But I got into it a few night ago and I'm tripping out because it's actually really good. I mean it's character driven and not wall to wall action, but there's plenty of action and suspense and it's very well made and very absorbing imo. And it takes a few episodes for the aliens to get onscreen but when they do they are pretty dang terrifying lol.

I'm just about at the end of S1 and excited for S2, which is in progress now. Glad they didn't cancel it because all the negative reaction was totally bunk in my view.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,943

Post#728 » by bucknersrevenge » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:40 pm

bisme37 wrote:Anyone watch Invasion on Apple? It's about an alien invasion haha.

I didn't watch it when it came out because Season 1 got really poor critic reviews and audience scores. Everything I read made it sound dreadfully boring.

But I got into it a few night ago and I'm tripping out because it's actually really good. I mean it's character driven and not wall to wall action, but there's plenty of action and suspense and it's very well made and very absorbing imo. And it takes a few episodes for the aliens to get onscreen but when they do they are pretty dang terrifying lol.

I'm just about at the end of S1 and excited for S2, which is in progress now. Glad they didn't cancel it because all the negative reaction was totally bunk in my view.

I've been pretty much in on most of the Apple+ series and Invasion is definitely among them. I think I enjoy the kids' storyline the best of all. The kid who plays the bully is terrific.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
MeanGeraldGreen
Junior

Post#729 » by MeanGeraldGreen » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:08 am

Read on Twitter
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,693

Post#730 » by shackles10 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:07 pm

MeanGeraldGreen wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm excited, offended because I know this is referring to me, and not believing a word of this all at once.

MeanGeraldGreen
Junior

Post#731 » by MeanGeraldGreen » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:12 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

bigfoot_cryptozoology
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#732 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:06 am

She knows how to Rebound...

Read on Twitter
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,240

Post#733 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Oct 8, 2023 1:43 pm

I'm sure bisme's already recommended it, but if you're into scifi shows like The Expanse, Battlestar Galactica, and Andor, go watch Foundation on Apple TV. Never read the books, so I didn't know anything about this coming in. Five episodes in, I'm hooked. Probably gonna finish both seasons just in time for Cs regular season opening.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#734 » by bisme37 » Sun Oct 8, 2023 7:10 pm

Wheel of Time on Amazon. I thought season 1 was just ok but season 2 was really good imo. I liked the new actors/characters they introduced and it got really exciting as it went on. The finale was like a legit blockbuster action movie. I'm much more excited for next season than I was going into this one.

I thought Ahsoka was good too and worth watching. Story was solid, the characters are more likable than some of the other recent Disney+ Star Wars series, and there were some really cool lightsaber and spaceship battles.

Season 3 of Only Murders in the Building was good too. That show is just a really fun way to spend an evening or three.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#735 » by bisme37 » Sun Oct 8, 2023 7:29 pm

I'd never heard of this movie Sisu but it's surprisingly awesome. It's from the studio that did John Wick and it's really John Wick-ish in its own way. Like John Wick if he was a retired elite Finnish soldier who gets caught up fighting Nazis while trying to mind his own business in the wilderness lol. Lots of violence but it's really fun and quite satisfying.

sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 9,108

Post#736 » by sam_I_am » Mon Oct 9, 2023 3:03 pm

bisme37 wrote:I'd never heard of this movie Sisu but it's surprisingly awesome. It's from the studio that did John Wick and it's really John Wick-ish in its own way. Like John Wick if he was a retired elite Finnish soldier who gets caught up fighting Nazis while trying to mind his own business in the wilderness lol. Lots of violence but it's really fun and quite satisfying.

I heard about it when it came out and it looks awesome. Just waiting for it to stream.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 9,108

Post#737 » by sam_I_am » Mon Oct 9, 2023 3:09 pm

Recent shows I liked:

Deadloch on Amazon was pretty funny and a good homicide series too.
Super Pumped on Netflix about Uber was pretty good miniseries if you liked Social Network.
Reptile starring Benicio del Toro and Justin Timberlake was excellent.
Midnight Run one of my all time favorite movies. Just as good as ever as a rewatch.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,370

Post#738 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:19 am

The Hollywood Reporter Roundtables have been around for years but I only "discovered" them a few weeks ago. If you're seriously into movies, these are well worth your time. In some cases the level of talent gathered around the table is through the roof. You feel like a fly on the wall while these people let their hair down.

Just a couple of examples here:

bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#739 » by bisme37 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:48 pm

Some really amazing photos in this article if anyone's interested: https://www.yahoo.com/news/wildlife-photographer-horseshoe-crab-wins-014026692.html

This one of a horseshoe crab was named Wildlife Photo of the Year:

Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,296

Post#740 » by Bad-Thoma » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:56 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:I'm sure bisme's already recommended it, but if you're into scifi shows like The Expanse, Battlestar Galactica, and Andor, go watch Foundation on Apple TV. Never read the books, so I didn't know anything about this coming in. Five episodes in, I'm hooked. Probably gonna finish both seasons just in time for Cs regular season opening.

Foundation was fantastic, though anything with Jared Harris is a given.

Return to Boston Celtics