ImageImageImage

PLAYOFFS, Rnd 2, Gm 3 – Celtics (1) @ Cavaliers (1) – 8:30PM, Sat, May 11, 2024

Moderators: bisme37, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10

CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 11,156

Re: PLAYOFFS, Rnd 2, Gm 3 – Celtics (1) @ Cavaliers (1) – 8:30PM, Sat, May 11, 2024 

Post#81 » by CelticsPride18 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:45 pm

Fierce1 wrote:The pattern is very clear.

JT wants to do things a different way while Celtic fans want the traditional way, like what Brunson and Ant are doing.

This relationship is clearly headed for a divorce.

His way is being a loser.
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,503

Re: PLAYOFFS, Rnd 2, Gm 3 – Celtics (1) @ Cavaliers (1) – 8:30PM, Sat, May 11, 2024 

Post#82 » by celtxman » Sat May 11, 2024 3:52 pm

JT wants to do things a different way while Celtic fans want the traditional way, like what Brunson and Ant are doing.

There are many of us upset with Tatum on and off the court with his terrible interview. I'm not thinking there will be a divorce necessarily. But I have believed that if things ended poorly (like losing this series) the Jays could be broken up.
The absolute irony here is the Celtics would be in the same position as with Brown last year. They HAVE to sign Tatum to the SUPERMAX and if they trade anyone is has to be Brown.
I don't like to feel this way, but Tatum playing the victim after playing substandard throughout the playoffs was just a horrible look.
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,098

Post#83 » by bisme37 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:55 pm

Check out this terrible loser mentality from noted non-dawg Anthony Edwards.

Read on Twitter

Edit: And reporters had to find Edwards in the locker room for these comments since he declined to take the podium.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,809

Post#84 » by Fierce1 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:56 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:

Apparently what they want is they win as a team and lose as a team.

Everybody loses if JT leaves.

At least with JT, the Cs have a shot at making the finals every year.

Once JT is gone, JB being the #1 option will result in ZERO championships.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#85 » by Fierce1 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:00 pm

celtxman wrote:

There are many of us upset with Tatum on and off the court with his terrible interview. I'm not thinking there will be a divorce necessarily. But I have believed that if things ended poorly (like losing this series) the Jays could be broken up.
The absolute irony here is the Celtics would be in the same position as with Brown last year. They HAVE to sign Tatum to the SUPERMAX and if they trade anyone is has to be Brown.
I don't like to feel this way, but Tatum playing the victim after playing substandard throughout the playoffs was just a horrible look.

It's the Gen Z way.

Like I said, JT is different, he's not an old school guy.

The Cs might not get the chance to sign JT to a super max.

JT will bet on himself and go to LA to further enhance his brand.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#86 » by bisme37 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:12 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
celtxman wrote:

It's the Gen Z way.

Dude you've posted 8 comments with slight variations of the same thing since I was on the board last night. Your thoughts have been duly noted. We just talked to you about spamming posts. Please try to control yourself. It gets very annoying for others.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#87 » by Fierce1 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:16 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
celtxman wrote:There are many of us upset with Tatum on and off the court with his terrible interview. I'm not thinking there will be a divorce necessarily. But I have believed that if things ended poorly (like losing this series) the Jays could be broken up.

It's the Gen Z way.

Dude you've posted 8 comments with slight variations of the same thing since I was on the board last night. Your thoughts have been duly noted. We just talked to you about spamming posts. Please try to control yourself. It gets very annoying for others.

Ok.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,816

Post#88 » by Parliament10 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:21 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
celtxman wrote:There are many of us upset with Tatum on and off the court with his terrible interview. I'm not thinking there will be a divorce necessarily. But I have believed that if things ended poorly (like losing this series) the Jays could be broken up.

It's the Gen Z way.

Fierce1:
I echo this. You've been Warned about this subtle trolling, and insulting the whole fanbase.
Do Not keep it up.

~ Parl
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,558

Post#89 » by canman1971 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:22 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:

It's the Gen Z way.

I would agree with this 100%. It is like you are having a conversation with yourself.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,797

Post#90 » by BK_2020 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:49 pm

bisme37 wrote:Check out this terrible loser mentality from noted non-dawg Anthony Edwards.

Read on Twitter

Stars like Ant got dawg simple as. You can just feel their will to win.

Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,273

Post#91 » by Bad-Thoma » Sat May 11, 2024 4:50 pm

bisme37 wrote:Check out this terrible loser mentality from noted non-dawg Anthony Edwards.

Read on Twitter

If he was a dawg they would have won in one. Minnesota needs to blow it up as well, along with OKC, NY, Dallas, and Indy. Cle will be fine though, the town is a natural free agent draw.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#92 » by Fierce1 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:55 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:

Read on Twitter

If he was a dawg they would have won in one. Minnesota needs to blow it up as well, along with OKC, NY, Dallas, and Indy. Cle will be fine though, the town is a natural free agent draw.

Yeah, 2 Wades, Dwayne and Dean, signed with the Cavs. :lol:
Scarletfire81
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,571

Post#93 » by Scarletfire81 » Sat May 11, 2024 6:03 pm

People need to chill out on JT, he will give everything he has when all the chips are on the table. I think the Celtics haven’t really be tested this season which caused somewhat of a laid back approach at times. I think they need a wake up call & last game might have done it, we’ll see.
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach
And1: 5,991

Post#94 » by lon3lytoaster » Sat May 11, 2024 6:13 pm

Scarletfire81 wrote:People need to chill out on JT, he will give everything he has when all the chips are on the table. I think the Celtics haven’t really be tested this season which caused somewhat of a laid back approach at times. I think they need a wake up call & last game might have done it, we’ll see.

The “needs a wake up call” card is an interesting one given that they’ve ignored multiple wake up calls in the last two post seasons. At some point you have to just be awake, and they’re lead by a guy content to coast and have things handed to him.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#95 » by bisme37 » Sat May 11, 2024 6:23 pm

Admittedly I wasn't watching the 4th quarter super closely because I started writing the postgame thread once it looked like we were headed toward a loss. But unless Tatum was extremely terrible while I wasn't paying attention I'm honestly confused about all the blame he's getting. He was the best Celtic on the floor during the other 3 quarters and we lost that game because of poor team defense and poor team shooting. So yeah I'm kinda wondering what I missed.
Scarletfire81
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,571

Post#96 » by Scarletfire81 » Sat May 11, 2024 6:30 pm

lon3lytoaster wrote:
Scarletfire81 wrote:People need to chill out on JT, he will give everything he has when all the chips are on the table. I think the Celtics haven’t really be tested this season which caused somewhat of a laid back approach at times. I think they need a wake up call & last game might have done it, we’ll see.

The “needs a wake up call” card is an interesting one given that they’ve ignored multiple wake up calls in the last two post seasons. At some point you have to just be awake, and they’re lead by a guy content to coast and have things handed to him.

It’s not good that this team has let downs but I’m not giving up on JT. Now if we lose the next couple games, I will have some serious concerns, especially if he plays bad. But I’m not at that point yet.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,386

Post#97 » by 31to6 » Sat May 11, 2024 6:45 pm

bisme37 wrote:Admittedly I wasn't watching the 4th quarter super closely because I started writing the postgame thread once it looked like we were headed toward a loss. But unless Tatum was extremely terrible while I wasn't paying attention I'm honestly confused about all the blame he's getting. He was the best Celtic on the floor during the other 3 quarters and we lost that game because of poor team defense and poor team shooting. So yeah I'm kinda wondering what I missed.

Derrick White has gotten the biggest free pass for a guy shooting 1-8 from 3 and getting roasted on defense several times.

I understand that shooting performance is overdue regression to the mean for him.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,596

Post#98 » by fallguy » Sat May 11, 2024 6:47 pm

One thing we need to keep in mind - if JT is regularly standing in a corner or unmoving on the wing by strategic design, that's on Joe (whether you like that choice or not).
fallguy
Head Coach

Post#99 » by fallguy » Sat May 11, 2024 6:47 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:

I don't agree with this at all but I did laugh at it.
fallguy
Head Coach

Post#100 » by fallguy » Sat May 11, 2024 6:48 pm

31to6 wrote:
bisme37 wrote:Admittedly I wasn't watching the 4th quarter super closely because I started writing the postgame thread once it looked like we were headed toward a loss. But unless Tatum was extremely terrible while I wasn't paying attention I'm honestly confused about all the blame he's getting. He was the best Celtic on the floor during the other 3 quarters and we lost that game because of poor team defense and poor team shooting. So yeah I'm kinda wondering what I missed.

Derrick White has gotten the biggest free pass for a guy shooting 1-8 from 3 and getting roasted on defense several times.

I understand that shooting performance is overdue regression to the mean for him.

How big a free pass could he get in less than 48 hours for one bad game?

Return to Boston Celtics