ImageImageImage

Celts Avoid Cav-tastrophe! Game 4 Victory Cigar vs CLE 5/13 (BOS leads 3-1)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes the big playoff cigar?

Tatum
33%
Brown
18%
White
1%
Jrue
42%
Horf
No votes
Pritchard
3%
Hauser
No votes
Kornet
2%
Other/Coach/Team
2%

Total votes: 124

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 93,774

Re: Celts Avoid Cav-tastrophe! Game 4 Victory Cigar vs CLE 5/13 (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#81 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue May 14, 2024 2:25 am

Read on Twitter
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,954

Post#82 » by Fierce1 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:26 am

Tatum in the Top 8 in playoff history?

That's doggy! :lol:
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,695

Post#83 » by fallguy » Tue May 14, 2024 2:26 am

tfribs45 wrote:
fallguy wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:It's not going to be Bon Jovi in a bed of roses every game.

But the goal of getting a win or wins in Cleveland was achieved.

Some might want it to be perfect every game.

Not happening in the NBA.

JB making that dagger from a pass from JT is what winning basketball is all about.

JT made the right play and JB made the big shot.

All the whining about whatever is just entitlement.

It's always nice when you attack the fan base.

Almighty Fierce has spoken! LMAO. Get over yourself man haha

Total trash post that should probably be reported but whatever.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#84 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue May 14, 2024 2:28 am

Read on Twitter

If that was their defensive strategy, they executed poorly or could've done better imo. The 51.1% 3-pt attempt rate of the Cavs is their highest in the postseason and 9th highest including RS.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,902

Post#85 » by Triple7 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:29 am

Voted for Jrue for VC. JB for his clutch baskets for cp.
JT played great in the 1st half, played average in the 2nd half, with too much settling. The guys went back to their old habits when we have the lead. walking the ball pass half court. Playing the clock game. Tatum and Brown both wasting the shot clock before taking horrible iso shots. Joe was sleep walking in the 4th. Horf was unplayeable. White took horrible shots. Oh well a win is a win. Get it done game 5 please.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#86 » by Fierce1 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:33 am

Triple7 wrote:Voted for Jrue for VC. JB for his clutch baskets for cp.
JT played great in the 1st half, played average in the 2nd half, with too much settling. The guys went back to their old habits when we have the lead. walking the ball pass half court. Playing the clock game. Tatum and Brown both wasting the shot clock before taking horrible iso shots. Joe was sleep walking in the 4th. Horf was unplayeable. White took horrible shots. Oh well a win is a win. Get it done game 5 please.

There's at least a little progress even though the old habits showed up again in the 4th.

What's encouraging is JT made the right play in the clutch by passing to an open JB for the dagger.

Now you know why I keep telling you next year is the higher chance of winning it all.

Guess the saying is true, old habits die hard.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#87 » by Fierce1 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:37 am

JT had 33 points, 11 rebounds, and 5 assists.

Also went 9-9 from the FT line.

And it's not even considered a great game from JT's standards.

I hope this is really a case of saving the best for last.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#88 » by Triple7 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:37 am

Fierce1 wrote:

There's at least a little progress even though the old habits showed up again in the 4th.

What's encouraging is JT made the right play in the clutch by passing to an open JB for the dagger.

Now you know why I keep telling you next year is the higher chance of winning it all.

No! Injuries can happen, other teams can get better. This should be the year.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#89 » by Fierce1 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:38 am

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:

True.

But you yourself said the old habits showed up again.

This is what you said:
Tatum and Brown both wasting the shot clock before taking horrible iso shots. Joe was sleep walking in the 4th. Horf was unplayeable. White took horrible shots.

What you said is accurate and I don't think we can beat Denver playing that way.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,516

Post#90 » by Saint Lazarus » Tue May 14, 2024 2:48 am

**** the haters man
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,191

Post#91 » by chakdaddy » Tue May 14, 2024 2:48 am

Browns isos seem better than Tatums. I thought Tatum was trying to throw the game in the last minute. But he can still have a positive impact rebounding and passing. Mobley is a tough defensive chess piece. We miss Porzingis , who could occupy Mobley.

Horford is fine on D but is it time to take him off the 3 pt line?
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#92 » by Fierce1 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:50 am

chakdaddy wrote:Browns isos seem better than Tatums. I thought Tatum was trying to throw the game in the last minute. But he can still have a positive impact rebounding and passing. Mobley is a tough defensive chess piece. We miss Porzingis , who could occupy Mobley.

Horford is fine on D but is it time to take him off the 3 pt line?

Horford usually shoots well again after 2 bad shooting games.

So no, don't take him off because he's most likely going to go off in Game 5.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#93 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue May 14, 2024 3:05 am

Next Game's Injury Report:

Kristaps Porzingis - QUESTIONABLE (calf strain)
Jaylen Brown - QUESTIONABLE (sore boob)

Read on Twitter
Memokerobi
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,730

Post#94 » by Memokerobi » Tue May 14, 2024 3:09 am

We did not have a made FG from 7:56 to 2:49 left in the 4th quarter. These are our offensive possessions in that stretch:

-Jrue end of shot clock 3pt heave after a bad pass from Jaylen which got deflected

- Tatum turnover trying to drive on Wade and getting stripped

- PP & JB screen action resulting in an open mid-range shot for PP from the FT line. Miss

- Tatum sidestep 3pt attempt with Mobley guarding with 5 left on the shot clock

- JB fouled after shaking Strus and attempting an open mid range shot

- White initiates the offense. Screen action with JB, gets the ball to JB in the paint, JB kicks out to wide open Al in the corner. Miss

- Ball stalls, Tatum quick drive and kick to Holiday in the corner for a contested 3pt attempt. Miss. White offensive rebound and open corner 3, miss.

It wasn't as terrible as it looked but not great obviously. I'd like to see more actions designed on getting to the rim (Jrue post up, Jaylen backdoor cut, White floater etc). When you can't score for a long time, jump shots get risky even if wide open.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 39,531

Post#95 » by PierceFan4ever » Tue May 14, 2024 3:16 am

I really feel like JT needs to add more to his game. There was a play early in the 4th, he went quick with the ball and got to the middle spot and fired a midrange no hesitation and it went in. Sometimes he’s just so slow with the ball having the defense set and dribble dribble only to take a difficult shot. Needs to work on playing faster just like any other star just so he can get to his spot quicker and have the defender moving their feet more. And this is mainly in close games. I don’t know why it’s Tatum isolation and everyone stands there. Maybe with KP there’s more to it but this can’t happen now.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#96 » by Triple7 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:22 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:There's at least a little progress even though the old habits showed up again in the 4th.

True.

But you yourself said the old habits showed up again.

This is what you said:
Tatum and Brown both wasting the shot clock before taking horrible iso shots. Joe was sleep walking in the 4th. Horf was unplayeable. White took horrible shots.

What you said is accurate and I don't think we can beat Denver playing that way.

Lol. I’m having headaches reading your comments.
JimmyFromNz
Pro Prospect
And1: 943

Post#97 » by JimmyFromNz » Tue May 14, 2024 3:24 am

That was a hard watch.

The Cavaliers deserve credit for how they came out, the bench shooters stood up and they ran some funky actions for guys that let's be honest we aren't game planning for. That contributed to some of the miscommunication on defense for sure.

Though unlike some other games where I laugh at board response the sky seems to be falling despite winning handily. I would agree there were some cracks painted over tonight due to individual shot making - largely by Jrue.

The Jays 4th quarter offense reared its head, and this is where KP is so essential to crush those habits.

Having the screen/roll action for them forces the movement and option taking (and simply makes it easier) that we didn't execute tonight. My hope is that the turnaround long twos by both or crab shuffle for baseline jumpers (a result of defense not having to react to penetration threats) are squashed when he returns. It's such a huge dimension that helps our stars save them from themselves.

Looking forward to finishing a weirdly glum series next game!!
Triple7
RealGM

Post#98 » by Triple7 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:26 am

PierceFan4ever wrote:I really feel like JT needs to add more to his game. There was a play early in the 4th, he went quick with the ball and got to the middle spot and fired a midrange no hesitation and it went in. Sometimes he’s just so slow with the ball having the defense set and dribble dribble only to take a difficult shot. Needs to work on playing faster just like any other star just so he can get to his spot quicker and have the defender moving their feet more. And this is mainly in close games. I don’t know why it’s Tatum isolation and everyone stands there. Maybe with KP there’s more to it but this can’t happen now.

He thinks too much. Also he should just take the face up jumpers, instead of those ugly turn around fadeaways.
tfmiii
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,267

Post#99 » by tfmiii » Tue May 14, 2024 3:28 am

Read on Twitter
Riverwalk2021
Sixth Man
And1: 1,918

Post#100 » by Riverwalk2021 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:28 am

This team's 4th Q offense is disgrace to basketball, and Celtic fans deserve better. I think my pet monkey could come up with more innovative offense than 2nd Row Joe.

Return to Boston Celtics