ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard! – (Re-signed: 4yrs/$30M)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,769

Re: Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard! – (Signs Extension: 4yrs/$30M) 

Post#781 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:03 pm

Shocking fact: Payton Pritchard is the 3rd longest tenured active Celtic.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,255

Post#783 » by Hal14 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:03 pm

Read on Twitter
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,255

Post#785 » by Hal14 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:24 pm

Other than a couple plays where he looked kind of bad defensively, he had an awesome preseason, to solidify himself as a top 8 rotation player on this team.

Excited to see him continue that momentum into the reg season. He's clearly a hard worker and plays hard when he's out there on the floor.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,897

Post#786 » by bucknersrevenge » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:27 pm

Hal14 wrote:Other than a couple plays where he looked kind of bad defensively, he had an awesome preseason, to solidify himself as a top 8 rotation player on this team.

Excited to see him continue that momentum into the reg season. He's clearly a hard worker and plays hard when he's out there on the floor.

Long way from our debate re: PP vs Yam Madar

I said then and it's still true now, Pritchard has earned the trust and respect of the Jay's. And with his evolution into a cogent playmaker and his feistiness on the defensive end, he's beginning to earn that trust and respect from the fans as well.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,220

Post#787 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Nov 7, 2023 10:12 am

He doesn't create any advantage with his aimless dribbling. Wish they stopped forcing him to be a PG.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,610

Post#788 » by 165bows » Tue Nov 7, 2023 1:07 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
Hal14 wrote:Other than a couple plays where he looked kind of bad defensively, he had an awesome preseason, to solidify himself as a top 8 rotation player on this team.

I said then and it's still true now, Pritchard has earned the trust and respect of the Jay's. And with his evolution into a cogent playmaker and his feistiness on the defensive end, he's beginning to earn that trust and respect from the fans as well.

Speaking of, seeing this thread get bumped you got me curious. Looks like Yam's had a pretty strong start this year, though his prior 3PT% hasn't been there at all yet. But pretty much everything else has been on a steady upward trajectory. Assists are up, TOs down, steal rate is great, scoring inside the arc is much improved.

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Yam-Madar/Summary/133147
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,897

Post#789 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue Nov 7, 2023 1:38 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:

And yet, I may have spoke too soon. 6 games in people are ready to launch our 7th man into the sun.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,545

Post#790 » by shackles10 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:25 pm

He can't even get a shot off in the lane this season. The aimless dribbling doesn't end well even if he makes his way into the paint if he can't finish. He is taller than this kid right??

BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,446

Post#791 » by BK_2020 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 3:16 pm

shackles10 wrote:He can't even get a shot off in the lane this season. The aimless dribbling doesn't end well even if he makes his way into the paint if he can't finish. He is taller than this kid right??

Defenses are baiting him into dribbling into the lane (and away from passing angles to Tatum). So what looks aimless to us is actually very purposeful from the opposing defenses' perspective.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,031

Post#792 » by jfs1000d » Tue Nov 7, 2023 3:33 pm

He’s pressing. Trying to do too much. Just okay your game PP. His performance early season is underwhelming. Relax. Ya got the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,220

Post#793 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:15 am

Read on Twitter

BK_2020 hates dogs confirmed.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,545

Post#794 » by shackles10 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:52 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

BK_2020 hates dogs confirmed.

If Jrue is right in his analogy this will now be my reaction whenever Pritchard gets into the paint...

hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,349

Post#795 » by hugepatsfan » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:32 am

The players seem to see something in Pritchard. The front office does. Sorry but I just don’t. He’s such a meh player for me. I just can’t identify anything he does particularly well. I guess he can handle the ball well enough as a second or third guy, but he’s no playmaker or anything. Can’t finish inside. Solid shooter over long sample size but being short and somewhat slow release prevents him from really being a true floor spacer. Defensively I think he does the press well and in size-appropriate matchups he holds his own but guys that are size-appropriate for him defensively is a pretty small subset of NBA players overall.

He’s an absolute menace on the offensive boards sometimes, that’s probably the best trait I’ve seen out of him.

I’m not saying he doesn’t belong in the NBA, but I don’t see anything that elevates him beyond a minimum salary guy at the very end of a regular season rotation or just outside of it. And I don’t see playoff rotation caliber at all.
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,279

Post#796 » by Parasite » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:01 pm

I’m going to trust Brad. He got rid of both Grant and Smart which were the correct moves. He brought in KP and Jrue which were the correct moves. Not at all thrilled with supermaxing Jaylen but I at least understand why he did it. I think PP is a fine backup pg. He doesn’t really do any one thing great, but I think he’s solid in just about everything.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,535

Post#797 » by Fierce1 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:06 pm

Parasite wrote:I’m going to trust Brad. He got rid of both Grant and Smart which were the correct moves. He brought in KP and Jrue which were the correct moves. Not at all thrilled with supermaxing Jaylen but I at least understand why he did it. I think PP is a fine backup pg. He doesn’t really do any one thing great, but I think he’s solid in just about everything.

One thing PP does well is shoot the ball.

PP just started slow this season.
But I think he'll get better as the season progresses.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#798 » by BK_2020 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:19 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Parasite wrote:I’m going to trust Brad. He got rid of both Grant and Smart which were the correct moves. He brought in KP and Jrue which were the correct moves. Not at all thrilled with supermaxing Jaylen but I at least understand why he did it. I think PP is a fine backup pg. He doesn’t really do any one thing great, but I think he’s solid in just about everything.

PP just started slow this season. b

He hasn't shot the ball well since the end of the 2021-22 regular season. He's never shot well in the playoffs.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,500

Post#799 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:11 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:

He hasn't shot the ball well since the end of the 2021-22 regular season. He's never shot well in the playoffs.

Not really surprising when you play sparingly. Not surprising that he shot the ball well last year when he played more then ten minutes. He also didn’t see real minutes until the Miami series. PP is the last of my worries when we’re considering the bench.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#800 » by BK_2020 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:11 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:One thing PP does well is shoot the ball.

Not really surprising when you play sparingly. Not surprising that he shot the ball well last year when he played more then ten minutes. He also didn’t see real minutes until the Miami series. PP is the last of my worries when we’re considering the bench.

He's not splaying sparingly now.

Return to Boston Celtics