ImageImageImage

Mike Gorman – Farewell Season, 2023-24

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 662

Re: Mike Gorman – Farewell Season, 2023-24 

Post#101 » by DelMonte West » Wed May 8, 2024 5:26 am

More than anyone I've ever heard on TV or radio, I dearly wish Mike would release a book or give an extended interview regarding his thoughts on some of the more divisive Celtics over the years, like Antoine in particular. On one night around 2002-ish IIRC, Walker was jacking up 3s during a home game and Mike goes, "Antoine is just killing his shooting percentage." It was such a frank, unfiltered thing to say coming from him, and I wish we could get more of his opinions on players over the decades. Given how he seems like such a polite person, it may be asking too much.

I do know for a fact he hated Nate Robinson, or at least prior to him joining the Celtics. There was a play Nate made while a member of the Knicks where he made a really bone-headed move, and he and Tommy went over it. I think it may have been a stat-pad ala Ricky Davis, but it was almost 15 years ago so I'm not sure. He also made it no secret that he never wanted Carmelo Anthony on our team.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,187

Re: Mike Gorman – Farewell Season, 2023-24 

Post#102 » by Bad-Thoma » Wed May 8, 2024 1:02 pm

DelMonte West wrote:More than anyone I've ever heard on TV or radio, I dearly wish Mike would release a book or give an extended interview regarding his thoughts on some of the more divisive Celtics over the years, like Antoine in particular. On one night around 2002-ish IIRC, Walker was jacking up 3s during a home game and Mike goes, "Antoine is just killing his shooting percentage." It was such a frank, unfiltered thing to say coming from him, and I wish we could get more of his opinions on players over the decades. Given how he seems like such a polite person, it may be asking too much.

I do know for a fact he hated Nate Robinson, or at least prior to him joining the Celtics. There was a play Nate made while a member of the Knicks where he made a really bone-headed move, and he and Tommy went over it. I think it may have been a stat-pad ala Ricky Davis, but it was almost 15 years ago so I'm not sure. He also made it no secret that he never wanted Carmelo Anthony on our team.

The quote about Melo that I remember was, "I wouldn't trade a bag of basketballs for him." It was an away game and it wasn't Tommy he was with, might have been the dark days of Donny Marshall.

Return to Boston Celtics