ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, JD Davison!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,081

Re: Welcome to Boston, JD Davison! 

Post#261 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Jul 2, 2023 11:36 am

Ed Pinkney wrote:Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but have they given Davidson the qualifying offer for next season? Or is there any talk of another contract yet?

They extended the qualifying offer. He's a restricted free agent. I think they bring him up.

Davison >>> Dame btw.
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,070

Post#262 » by Ed Pinkney » Sun Jul 2, 2023 11:58 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Ed Pinkney wrote:Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but have they given Davidson the qualifying offer for next season? Or is there any talk of another contract yet?

They extended the qualifying offer. He's a restricted free agent. I think they bring him up.

Davison >>> Dame btw.

Thanks, fella.
bigfoot_cryptozoology
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,294

Post#263 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Sun Jul 2, 2023 5:04 pm

Can't shoot, poor decision making and turnover prone means he has another season in Maine as a two-way player to work on
his weaknesses. If anyone expects Davison or Walsh to contribute anything meaningful this upcoming season, you're in for a rude
awakening...
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#264 » by cloverleaf » Sun Jul 2, 2023 5:41 pm

bigfoot_cryptozoology wrote:Can't shoot, poor decision making and turnover prone means he has another season in Maine as a two-way player to work on
his weaknesses. If anyone expects Davison or Walsh to contribute anything meaningful this upcoming season, you're in for a rude
awakening...

He came from a very small school with marginal coaching, but is still only 20 and averaged 8.7 assists per game in Maine last year -- with a 2.96 asst/TO ratio. The Boston C's don't have that natural a PG on their roster at this point and I think JD is incredibly promising.

Yeah, he was under .300 on 3s, but still was over 60% on TS%.

Of course he still has room to refine his decision-making, but I think he looked solid when we did get to see him in Boston in the latter part of the year.

They may want to keep him up in Maine some this season, but I hope it is at least with very regular time with the main team and on the court for them. I want him on the full roster maybe making some trips to Maine, rather than the opposite.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,402

Post#265 » by Homerclease » Sun Jul 2, 2023 11:05 pm

bigfoot_cryptozoology wrote:Can't shoot, poor decision making and turnover prone means he has another season in Maine as a two-way player to work on
awakening...

I’m actually impressed you formatted a post that’s easy to read.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#266 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Jul 9, 2023 10:50 am

31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,009

Post#267 » by 31to6 » Sun Jul 9, 2023 3:11 pm

Felt like JD was keeping his speed in the holster for the first three quarters against MIA. And substituting “hopping in place” for “making a move.”

Then he started to open it up in the 4th and that was reassuring. But he’s playing kind of — hunched? — was I just too distracted by his mane before to notice?
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#268 » by cloverleaf » Sun Jul 9, 2023 4:18 pm

31to6 wrote:Felt like JD was keeping his speed in the holster for the first three quarters against MIA. And substituting “hopping in place” for “making a move.”

Then he started to open it up in the 4th and that was reassuring. But he’s playing kind of — hunched? — was I just too distracted by his mane before to notice?

Did it seem as if his added bulk was slowing him down? It could well be that they're wanting him to slow it up a bit until his decision-making catches up, but the difference in his body is pretty dramatic.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,009

Post#269 » by 31to6 » Sun Jul 9, 2023 4:22 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
31to6 wrote:Felt like JD was keeping his speed in the holster for the first three quarters against MIA. And substituting “hopping in place” for “making a move.”

Did it seem as if his added bulk was slowing him down? It could well be that they're wanting him to slow it up a bit until his decision-making catches up, but the difference in his body is pretty dramatic.

I honestly didn't notice a difference in his mass -- has always seemed like a pleasantly-large guard prospect to me.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#270 » by cloverleaf » Sun Jul 9, 2023 4:38 pm

31to6 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

I honestly didn't notice a difference in his mass -- has always seemed like a pleasantly-large guard prospect to me.

I think he was quite a bit thinner, particularly in the lower torso, when he was drafted--and we saw him scooting around much faster last summer:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/alabama-freshman-jd-davison-declares-for-nba-draft/
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,164

Post#271 » by Hal14 » Sun Jul 9, 2023 5:21 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
31to6 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

I think he was quite a bit thinner, particularly in the lower torso, when he was drafted--and we saw him scooting around much faster last summer:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/alabama-freshman-jd-davison-declares-for-nba-draft/

It was a noon time start in Vegas, a big party city, with the entire basketball world there (so tons of people to party with) so who knows, he may have just been moving a little sluggish because of that..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#272 » by cloverleaf » Sun Jul 9, 2023 5:23 pm

Hal14 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
31to6 wrote:

It was a noon time start in Vegas, a big party city, with the entire basketball world there (so tons of people to party with) so who knows, he may have just been moving a little sluggish because of that..

Plus that burrito buffet the night before...
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#273 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:28 am

He doesn't seem ready. Especially not on a team with title aspirations.
Read on Twitter

Garbanzo
Junior
And1: 398

Post#274 » by Garbanzo » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:49 am

This is why I don't understand this SL roster
No players who can contribute this year, and if we are searching for talent.. practice time is better than SL games

I really wanted to see Madar in boston, even though I am very happy with the Banton signing
Just think we needed one floor general on the roster
Davison is not ready, Pritch is a scorer PG and may be moved, Banton is a guard and not a floor general as well
SLCceltic
Veteran
And1: 1,707

Post#275 » by SLCceltic » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:06 am

Sorry JD fans, but he still sucks
he is no real threat bc he simply cannot finish or shoot and in both games he has been an awful playmaker in crunch time, turning it over

He looks worse to me going into year 2
ROYALGREEN
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#276 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:35 pm

cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#277 » by cloverleaf » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:25 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:

Sounds like a good guy.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,164

Post#278 » by Hal14 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:06 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:

Sounds like a good guy.

Definitely. Any interview I've seen, he seems like a good dude, humble, wholesome. Seems like a dude who just wants to hoop and do his best out there. I wish him nothing but the best, whether it's in Boston or elsewhere down the road..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#279 » by darrendaye » Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:56 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#280 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:30 am

Read on Twitter

23/6/9 the previous game.

Return to Boston Celtics