ImageImageImage

Hause it going to go with Hauser

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,665

Re: Hause it going to go with Hauser – Signed to 3yrs w/Celtics 

Post#361 » by Parliament10 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:56 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Congratulations to the Hausers!!!
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,641

Post#362 » by 165bows » Mon Oct 2, 2023 11:37 am

Well time to unleash the Hauwitser.

See if he's up for being 7th man on a title contender.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 6,976

Post#363 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Mon Oct 2, 2023 12:15 pm

165bows wrote:Well time to unleash the Hauwitser.

See if he's up for being 7th man on a title contender.

I’m hoping he gets a lot of minutes. I really believe in him as a legit playoff rotation piece with the space he should get with the starters.

His stroke is so pure, he’s smart and become an ok defender.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,999

Post#364 » by cl2117 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 1:11 pm

Hauser played 80 games last season and had the 8th most total minutes. He's totally being slept on as a rotation player overall.

I'd go as far as to say he's the 7th guy after the core 6 that we keep talking about after the Holiday trade. The question is whether he can find his way into the playoff rotation but he's without a doubt a rotation piece for the regular season.

His defense is going to be the limiting factor but he made serious strides last year. Teams regularly tried to isolate on him and attack and it felt like more often than not he really did hold his own. If he can keep that up he should be a playoff rotation piece because on the other end of the floor he's going to feast with the number of looks created by the rest of the roster. Put him out there with any combo of 4 out of the 5 starters and he can camp out and make teams pay for double teams, along with everyone else out there.

Shooting well over 40% from three on over 4 attempts a game and likely to get even more open looks now? He can be what Vincent, Strus and Duncan Robinson have been for the Heat the last few years. Absolute weapon.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,591

Post#365 » by shackles10 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 2:11 pm

cl2117 wrote:Hauser played 80 games last season and had the 8th most total minutes. He's totally being slept on as a rotation player overall.

I'd go as far as to say he's the 7th guy after the core 6 that we keep talking about after the Holiday trade. The question is whether he can find his way into the playoff rotation but he's without a doubt a rotation piece for the regular season.

8th most in total, but 10th in per game with Muscala being a late addition and Rob being the Part-TimeLord so didn't play enough games. It's a fair consideration though that he could just slide into the 7th or 8th slot, and last year is proof of it. Smart's minutes spot is filled by Holiday, Brogdon's by Porzingis, and Grant is gone so a chance for him to move up. We've got guys on that team that should allow him to feast and get tons of open looks. On the other hand we've added Stevens, Svi, Brissett, and Walsh so he could stay at 8th or slide down a slot or 2 as 3 of those guys are better defenders and one is a shooter as well but more playmaking.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,220

Post#366 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:42 pm

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,366

Post#367 » by hugepatsfan » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:49 pm

I'm very confident in Hauser "emerging" this year. Not saying he's going to be a star or anything, but I whole-heartedly believe in his potential to be a playoff rotation caliber bench wing.

We have a clear top 6 with Tatum/Brown/Holiday/Porzingis/White/Horford. People talk about the rest of the roster like one big hodge-podge, but I think Hauser is the clear, runaway 7th best player. I have him in a tier of his own above the rest of the roster. His combination of knockdown shooting, off-ball cutting and potential to be "passable" defensively will make him the clear candidate for the 7th man spot.

I think Pritchard will be a very passable 8th man for the regular season too. I'm still concerned his lack of height will always leave him a liability in playoff basketball that can be iso-centric. I think he will be fine in the regular season but come playoff time, they'll have to drop him from consistent minutes and just stagger Holiday/White rest minutes so one of them can always be out there at PG and find another wing/forward to take the rotation spot.

So maybe I'm too high on Hauser, but I'm confident enough that I'm not worried about our 7th man. I still think we need to have a guy emerge as the 8th man though, and someone who will be able to hold onto that spot for the playoffs.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,999

Post#368 » by cl2117 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:01 pm

shackles10 wrote:
cl2117 wrote:Hauser played 80 games last season and had the 8th most total minutes. He's totally being slept on as a rotation player overall.

8th most in total, but 10th in per game with Muscala being a late addition and Rob being the Part-TimeLord so didn't play enough games. It's a fair consideration though that he could just slide into the 7th or 8th slot, and last year is proof of it. Smart's minutes spot is filled by Holiday, Brogdon's by Porzingis, and Grant is gone so a chance for him to move up. We've got guys on that team that should allow him to feast and get tons of open looks. On the other hand we've added Stevens, Svi, Brissett, and Walsh so he could stay at 8th or slide down a slot or 2 as 3 of those guys are better defenders and one is a shooter as well but more playmaking.

Fair point on the per game stat, but still 80 games is a pretty strong indication that he's ready/destined for rotation minutes. Even when he was going through cold stretches they still gave him a little run and eventually the ship righted itself.

I will say our interest in Svi was surprising to me given the overlap with Sam. They aren't exactly the same archetype, but pretty damn close with Svi being the better playmaker and Sam the better shooter.

Maybe I shouldn't be as bullish given that move, but I boarded the hype train long ago and I'm just going to be shovelling coal into the engine until it comes off the tracks.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#369 » by shackles10 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:11 pm

cl2117 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

Fair point on the per game stat, but still 80 games is a pretty strong indication that he's ready/destined for rotation minutes. Even when he was going through cold stretches they still gave him a little run and eventually the ship righted itself.

I will say our interest in Svi was surprising to me given the overlap with Sam. They aren't exactly the same archetype, but pretty damn close with Svi being the better playmaker and Sam the better shooter.

Maybe I shouldn't be as bullish given that move, but I boarded the hype train long ago and I'm just going to be shovelling coal into the engine until it comes off the tracks.

We don't have a ton of history with Joe, but he does seem like someone who goes with what he's familiar with if he's got a choice. 7 thru end of the bench are fairly close so Sam might get the nod for that alone and it be his spot to lose. Not to derail, but sometimes I wonder if that's why Rob wasn't integrated in as much once he came back as much as we all speculated on it being Rob's lack of offense.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,366

Post#370 » by hugepatsfan » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:18 pm

cl2117 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

When you're talking about partially guaranteed vet minimum signings made weeks before training camp, I'd hesitate to read too much into what their signing indicates about how the team feels about the rest of its roster. More often than not, I think those type of signings are made without much further thought than just trying to land a guy you think is good enough to make it. There's some positional consideration as you need to make sure you have a full depth chart at the different positions, but overall for the last rotation spots and 3rd unit you just want someone that's good enough to play if you need them to.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#371 » by shackles10 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:25 pm

hugepatsfan wrote:
cl2117 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

When you're talking about partially guaranteed vet minimum signings made weeks before training camp, I'd hesitate to read too much into what their signing indicates about how the team feels about the rest of its roster. More often than not, I think those type of signings are made without much further thought than just trying to land a guy you think is good enough to make it. There's some positional consideration as you need to make sure you have a full depth chart at the different positions, but overall for the last rotation spots and 3rd unit you just want someone that's good enough to play if you need them to.

Fair enough, and while I don't think what you said is untrue anymore, it is beginning to be less the case than it used to be with such discrepancy in salaries from top to bottom and so many minimum salaries players now. I think in 2 years it'll be even less true, but you're right we might be jumping the gun some in 2023.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,296

Post#372 » by Hal14 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 5:43 pm

shackles10 wrote:

Yeah, that's fair.

There's a chance he locks up that 7th man spot and has an awesome year, proving to be one of the better 7th men in the league.

There's also a chance that he slides down and some of those guys you mentioned (and possibly Pritchard too) could pass him and he slides down to be like the 9th or 10th man, or even 11th.

I think the first scenario is more likely. But if the 2nd scenario happens, it probably means that some of those other guys played *really* well to earn those minutes and pass Hauser on the depth chart - in which case, the team still benefits.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#373 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Oct 4, 2023 1:26 pm

Hauser has the 6th highest 3FG% (minimum 150 makes) among active players behind Joe Harris, Kennard, the Currys, and Bane.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,466

Post#374 » by fallguy » Wed Oct 4, 2023 1:56 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:Hauser has the 6th highest 3FG% (minimum 150 makes) among active players behind Joe Harris, Kennard, the Currys, and Bane.

Excited to see if we run a play for him this season. Even once.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 19,017

Post#375 » by playa-hater » Wed Oct 4, 2023 2:37 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:Hauser has the 6th highest 3FG% (minimum 150 makes) among active players behind Joe Harris, Kennard, the Currys, and Bane.

Now imagine what that could be if Hauser actually gets a steady role??
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,297

Post#376 » by 31to6 » Wed Oct 4, 2023 2:56 pm

playa-hater wrote:

Now imagine what that could be if Hauser actually gets a steady role??

Sam is one of the best values in the league with $1.9M this year and $2.1M next.
Unlike Pritchard, he is a guy I hope they can consider extending (while acknowledging they may not be able to -- he'll likely be due a significant pay day)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#377 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Oct 7, 2023 11:48 am

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 92,376

Post#378 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:04 pm

Two-game slump is thankfully over. Now we can all sleep soundly at night.

Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,296

Post#379 » by Hal14 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:40 pm

He could stand to speed the release up a little bit. But man, such a smooth looking shot, with nice, smooth transfer of energy as he goes up with it.

His defense has been decent in preseason so far, too.

It seems like Pritchard and Hauser are looking to lock up those 7th man and 8th man spots..

Read on Twitter
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
steefP2
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,721

Post#380 » by steefP2 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:51 pm

Very encouraged with Sam’s defensive progress and some of the passing. He’s going from surviving on defense to being an active cog in the machine. Get like 10-15% better at doing stuff after closeouts and we’re really cooking. One thing he can learn from Svi is seeing how he pitches it to a big quickly and sprints into his shot off a hand off. If Hauser can play at a slightly more intense speed, it’ll help his playoff viability a ton.

Return to Boston Celtics