ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 3

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,220

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 3 

Post#81 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:26 pm

Stay safe to our Celtics fam in the Philippines. This typhoon be cray-cray. Let your pets in if you have them outside. Bring them with you if you can if you're evacuating.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,779

Post#82 » by Romeiro Celtic » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:08 pm

Well, this has to be one of the best pop songs that was ever made and the lyrics are so easy to relate, everyone has been through it.
Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#83 » by jmr07019 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:58 pm

ryan in Maine wrote:

A Billy Stings video! I'm not a bluegrass guy but I LOVE jam music and have been hearing Billy's name a lot. Def a talented dude.

You should check out Goose if you're not familiar

Show Love Spread Love
jmr07019
General Manager

Post#84 » by jmr07019 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:05 pm

Two albums I've been listening to a lot lately. First is a shape of sound by opiuo. Very upbeat, high energy stuff. Great for lifting, running or turning up with your friends. Here's my favorite track off of it.

Next is "Welcome to Tripp St" by Tripp St. This is more downtempo / spacey / trip hop type stuff. Here's a song off the album and I'll add that with both these albums you really need some sort of speaker with bass. My work laptop speakers do not cut it.

Show Love Spread Love
jmr07019
General Manager

Post#85 » by jmr07019 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:40 pm

Dahmer doc was good and I'm not into serial killers the way other people are. Obviously it's a heavy show to watch but I was glad I did.

Spoiler:
Sad to see how he tried to reach out to his parents multiple times and they ignored them and then how that ate away (pardon the pun :wink:) at his father (as it should) once the whole story broke loose. Glad he ended up 6' under though. He definetly doesn't deserve to be breathing air. Seeing him kill the deaf dude was the saddest part for me. One glimmer of hope or so the show made it seem but killers gonna kill I guess.

Show Love Spread Love
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,529

Post#86 » by canman1971 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:16 pm

jmr07019 wrote:Dahmer doc was good and I'm not into serial killers the way other people are. Obviously it's a heavy show to watch but I was glad I did.

Spoiler:
Sad to see how he tried to reach out to his parents multiple times and they ignored them and then how that ate away (pardon the pun :wink:) at his father (as it should) once the whole story broke loose. Glad he ended up 6' under though. He definetly doesn't deserve to be breathing air. Seeing him kill the deaf dude was the saddest part for me. One glimmer of hope or so the show made it seem but killers gonna kill I guess.

Yeah, definitely heavy. One of my curiosities is I went to school in Wisconsin from '91-'94 and one of my English professors lived in the building next door to him. Said he'd see him from time to time and said he'd just say hello and he was very reserved. Crazy to think I was an hour from that nut (Sheboygan).

Also, started Devil in Ohio, which has been solid so far. Only 4 episodes in.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,468

Post#87 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:09 pm

Oh ****

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=lvqrhGMFJswLW7f79VudYg
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,519

Post#88 » by bisme37 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:32 pm

House of the Dragon... Hopefully she will win me over but I was disappointed in the new (older) Rhaenyra. I wasn't very familiar with Milly Alcock but I thought she was amazing as young Rhaenyra and brought some real star power to the screen. She had a magnetic spirit about her that made me interested in the character. She and Matt Smith were the stars of the show for me.

The new gal is just boring in comparison and she doesn't seem like a badass dragon rider who is in line to take the throne. Doesn't even seem like the same character. I'm still into the show but I feel like it lost talent and a level of overall spark and interest overnight.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,529

Post#89 » by canman1971 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:28 pm

bisme37 wrote:House of the Dragon... Hopefully she will win me over but I was disappointed in the new (older) Rhaenyra. I wasn't very familiar with Milly Alcock but I thought she was amazing as young Rhaenyra and brought some real star power to the screen. She had a magnetic spirit about her that made me interested in the character. She and Matt Smith were the stars of the show for me.

The new gal is just boring in comparison and she doesn't seem like a badass dragon rider who is in line to take the throne. Doesn't even seem like the same character. I'm still into the show but I feel like it lost talent and a level of overall spark and interest overnight.

I liked it, but haven't been able to get past the 2nd episode. I don't know if it is the show, or I have a lot going on. I am sure will get to it at some point.
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,084

Post#90 » by Ed Pinkney » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:07 am

I have only watched the first series of Game of Thrones (and none of House of the Dragon), but for anyone else who has read the books, do we think Winds of Winter will ever be released? I have my doubts to be honest. And I can see why, with the TV series going past the fifth book and stealing the thunder of any of his big plot reveals, Martin may have lost the desire to finish it and keep working on these other projects instead.
jmr07019
General Manager

Post#91 » by jmr07019 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:57 am

canman1971 wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:Dahmer doc was good and I'm not into serial killers the way other people are. Obviously it's a heavy show to watch but I was glad I did.

Spoiler:

Yeah, definitely heavy. One of my curiosities is I went to school in Wisconsin from '91-'94 and one of my English professors lived in the building next door to him. Said he'd see him from time to time and said he'd just say hello and he was very reserved. Crazy to think I was an hour from that nut (Sheboygan).

Also, started Devil in Ohio, which has been solid so far. Only 4 episodes in.

I watched that too. Similar vibe. Heavy but enlightening and keeps your attention.
Show Love Spread Love
jmr07019
General Manager

Post#92 » by jmr07019 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:02 am

bisme37 wrote:House of the Dragon... Hopefully she will win me over but I was disappointed in the new (older) Rhaenyra. I wasn't very familiar with Milly Alcock but I thought she was amazing as young Rhaenyra and brought some real star power to the screen. She had a magnetic spirit about her that made me interested in the character. She and Matt Smith were the stars of the show for me.

Spin-offs like these seem like a money grab more than anything else to me. Also the fact that the last season sucked didn’t help. They got 7 season out of it. It was a good run.
Show Love Spread Love
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#93 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:10 am

Young actress was great. But remember, older version is in a very precarious position with a Queen who has it out for her and her children by extension. There were moments of her being badass during that meeting but she has to couch it to an extent. I personally feel like Allicent’s turn from friend to hater was far too abrupt and way too severe and THAT is what is turning me off a bit. She went from disgusted by her maybe sleeping with her uncle then when it turns out she slept with her guardsman instead which isn’t as big of a deal she loses it and now wants her dead? Very unrealistic imo
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,897

Post#94 » by bucknersrevenge » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:04 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:

Young actress was great. But remember, older version is in a very precarious position with a Queen who has it out for her and her children by extension. There were moments of her being badass during that meeting but she has to couch it to an extent. I personally feel like Allicent’s turn from friend to hater was far too abrupt and way too severe and THAT is what is turning me off a bit. She went from disgusted by her maybe sleeping with her uncle then when it turns out she slept with her guardsman instead which isn’t as big of a deal she loses it and now wants her dead? Very unrealistic imo

Don't forget that some of these changes are considered an evolution over time. Many years in fact with this most recent time jump. So I can see it with Alicent. If she feels like nobody has been in her corner over the last decade...
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,519

Post#95 » by bisme37 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:52 pm

jmr07019 wrote:

Spin-offs like these seem like a money grab more than anything else to me. Also the fact that the last season sucked didn’t help. They got 7 season out of it. It was a good run.

I was ready for it to be a crappy money grab but I've really been enjoying it. Honestly I think it pulled me in even faster than GOT.

The last episode was just jarring because 10 years had passed and suddenly two of the main characters were being played by different actresses. And my initial take is one of them is a substantial downgrade. But others seems to think she's fine and have more issue with the other one. So I dunno haha, maybe we all just need to reserve judgment for a few more weeks.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#96 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:14 pm

I will watch HOD but was in no rush. The way things ended on GOT really make my desire to see more of that universe pretty small tbh. I’ve heard really good things and plan on binging season 1 soon now that’s it’s almost done but in the back end of my mind I’ll probably always say

“Yeah but all this **** just leads to that at the end”
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,583

Post#97 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:45 pm

Read on Twitter

What Mo said. To everyone else who's in the path of the hurricane.
jmr07019
General Manager

Post#98 » by jmr07019 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:33 pm

I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had

I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very, very
Mad world..... mad world

Have had this song in my head all week and it's really a great tune. Most popular version of the song above. Below is a version by one of my favorite bands. Much more uptempo below with a dancy 4 on the floor beat / jam to open and a ripping guitar solo to close it out

Show Love Spread Love
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,468

Post#99 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:45 am

Noooooooooo

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=hFFky8u0iuJBKHoPU0M-3w
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#100 » by StojkoVrankovic » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:59 am

Cancelling Shane only made him stronger, kid is going to be big time. this appears to be a few months old.

(edit) got taken down, my bad
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14

Return to Boston Celtics