ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston Blake Griffin – (Retires April 16, 2024)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,614

Re: Welcome to Boston Blake Griffin! 

Post#201 » by 165bows » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:19 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:Who's better: Current Blake Griffin or peak Brian Scalabrine?

I lean to Griffin, based on both stats and the eye test.

And yes, this is a serious comparison.
-- Griffin's body went from one extreme to the other, and he's now at Scal-level athleticism, in bad and good ways alike.
-- Nobody would want Griffin on their roster now if they didn't think he was a smart, gritty player; the same, of course, was always true of Scal.

Better ball handler for sure - Blake's always been underrated for his ballhandling skills as a big. Scal on his best day couldn't handle or pass like Blake can now.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#202 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:03 pm

Blake’s athletic ability is greatly depleted and his lift is gone but he will have 1 or 2 nice dunks this season that scal could never do
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 9,004

Post#203 » by sam_I_am » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:52 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:Blake’s athletic ability is greatly depleted and his lift is gone but he will have 1 or 2 nice dunks this season that scal could never do

Blake’s statistics last year would have been Scalabrine’s career best.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Post#204 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:01 pm

Considering it was Blake's first game playing 5 on 5 since getting swept last season, I'd say he did pretty well for himself.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,212

Post#205 » by 31to6 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:13 pm

165bows wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:Who's better: Current Blake Griffin or peak Brian Scalabrine?

-- Griffin's body went from one extreme to the other, and he's now at Scal-level athleticism, in bad and good ways alike.
-- Nobody would want Griffin on their roster now if they didn't think he was a smart, gritty player; the same, of course, was always true of Scal.

Better ball handler for sure - Blake's always been underrated for his ballhandling skills as a big. Scal on his best day couldn't handle or pass like Blake can now.

Amazing question, Fencer! Good thing Danny’s not here to give Blake a 10 year deal:) Also: I hope the answer is Blake but we’ll see!
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#206 » by 165bows » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:25 pm

31to6 wrote:
165bows wrote:

Amazing question, Fencer! Good thing Danny’s not here to give Blake a 10 year deal:) Also: I hope the answer is Blake but we’ll see!

I did look up it out of curiousity - Blake's year last year smoked every single peak of Scal's entire career, outside of a couple seasons of 3PT% where Scal was hot from deep.

Real question, is current year Blake closer to Scal than he is to peak Blake Griffin. But will the limp-wristed reporters be bold enough to ask such a question of either one????!?!?!???
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,305

Post#207 » by djFan71 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:17 am

steefP2 wrote:I’d take Blake over scal

I think he means playing not commentating, if that changes your opinion.
steefP2
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,711

Post#208 » by steefP2 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:18 am

djFan71 wrote:
steefP2 wrote:I’d take Blake over scal

I think he means playing not commentating, if that changes your opinion.

Both. Pretty sure Blake would be less of a condescending prick to Abby
SLCceltic
Analyst
And1: 1,764

Post#209 » by SLCceltic » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:54 am

ya I get he ain't prime Blake but he looked SLow ! and out of place ...to be perfectly fair it is the preseason and he did not play with ANY urgency, so maybe when the games start to count we will see it all ratcheted up a few more notches
....he just cannot be this heavy and busted at 32 !!
ROYALGREEN
SLCceltic
Analyst
And1: 1,764

Post#210 » by SLCceltic » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:01 am

another big definitely OTW !!
defender, rebounder can body up with Embiid ...hopefully can run a lil RWIII freesafety, guard multiple positions
ROYALGREEN
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Post#211 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:21 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Read on Twitter
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,468

Post#212 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:21 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Read on Twitter

Man he ******* hates the nets lol.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,462

Post#213 » by Shak_Celts » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:32 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Read on Twitter

fluff me any time with this stuff, I don't care if it's true or not, I BELIEVE!!!

NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,817

Post#214 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:26 am

Read on Twitter

This is obviously a dig at his former teammates Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson during his Detroit days.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,380

Post#215 » by chrisab123 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:00 pm

165bows wrote:

Peak White Mamba spread the floor like no ones business.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,244

Post#216 » by Darthlukey » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:46 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
165bows wrote:

I do remember his final year with the nets. Kidd did make him look good (kidds speciality)
Bostondave
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#217 » by Bostondave » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:31 am

Wonder if he'll play middle/inside game. You know that old fashioned notion of doing what a power forward used to do. Is supposed to do. Nah, probably not. He'll want to post up on the 3 and join everyone else in hoisting up 3's. Sigh.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#218 » by 165bows » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:03 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
165bows wrote:

Yeah it’s crazy. I mentioned it up thread but Scal had a crazy peak from deep even though over the course of his career he wasn’t much of a shooter from deep at all. But man for a year or two he was lit.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,468

Post#219 » by Feed Your Head » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:38 pm

Bostondave wrote:Wonder if he'll play middle/inside game. You know that old fashioned notion of doing what a power forward used to do. Is supposed to do. Nah, probably not. He'll want to post up on the 3 and join everyone else in hoisting up 3's. Sigh.

sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 9,004

Post#220 » by sam_I_am » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:56 pm

The Comedian wrote:
Bostondave wrote:Wonder if he'll play middle/inside game. You know that old fashioned notion of doing what a power forward used to do. Is supposed to do. Nah, probably not. He'll want to post up on the 3 and join everyone else in hoisting up 3's. Sigh.

Hilarious.

Return to Boston Celtics