ImageImageImage

Luke "Green Kornet" Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,237

Re: Luke 

Post#221 » by Parasite » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:51 pm

jfs1000d wrote:Kornet is fine. He is the 3rd center on the team. He is a 10 minute a game guy max. He is a zero minute playoff guy. Why are we so worried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. He’s a fine regular season player. Im not sure what the big deal is. People say “well we have better options”. Do we? I honestly don’t think so. Nobody proven, that’s for sure. He knows the system. That’s big for a bench player. And he’s a great locker room guy. I will say he’s looked pretty rough so far, but it’s been 3 games. Let’s pump the brakes a bit.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,001

Re: Luke "Green Kornet" Thread 

Post#222 » by Parliament10 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:59 pm

jirrit wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
jirrit wrote:
He's not rotation worthy and don't see what they keep seeing in him.

:lol:

is that some kinda grammar mistake or what am I missing?

Looks OK. I understand you.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,088

Post#223 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:29 am

There's still room on our way to Kornet Island.

Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,070

Post#224 » by Fierce1 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:38 am

Kornet can play against small ball teams.

Like against the Nets, there was no overpowering big man that Kornet had to cover.

Kornet has problems with those overpowering bigs.
bigfoot_cryptozoology
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,294

Post#225 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:23 pm

Via slamminsammya

Good Things About Kornet

- Defending the rim. Last year guys shot 6.5% under expected against him at the rim. That is in the "very good rim protector" echelon.
- Finishing at the hoop. He has soft hands and does a nice job when guys get him the ball with an opening.
- Setting screens. He was #1 on the team in screen assists last year per 36 minutes (besides Vonleh who I don't count).
- Boxing out. Led the team in box outs per 36 last year.
- Getting rebounds. 2nd on the team last year in OREB% only to Timelord.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,986

Post#226 » by jfs1000d » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:33 pm

Kornet is a cheap option, is always ready, high energy, doesn’t complain, has size.

Y’all expecting too much out of bench players. He is at his ceiling. Can he br improved upon? Yes. But at what cost? That’s the issue.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,009

Post#227 » by 31to6 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:35 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:There's still room on our way to Kornet Island.

I am on the slides, reviewing Luke's fairly-strong advanced #s from last season.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,607

Post#228 » by playa-hater » Sun Nov 5, 2023 4:50 pm

we are all Guilty of overreacting when players we like or don't like perform. Whatever. But Kornet may not be as bad as some believe or as good as some hope. In a nutshell, happy he played well. But thinking he is getting a little to much buy on his stock right now.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,534

Post#229 » by 165bows » Sun Nov 5, 2023 4:55 pm

playa-hater wrote:we are all Guilty of overreacting when players we like or don't like perform. Whatever. But Kornet may not be as bad as some believe or as good as some hope. In a nutshell, happy he played well. But thinking he is getting a little to much buy on his stock right now.

The real question is where does the team need an upgrade most, back court or front court.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#230 » by playa-hater » Sun Nov 5, 2023 5:23 pm

165bows wrote:
playa-hater wrote:we are all Guilty of overreacting when players we like or don't like perform. Whatever. But Kornet may not be as bad as some believe or as good as some hope. In a nutshell, happy he played well. But thinking he is getting a little to much buy on his stock right now.

The real question is where does the team need an upgrade most, back court or front court.

backcourt has D White Jrue who can rotate the PG position If PP stinks it up. Rotating Brown with them will always have at least one PG type. So I say it's Wing or center. Hauser or Brissett may not be a great Bench forward come playoffs. But Still worry more about Al and/or KP being out and causing Luke to play too much...
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,158

Post#231 » by chakdaddy » Sun Nov 5, 2023 8:15 pm

Parasite wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:Kornet is fine. He is the 3rd center on the team. He is a 10 minute a game guy max. He is a zero minute playoff guy. Why are we so worried?

Exactly. He’s a fine regular season player. Im not sure what the big deal is. People say “well we have better options”. Do we? I honestly don’t think so. Nobody proven, that’s for sure. He knows the system. That’s big for a bench player. And he’s a great locker room guy. I will say he’s looked pretty rough so far, but it’s been 3 games. Let’s pump the brakes a bit.

The concern is...he's the 3rd center when the 1st and 2nd centers are injury prone, 37 yo being load managed (after running out of gas in next year's playoffs), and sometime play in the same lineup. We need a legit 3rd rotation big / spot starter.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,699

Post#232 » by return2glory » Sun Nov 5, 2023 10:05 pm

chakdaddy wrote:
Parasite wrote:

The concern is...he's the 3rd center when the 1st and 2nd centers are injury prone, 37 yo being load managed (after running out of gas in next year's playoffs), and sometime play in the same lineup. We need a legit 3rd rotation big / spot starter.

I think we have that, though they are unproven. I think Queta is ready for that spot as a 3rd center. Nathan Knight was solid too. But need a chance at playing time. Kornet is decent as well.

It's going to be rare for us to go double big this season for most parts of the game. We have about 25-30 minutes available at the back up center and PF position. Al is going to get most of that when he is coming off the bench.

Last night, I felt like Joe should have gone with the starting 5 of Jrue, Brown, Stevens, Tatum and KP. It's not like we took advantage of Al's height down low. We gave up too many open 3s and struggled in the 1st quarter. Stevens would have helped guarding the 3rd and giving up energy.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,699

Post#233 » by return2glory » Sun Nov 5, 2023 10:09 pm

chakdaddy wrote:
Parasite wrote:

I think we have that, though they are unproven. I think Queta is ready for that spot as a 3rd center. Nathan Knight was solid too. But need a chance at playing time. Kornet is decent as well.

It's going to be rare for us to go double big this season for most parts of the game. We have about 25-30 minutes available at the back up center and PF position. Al is going to get most of that when he is coming off the bench. If one of KP or Al is out, that's about 55-60 minutes available at C and PF. With KP/Al and Kornet, Queta, Brissett and Stevens, 55-60 minutes is covered. Stevens can defend PFs and some centers.

Last night, I felt like Joe should have gone with the starting 5 of Jrue, Brown, Stevens, Tatum and KP. It's not like we took advantage of Al's height down low. We gave up too many open 3s and struggled in the 1st quarter. Stevens would have helped guarding the 3rd and giving up energy.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,437

Post#234 » by shackles10 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 1:29 am

Kornet played well last game no doubt. Come collect your flowers Lucas… you earned them.
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,526

Post#235 » by snowman » Mon Nov 6, 2023 1:15 pm

I'm willing to admit that Kornet had a good game, but just how many teams are going to trot out 6'9 centers? We have an open roster spot, I still say sign Queta now, and keep Kornet. We can use both. Then if a player becomes available that we like before Jan 10th, then release one of the non-guaranteed players to open up a slot or sign them (if they are eligible) to the 2-way slot opened up by signing Queta. We don't need any more wings; we can't even get Stevens any minutes as it is. I would look for another point guard for the opened 2-way slot because I have my concerns about Davison and if he is going to pan out.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,948

Post#236 » by BK_2020 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 1:40 pm

Maybe Stevens doesn't get minutes because he isn't very good.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#237 » by playa-hater » Mon Nov 6, 2023 6:57 pm

BK_2020 wrote:Maybe Stevens doesn't get minutes because he isn't very good.

There is enough game footage from Stevens' career and Brisett's to at least consider them at similar levels. But I give the nod the Stevens for being a better defender and better at being a DAWG. I say Boston should at least take the look.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,948

Post#238 » by BK_2020 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 6:58 pm

playa-hater wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:Maybe Stevens doesn't get minutes because he isn't very good.

There is enough game footage from Stevens' career and Brisett's to at least consider them at similar levels. But I give the nod the Stevens for being a better defender and better at being a DAWG. I say Boston should at least take the look.

Tonight's game might feature Kornet AND Stevens heavily.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,088

Post#239 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:07 pm

Read on Twitter
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,526

Post#240 » by snowman » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:37 pm

Man "eating crow" doesn't taste very good, but glad to do it. I started off wanted Kornet gone all together. Then I wanted to bench him and add Queta to be the third big. Now I think he has made a good step forward. I have been impressed with him as a third big. I still want to add Queta, but as our 4th big, to go against the bigger 5's in the league.

Return to Boston Celtics