ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Kristaps Porzingis!

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,778

Re: Welcome to Boston, Kristaps Porzingis! 

Post#81 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:03 am

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#82 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:12 am

People really have very different definitions of "interesting" haha.
Read on Twitter
Bostondave
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#83 » by Bostondave » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:37 am

I think I like it. IF.....IF....they use him right. Use his skills and size the right way. The fundamentally basketball sound way. I know that wouldn't excite the short attention span kids that learned basketball from videogames. They'd think that's boring and want him to get the rebound, bring the ball up, and set up the offense and go to some spot around the 3pt line and wait for a pass to jack up a 3.
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 662

Post#84 » by DelMonte West » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:34 am

I just like the fact that we've significantly upgraded our bigs. Robert Williams needs to step up his game and Horford isn't getting any younger. Grant doesn't count to me since he's undersized and jumps about as high as Jared Sullinger (current).
steefP2
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,705

Post#85 » by steefP2 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:23 am

Tremendously skilled, not just a sheet shooter. Can make pull-ups, step backs and shots off the dribble from anywhere on the court. Also unlike Al, takes 3 from way deep, should provide more space. Underrated passer too. Improved a ton in toughness and grit in recent years. Actually a decent rebounder now and also draws a good amount of fouls for a big. Finally someone besides Tatum who can get to the line
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#86 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:54 am

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#87 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:00 am

Officially official.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#88 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:12 am

Read on Twitter
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,108

Post#89 » by La Flame » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:57 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:People really have very different definitions of "interesting" haha.
Read on Twitter

That's exactly how it was for me :lol:
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#90 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:01 am

La Flame wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:People really have very different definitions of "interesting" haha.
Read on Twitter

Are you from Latvia? How many m Cs Latvian fans do you know regularly post on here?
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,108

Post#91 » by La Flame » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:12 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
La Flame wrote:
Read on Twitter

Are you from Latvia? How many m Cs Latvian fans do you know regularly post on here?

From Estonia, that's right next to Latvia. No clue about that mate. :)
dans1230
Rookie
And1: 1,171

Post#92 » by dans1230 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:24 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:instantly becomes our 2nd best player and gives us a legit Big Three. And we become more likable in the process. Huge day for the Celtics. Whether it helps bring a championship remains to be seen. The Jays will determine that

Brown is a better player than Porzingis, he will be our 3rd best player which i think is the role hes best suited for. I think his scoring will drop by necessity, but his efficiency to improve.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#93 » by cloverleaf » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:44 am

dans1230 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:instantly becomes our 2nd best player and gives us a legit Big Three. And we become more likable in the process. Huge day for the Celtics. Whether it helps bring a championship remains to be seen. The Jays will determine that

Brown is a better player than Porzingis, he will be our 3rd best player which i think is the role hes best suited for. I think his scoring will drop by necessity, but his efficiency to improve.

Porzi is so much better than Brown at this point on BBIQ, passing, defense, consistency and size it's not IMO even close, especially for what the C's need. He will be able to actually play with Tatum (and Brown) and make Tatum's (and Brown's) job easier.

Last year Porzi had a 27.4% for a .627 TS%. Compare that to Brown's .581 TS% on 31.4% usage: Do you really want to cut Porzi's usage to protect JB's?

Porzi even played almost as many games last year as Brown, at 65 to JB's 67. Granted, Porzi struggled with time lost to injuries and had some up and down performances in earlier years. which is why Brad could even trade for him without having to give up Brown. But it also notoriously takes big men longer to pull their whole games together, and Porzi is just a year older than Brown.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,959

Post#94 » by Larry_Russell » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:55 am

cloverleaf wrote:
dans1230 wrote:

Porzi is so much better than Brown at this point on BBIQ, passing, defense, consistency and size it's not IMO even close, especially for what the C's need. He will be able to actually play with Tatum (and Brown) and make Tatum's (and Brown's) job easier.

Last year Porzi had a 27.4% for a .627 TS%. Compare that to Brown's .581 TS% on 31.4% usage: Do you really want to cut Porzi's usage to protect JB's?

Porzi even played almost as many games last year as Brown, at 65 to JB's 67. Granted, Porzi struggled with time lost to injuries and had some up and down performances in earlier years. which is why Brad could even trade for him without having to give up Brown. But it also notoriously takes big men longer to pull their whole games together, and Porzi is just a year older than Brown.

If healthy, in todays nba, kristaps is easily superior to Brown.

Its not really debateable, imo. He is better at everything.

Add to that his fit with Tatum is so much better. Tatum and KP pick and roll/pick and pop all game long.

No more tatum attacking from the wong followed by a jaylen attack from the wing followed by a tatum attack from the wing etc.

This move knocks Brown down a peg, imo.

Probs puts Brown 1 foot out the door too. Cannot see him being happy as a 3rd banana, and I hope the celtics are not planning on running the same offense of my turn your turn and only letting KP feed off the spill over.

Need to create mismatches

Tatum/kp pick and rolls all game long....
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#95 » by cloverleaf » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:09 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
dans1230 wrote:Brown is a better player than Porzingis, he will be our 3rd best player which i think is the role hes best suited for. I think his scoring will drop by necessity, but his efficiency to improve.

If healthy, in todays nba, kristaps is easily superior to Brown.

Its not really debateable, imo. He is better at everything.

Add to that his fit with Tatum is so much better. Tatum and KP pick and roll/pick and pop all game long.

No more tatum attacking from the wong followed by a jaylen attack from the wing followed by a tatum attack from the wing etc.

This move knocks Brown down a peg, imo.

Probs puts Brown 1 foot out the door too. Cannot see him being happy as a 3rd banana, and I hope the celtics are not planning on running the same offense of my turn your turn and only letting KP feed off the spill over.

Need to create mismatches

Tatum/kp pick and rolls all game long....

Agreed re: JB keeping his proverbial nose out of joint, this time re: Tatum and Porzi both being better than him. My concern is how much Mazzulla warps the team's play to humor JB while he's here.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#96 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:30 pm

Read on Twitter
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach
And1: 5,841

Post#97 » by lon3lytoaster » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:09 pm

What was his deal in Dallas? That he beefed a little with Luka and wasn’t Dirk?
Ville5
Sophomore
And1: 313

Post#98 » by Ville5 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:51 pm

lon3lytoaster wrote:What was his deal in Dallas? That he beefed a little with Luka and wasn’t Dirk?

I can't find it right now but I remember one interview soon after KP was traded to the Wizards, and he was asked something about the biggest misconception about him or his time in Dallas, and KP said that it's his "beef" with Luka. He said that in reality they have a very good relationship and there was never any beef.

I've seen Kristaps say in many interviews and for many years that he is relatively slow to regain his form after he's been sidelined for a while with an injury. That was part of what was going on in Dallas. He had some niggling injuries and couldn't get into a good rhythm. But I also think that he was mostly traded because the team was underperforming (even though KP's stats in that season were quite good) and the front office wanted to make a change. Somehow KP and Luka couldn't make it work together on the court.

You might find this interesting, it's KP's presser after he was just traded:
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,991

Post#99 » by Floody100 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:45 pm

Ville5 wrote:
lon3lytoaster wrote:What was his deal in Dallas? That he beefed a little with Luka and wasn’t Dirk?

I can't find it right now but I remember one interview soon after KP was traded to the Wizards, and he was asked something about the biggest misconception about him or his time in Dallas, and KP said that it's his "beef" with Luka. He said that in reality they have a very good relationship and there was never any beef.

I've seen Kristaps say in many interviews and for many years that he is relatively slow to regain his form after he's been sidelined for a while with an injury. That was part of what was going on in Dallas. He had some niggling injuries and couldn't get into a good rhythm. But I also think that he was mostly traded because the team was underperforming (even though KP's stats in that season were quite good) and the front office wanted to make a change. Somehow KP and Luka couldn't make it work together on the court.

You might find this interesting, it's KP's presser after he was just traded:

I think he was frustrated with his role too. Imagine having the talent he has & being told for most of the game to stay on the perimeter & wait for Luka to pass you the ball.
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Post#100 » by BleedGreen1989 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:43 pm

Lit.

Read on Twitter

Return to Boston Celtics