ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Oshae Brissett!

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,220

Re: Welcome to Boston, Oshae Brissett! 

Post#121 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:28 pm

░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
steefP2
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,710

Post#122 » by steefP2 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:41 pm

I enjoy watching this man play defense. Best wing defender for the Celtics off the bench since rookie jaylen
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 11,037

Post#123 » by CelticsPride18 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:05 pm

steefP2 wrote:I enjoy watching this man play defense. Best wing defender for the Celtics off the bench since rookie jaylen

We just need him to hit 35% of his threes he’s a playoff rotation guy
Scoonie
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,787

Post#124 » by Scoonie » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:32 pm

His shooting has been atrocious in the preseason, but hopefully he turns it around as he gets more comfortable. His shooting stats with Indiana weren't bad.
Dogen wrote:Celtics win despite Smart having -1 points for the game.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#125 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:03 pm

Read on Twitter
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,987

Post#126 » by KamikazeK » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:09 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rumors of the Celtics' bench's death have been greatly exaggerated. 8-)
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#127 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:11 pm

KamikazeK wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

People keep expecting points from the bench, they will keep getting disappointed. That's not their role. Every once in a while, you will see a Hauser or Pritchard go off but they don't even take enough shots to score in double digits (or get into a rhythm for that matter). PP and Hauser have to be better on D though if they want to stay on the floor.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#128 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:40 pm

31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,200

Post#129 » by 31to6 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:42 pm

Great debut. He, Lamar, and Svi and the rest of the bench are in an awesome spot to get some major flowers on national TV this season.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,610

Post#130 » by 165bows » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:01 pm

31to6 wrote:Great debut. He, Lamar, and Svi and the rest of the bench are in an awesome spot to get some major flowers on national TV this season.

We haven’t even got to the back to backs with no Al Horford or a starter out yet. These guys are going to get some shots at it.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,714

Post#131 » by return2glory » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:39 pm

Brissett made a huge impact in limited minutes. He is one guy I want to crack the rotation along with Stevens. These two bring this team what it needs. That's energy, hustle and defense. Both are athletic too.

On a team that has 5 guys that can score 20 or more on any given night, you need what Brissett and Stevens bring to the table.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 9,001

Post#132 » by sam_I_am » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:31 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

People keep expecting points from the bench, they will keep getting disappointed. That's not their role. Every once in a while, you will see a Hauser or Pritchard go off but they don't even take enough shots to score in double digits (or get into a rhythm for that matter). PP and Hauser have to be better on D though if they want to stay on the floor.

I agree but I think we need more minutes. It’s not as if the starting 5 exits and an entire bench crew comes in and only scores 8 points. If the bench can give quality minutes and the remaining starters get all the point who cares? I just want those guys to play 15-20 min without the team losing ground.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,939

Post#133 » by playa-hater » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:22 pm

Bump.. Had to go back 7 pages to find his thread.

My question is are we changing our mind on this player based on a small but seemingly impressive sample size? I must admit I was down on him early season not just because he was not making his outside shot (mainly baseline 3) but how Broken his shot appeared. I don't know if I am seeing things or not but his mechanics looks different and improved. He certainly is knocking some down. That allowed him to stay on the court and do what he does better, which is provide energy + Hustle.

Has he done enough to stay in any kind of regular season rotation consistently? Or will someone like Banton get a chance soon and Brisset gets relegated back to sitting??

** Side note, I love the energy of Brisset and Queta together.

Out west they have the "splash Brothers"

Our guys can be the "attack the Glass Brothers"
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,601

Post#134 » by brackdan70 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:01 pm

playa-hater wrote:Bump.. Had to go back 7 pages to find his thread.

My question is are we changing our mind on this player based on a small but seemingly impressive sample size? I must admit I was down on him early season not just because he was not making his outside shot (mainly baseline 3) but how Broken his shot appeared. I don't know if I am seeing things or not but his mechanics looks different and improved. He certainly is knocking some down. That allowed him to stay on the court and do what he does better, which is provide energy + Hustle.

Has he done enough to stay in any kind of regular season rotation consistently? Or will someone like Banton get a chance soon and Brisset gets relegated back to sitting??

He looks like a solid rotation 3-D guy to me.
Sign here
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,610

Post#135 » by 165bows » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:28 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:Rumors of the Celtics' bench's death have been greatly exaggerated. 8-)

I agree but I think we need more minutes. It’s not as if the starting 5 exits and an entire bench crew comes in and only scores 8 points. If the bench can give quality minutes and the remaining starters get all the point who cares? I just want those guys to play 15-20 min without the team losing ground.

6 games in November: .183 FG%
6 games in December: .923 FG%

:lol:
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,940

Post#136 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:42 pm

Crash Brothers?
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
RodyTur10
Junior
And1: 365

Post#137 » by RodyTur10 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:49 pm

I kind of like Brissett and Stevens. Their recent leaps helps with downsizing the minutes for Tatum and Brown.
In particular Brissett I can see as the 9th guy in the playoff rotation (10-15 minutes).
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,939

Post#138 » by playa-hater » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:25 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:

Crash Brothers?

Yours > mine..crash brothers it is..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
DatApcer_48
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#139 » by DatApcer_48 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 12:36 am

31to6 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:I couldn’t get through the video. He said “amazing games” at least 74 times in the first 3 or so minutes.

I made it 4.5 minutes, at which point it dawned on the content creator that if Oshea can just AVERAGE an amazing game, then he’ll be an all star because you won’t be able to deny his amazingness. #newsyoucanuse

Just saw that this thread was the reason that video blew up randomly. I'm the guy who made that video, and I appreciate that it was shared. But that's not at all what I was thinking. It was one of my first times making that style of video and I (clearly) didn't even write a script for it. I really just wanted to talk about how Oshae had been playing very well and had great potential. I'm sorry you didn't like it, but you could be less of a dick.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,256

Post#140 » by Hal14 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 2:38 am

brackdan70 wrote:

He looks like a solid rotation 3-D guy to me.

3&D, without the 3..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)

Return to Boston Celtics