ImageImageImage

Grant Williams Appreciation Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,593

Re: Grant Williams Appreciation Thread 

Post#121 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:42 pm

Read on Twitter

The Hornets might never lose again.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,220

Post#122 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:57 pm

If you could all stop hating on Grant, you'd realize he's the greatest motivator in NBA history.
Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,246

Post#123 » by Hal14 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:23 pm

Well, that explains a lot..

Read on Twitter
?s=20
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#124 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:46 am

I think Tatum gets along with and loves everyone.
Read on Twitter
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 6,844

Post#125 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:59 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:I think Tatum gets along with and loves everyone.
Read on Twitter

No it was just a typo, he was agreeing with Mike and meant to write:

Grant Williams= Grate Teammate!
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach
And1: 5,826

Post#126 » by lon3lytoaster » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:50 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:I think Tatum gets along with and loves everyone.
Read on Twitter

Yeah I don’t think anyone on the Celtics roster actually hated Grant but I do think this is a big reason why they made no effort to bring him back, which I’m all for.

Mike nailed it.. big ego on this dude and not good enough to be jawing with Jimmy Butler or Donovan Mitchell.
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#127 » by Deivork » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:05 pm

[quote="Hal14"]Well, that explains a lot..

Read on Twitter
?s=20[/quote ]

:o
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,532

Post#128 » by shackles10 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:50 pm

I heard Mike didn't even really say all that and just media taking it out of context. I'm too lazy to listen to it all and my computer speakers at work aren't working either.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,246

Post#129 » by Hal14 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:12 pm

shackles10 wrote:I heard Mike didn't even really say all that and just media taking it out of context. I'm too lazy to listen to it all and my computer speakers at work aren't working either.

Mike did say it. The clip I posted is only a minute long.

With that being said, it is a pointed question that the radio show host asked. The question was basically, "Was Grant Williams annoying?"

Mike didn't have to take the bait, of course. But it was bait, nonetheless..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#130 » by shackles10 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:25 pm

Hal14 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:I heard Mike didn't even really say all that and just media taking it out of context. I'm too lazy to listen to it all and my computer speakers at work aren't working either.

With that being said, it is a pointed question that the radio show host asked. The question was basically, "Was Grant Williams annoying?"

Did he elaborate on it more after the 1 minute though perhaps? Maybe a "he said it, not an edited quote, but when on to clarify himself more after that" situation? I suspect even if he didn't we'll get that from Mike soon enough as he doesn't want the controversy and especially not during his final season. Now will that be spin to save face for himself and Grant or will it be sincere and didn't intend for it to be taken that way we'll never know.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,184

Post#131 » by 31to6 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:24 pm

shackles10 wrote:
Hal14 wrote:

Did he elaborate on it more after the 1 minute though perhaps? Maybe a "he said it, not an edited quote, but when on to clarify himself more after that" situation? I suspect even if he didn't we'll get that from Mike soon enough as he doesn't want the controversy and especially not during his final season. Now will that be spin to save face for himself and Grant or will it be sincere and didn't intend for it to be taken that way we'll never know.

https://www.si.com/nba/celtics/news/mike-gorman-calls-grant-williams-annoying-and-bad-locker-room-guy-

Mike said plenty, clearly, and it's his right to, without worrying about any 'controversy', because my god it's Grant Williams who really rates not at all on Mike's GAF meter.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#132 » by shackles10 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:28 pm

31to6 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:
Hal14 wrote:Mike did say it. The clip I posted is only a minute long.

https://www.si.com/nba/celtics/news/mike-gorman-calls-grant-williams-annoying-and-bad-locker-room-guy-

Mike said plenty, clearly, and it's his right to, without worrying about any 'controversy', because my god it's Grant Williams who really rates not at all on Mike's GAF meter.

Fair enough. Still think he'll make a comment retracting at least a little if only because Tatum has since made a comment.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,184

Post#133 » by 31to6 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:28 pm

shackles10 wrote:
31to6 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

Fair enough. Still think he'll make a comment retracting at least a little if only because Tatum has since made a comment.

Didn't realize it was your week to handle the controls on the Mike Gorman 2000 :)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#134 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Apr 2, 2024 8:59 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Boston Celtics