ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Neemias Queta! – Converted to NBA Contract (Apr 8, 2024)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 9,088

Re: Welcome to Boston, Quetsy! – (Neemias Queta) 

Post#81 » by meatball sub » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:41 am

Can we convert his two way into a regular contract so he’d be able to play in the playoffs if he ends up developing well during the season?

What’s the deadline for that type of contract change?
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,778

Post#82 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:43 am

meatball sub wrote:Can we convert his two way into a regular contract so he’d be able to play in the playoffs if he ends up developing well during the season?

What’s the deadline for that type of contract change?

Last day of regular season. Before their final regular season game.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,999

Post#83 » by cl2117 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:32 am

He's incredibly ground-bound and heavy footed, which is understandable for a guy his size but probably an achilles heel.

I just don't see the defense getting good enough to land him anything more than emergency minutes. The fouls are a big problem, but even if he cut down on those I think he ends up as a bit of a tall traffic cone. And offensively he's going to be a blackhole apart from the occasional put back or dunk.

Best case scenario I see for him is being more of an enforcer type off the bench. Embiid has struggled to stay effective when shouldering the load for a playoff series because by the 4th quarter he's gassed. Having a guy who can lean on him and bang around a bit is key to sapping that energy. That's a pretty niche role, but probably his best chance at getting any playing time.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,380

Post#84 » by chrisab123 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:22 am

I like what I've seen. Give him the 15th spot and bring him in to bang low and be aggressive. He can block shots too
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#85 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Nice to have Quets in Joe’s toolkit.
Scoonie
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,787

Post#86 » by Scoonie » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:26 pm

https://kslsports.com/462146/former-utah-state-center-neemias-queta-tops-nba-draft-combine-measurements/

Neemias Queta’s NBA Draft Combine Measurements
Body Fat Percentage: 7.6 percent
Hand Length: 9.25 inches
Hand Width: 10.50 inches
Height (without shoes): 6 feet, 11.25 inches
Height (with shoes): 7 feet, 0.5 inches
Standing Reach: 9 feet, 4.5 inches
Weight: 248.4 lbs.
Wingspan: 7 feet, 4.0 inches
Dogen wrote:Celtics win despite Smart having -1 points for the game.
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,544

Post#87 » by snowman » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:55 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nice to have Quets in Joe’s toolkit.

I don't think Kornet could have made even half of those plays.
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,693

Post#88 » by Fantaxp7 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:55 pm

I was reading a tweet saying he typically comes in to pre season looking this good then doesn't look great during regular season. I hope Brad see the potential and thinks "I can fix him".

I am cringing thinking of when Al is resting or KP is injured and we see extended Kornet minutes. Queta seems to do everything Kornet can't do.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,672

Post#89 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:04 pm

Fantaxp7 wrote:I was reading a tweet saying he typically comes in to pre season looking this good then doesn't look great during regular season. I hope Brad see the potential and thinks "I can fix him".

I am cringing thinking of when Al is resting or KP is injured and we see extended Kornet minutes. Queta seems to do everything Kornet can't do.

It's not that Kornet can't do what Queta is doing, it's that he is not doing it. Kornet needs to refocus or become irrelevent.

Kornet can certainly run the rim, set picks, rebound and defend. Right now he isn't doing much. If Kornet is not going to do the right things then the Celtics will find someone who will.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 11,037

Post#90 » by CelticsPride18 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:45 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Fantaxp7 wrote:I was reading a tweet saying he typically comes in to pre season looking this good then doesn't look great during regular season. I hope Brad see the potential and thinks "I can fix him".

It's not that Kornet can't do what Queta is doing, it's that he is not doing it. Kornet needs to refocus or become irrelevent.

Kornet can certainly run the rim, set picks, rebound and defend. Right now he isn't doing much. If Kornet is not going to do the right things then the Celtics will find someone who will.

Kornet usually plays better with the starters.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,508

Post#91 » by Parliament10 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:16 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:

Kornet usually plays better with the starters.

"One in the Hand, is worth [10] in the Bush."
This is one of them instances where you gotta for the ten.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by Fantaxp7 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:20 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:

Kornet handling the ball when receiving a pass in recent memory has been terrible, the way he moves around down low, etc and defensive instincts and touch down low. Physically moving around Kornet is a stiff and is slow...I think these are areas where Queta looked better.

Kornet can hit a shot here and there, which is where I think Queta is lacking.
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by Fantaxp7 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:22 pm

I may just have rosey eyes over all from these pre season games.
50yrceltsfan
Sophomore
And1: 233

Post#94 » by 50yrceltsfan » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:23 pm

He plays smart, makes quick decisions with the ball - which is good for a 5. Won't have many turnovers. and last night he showed he can generate some nice assists.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,545

Post#95 » by shackles10 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:36 pm

I'm lagging on my preseason game viewing as I'm only done with the first Philly game, but on the limited amount I've watched so far and the highlights in here his hands are infinitely better than Kornet's. Luke would struggle to catch a cold that game, and was giving me serious Mark Blount vibes (without the Miracle Johan added bonus).
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#96 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:33 pm

Read on Twitter
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,999

Post#97 » by Curmudgeon » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:17 pm

The Celtics should convert Queta's deal to a regular one, along the lines of the deal given to Hauser, if possible.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#98 » by shackles10 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:35 pm

I like what we’ve seen from Queta so far. I’d almost rather waive Kornet than Gabriel to make the room too but there’s still a path to keep all 3 for now and keep Queta on a 2-way.
steefP2
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,705

Post#99 » by steefP2 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:16 am

shackles10 wrote:I like what we’ve seen from Queta so far. I’d almost rather waive Kornet than Gabriel to make the room too but there’s still a path to keep all 3 for now and keep Queta on a 2-way.

0 reason to rush. The guys on non guaranteed contracts only become guaranteed early jan iirc and Queta can play 50 games as a 2 way. So you can just have everyone 'till then with minimum consequences.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#100 » by shackles10 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:11 am

steefP2 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:I like what we’ve seen from Queta so far. I’d almost rather waive Kornet than Gabriel to make the room too but there’s still a path to keep all 3 for now and keep Queta on a 2-way.

0 reason to rush. The guys on non guaranteed contracts only become guaranteed early jan iirc and Queta can play 50 games as a 2 way. So you can just have everyone 'till then with minimum consequences.

Agreed. Imo he’s shown enough and seems to have enough potential to warrant a future conversation potentially, but not enough to rush it as you said.

Return to Boston Celtics