ImageImageImage

Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (New Poll)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Who would you prefer on a Jaylen Brown-led Unit? (Post-Trade Deadline)

Holiday/White
29%
Porzingis/Horford
26%
Kornet
No votes
Tillman
9%
Hauser
12%
Pritchard
15%
Mykhailiuk
No votes
Brissett
No votes
Queta
3%
Walsh/Springer
6%

Total votes: 34

ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,220

Re: Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (Poll is about JB-led Units) 

Post#21 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:44 am

JB has now gotten these backdoor passes from Porzingis, White, Jrue, and Horford. Keep cutting, dude.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,858

Post#22 » by KillahGhostface » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:02 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:I’d avoid Pritchard being out there with him, for one.

They are clearly trying to build chemistry with KP and Jaylen, so he’s going to be out there for sure.

Holiday
White
Jaylen
Porzingis
Fifth guy depends on the opponent.

Pritchard
Holiday/Svi (Jrue can only play so much lol)
Hauser
Tatum
Al

We saw a lot of this last night, minus Svi, and they were +4 when Tatum sat.

It maximizes everyone.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,556

Post#23 » by shackles10 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:20 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:

They are clearly trying to build chemistry with KP and Jaylen, so he’s going to be out there for sure.

Holiday
White
Jaylen
Porzingis

Pritchard
Hauser
Tatum
Al

It maximizes everyone.

It's almost like Joe reads our ****.
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,831

Post#24 » by Deivork » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:59 pm

Holiday
White
Jaylen
Porzingis

Pritchard
Hauser
Tatum
Al

This is an interesting exercise, and Joe seems to play around rotations sometimes indeed depending on the opponent.

I'd support though a more stablished rotation pattern. Joe's main choice already is Holiday White Jaylen Horford/Hauser Kristaps as soon as Tatum sits 7 minutes in the 1st quarter, then other things come into action. But I guess all non-Tatum units need some work still.
Riverwalk2021
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,656

Post#25 » by Riverwalk2021 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:02 am

Holiday and White for sure. Both can create, defend, pass and possess high bball iq. Problem is Brown doesn't let them have the ball. You would figure the better decision-makers handle the ball more but Brown like Smart has an established role. We just have to accept it and hope for more good nights than bad when the POs roll around :lol:
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,522

Post#26 » by Parliament10 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:10 am

Holiday
White
Jaylen
Porzingis

Pritchard
Hauser
Tatum
Al

It's hard to balance the Units.
But something like this.:

Brown
Jrue
Porzingis
(Horford/Brissett)
(Hauser/White/Svi)

Tatum
Pritchard
(Hauser/Svi)
Horford
(Brissett/Kornet/White)
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#27 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:18 am

Read on Twitter
Bleedsgreen
Pro Prospect
And1: 351

Post#28 » by Bleedsgreen » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:34 am

BK_2020 wrote:Where the option for Hawks players, on the Hawks?

"Kyrie will 100% win this standoff btw." A Comedian
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,342

Post#29 » by TheMartian » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:07 am

shackles10 wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:

Holiday
White
Jaylen
Porzingis

Pritchard
Hauser
Tatum
Al

It maximizes everyone.

It's almost like Joe reads our ****.

I wouldn't be surprised if some coaches actually do. I mean, RealGM has got to be one of the better forums out there with enough knowledgeable posters that know a thing or two about basketball. It wouldn't hurt to get some ideas on the web and RealGM is probably one of the first that pop up when you do a Google search.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,068

Post#30 » by exculpatory » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:40 am

7 should lead one of the bottom feeders in the NBA & should be traded as soon as feasible to some dummy GM & owner stupid enogh to give us a great package of quality depth.

Then he can score an inefficient 25 PPG for a loser, let another city admire his brain dead basketball instincts, too frequent selfish play, & despicable A/TO ratio.

Then he can retire to that city, & become a pro boxer and/or perhaps a synchronized Olympic underwater swimmer teamed with Doris Burke.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,716

Post#31 » by GoCeltics123 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:33 pm

I've said it before but Jaylen is basically the MPJ of this team now. His role needs to be to score off-the-ball and not play braindead defense. MPJ's advanced stats are also bad, fwiw.

He can't be the reason this team doesn't win the title, because if he is, then he's gotta go. If Joe lets him handle the ball too much, this team won't win anything. The only time he should handle the ball is with pick and rolls with KP, because it's pretty impossible to fail with pick and rolls with Porzingis lol.

The way they used him against the Raptors in the second half was perfect...more of that.

My biggest concern besides health with this team is everybody staying in their lane come playoff time...they won last game in huge reason because Derrick White made everything, and he's going to need to do that when guys are out. Jaylen's role on this team definitely worries me, but it can work if he plays like MPJ did last year for Denver.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 9,004

Post#32 » by sam_I_am » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:20 pm

Top 20 scoring leaders who are second options:*
1. Maxey
2. Lillard
3. Brown

NBA players averaging more than 20 ppg as their team’s second highest scorer:*
1. Maxey
2. Lillard
3. Brown
4. Kyrie
5. Anthony Davis
6. Murray
7. Jimmy Butler
8. Zion
9. DeRozan
10. Towns
11. Kawhi

* Booker or Durant will end up here too when Booker plays more games.

Decent defenders on that list:
1. Brown
2. Anthony Davis
3. Murray
4. Butler
5. Kawhi

Not bad for our 4th highest paid player this year. Some pretty great names on that list. Next year when supermax kicks in…..we can talk about how overpaid he potentially will be. Right now, it’s silly to complain.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,945

Post#33 » by playa-hater » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:37 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:I've said it before but Jaylen is basically the MPJ of this team now. His role needs to be to score off-the-ball and not play braindead defense. MPJ's advanced stats are also bad, fwiw.

He can't be the reason this team doesn't win the title, because if he is, then he's gotta go. If Joe lets him handle the ball too much, this team won't win anything. The only time he should handle the ball is with pick and rolls with KP, because it's pretty impossible to fail with pick and rolls with Porzingis lol.

The way they used him against the Raptors in the second half was perfect...more of that.

My biggest concern besides health with this team is everybody staying in their lane come playoff time...they won last game in huge reason because Derrick White made everything, and he's going to need to do that when guys are out. Jaylen's role on this team definitely worries me, but it can work if he plays like MPJ did last year for Denver.

Well said. JB stan or Hater or anyone in between, I am not sure anyone can make a reasonable argument against this. But this is why I vent more about Joe than Brown. If many/most on here realize this about Brown, then certainly Joe and staff should. If JB goes "bad JB" then it falls upon our coach/s to force correction. If not them then who?
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,716

Post#34 » by GoCeltics123 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:48 pm

playa-hater wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:I've said it before but Jaylen is basically the MPJ of this team now. His role needs to be to score off-the-ball and not play braindead defense. MPJ's advanced stats are also bad, fwiw.

Well said. JB stan or Hater or anyone in between, I am not sure anyone can make a reasonable argument against this. But this is why I vent more about Joe than Brown. If many/most on here realize this about Brown, then certainly Joe and staff should. If JB goes "bad JB" then it falls upon our coach/s to force correction. If not them then who?

I'm not a stan or hater of Jaylen, I would say I'm kinda low on him but I think he can be great if used effectively.

The Knicks and Raptors games were HUGE steps forward from Joe in terms of using JB. He was almost exclusively off-the-ball and the offense clearly benefitted from it.

Joe during this win streak has been much better, the offense has been run exclusively through Tatum and KP and it looks so much better (and Derrick last game).
timpiker
Senior
And1: 428

Post#35 » by timpiker » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:08 pm

I don't want JB handling the ball. He needs Pritchard and he needs to run. When JB is hitting his 3's and running on fast breaks, look out. In the slow, half-court offense, if he's not hitting his 3's, I prefer to see him on the bench.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#36 » by shackles10 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:39 pm

timpiker wrote:I don't want JB handling the ball. He needs Pritchard and he needs to run. When JB is hitting his 3's and running on fast breaks, look out. In the slow, half-court offense, if he's not hitting his 3's, I prefer to see him on the bench.

Pritchard and JB are my least favorite pairing. The two players most likely to dribble into traffic.
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,858

Post#37 » by KillahGhostface » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:41 pm

shackles10 wrote:
timpiker wrote:I don't want JB handling the ball. He needs Pritchard and he needs to run. When JB is hitting his 3's and running on fast breaks, look out. In the slow, half-court offense, if he's not hitting his 3's, I prefer to see him on the bench.

Pritchard and JB are my least favorite pairing. The two players most likely to dribble into traffic.

I thought this was funny, and eye opening.

White/Pritchard: +24.4
Jaylen/Pritchard: +0.2
Holiday/Pritchard: +26.0
Zinger/Pritchard: +8.2
Tatum/Pritchard: +23.4
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#38 » by shackles10 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:43 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

So his best pairings are with another primary ball handler (i.e. White, Holiday, Tatum) which totally matches the eye-test.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#39 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:50 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

Isn't that pattern prevalent to pretty much anyone you pair him with?

shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#40 » by shackles10 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:55 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

Isn't that pattern prevalent to pretty much anyone you pair him with?

Return to Boston Celtics