ImageImageImage

Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (New Poll)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who would you prefer on a Jaylen Brown-led Unit? (Post-Trade Deadline)

Holiday/White
32%
Porzingis/Horford
27%
Kornet
No votes
Tillman
9%
Hauser
9%
Pritchard
9%
Mykhailiuk
No votes
Brissett
No votes
Queta
5%
Walsh/Springer
9%

Total votes: 22

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,718

Re: Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (New Poll) 

Post#521 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:21 pm

There's a certain irony in Jaylen's problem being his left hand ...
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,254

Post#522 » by djFan71 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:26 pm

Objectivity
Junior
And1: 245

Post#523 » by Objectivity » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:46 pm

Father Time is undefeated.

JB been resting, jogging off ball on defense, not helping the helper, getting stuffed more frequently, and barely attempting to rebound all season. Never really sure what percent is effort, IQ, or Father Time cumulative aches.

However, the hand is the biggest concern again going into the playoffs. His handles were already hanging on by a thread.

Rest is good, but as you age too much rest leads to rust.

The point guards MUST be the primary ball handlers ALL playoffs.

No more Point JB.
Celticfan_N_FL
Analyst
And1: 1,028

Post#524 » by Celticfan_N_FL » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:54 am

Objectivity wrote:Father Time is undefeated.

JB been resting, jogging off ball on defense, not helping the helper, getting stuffed more frequently, and barely attempting to rebound all season. Never really sure what percent is effort, IQ, or Father Time cumulative aches.

However, the hand is the biggest concern again going into the playoffs. His handles were already hanging on by a thread.

No more Point JB.
LOL
None of this is true.
Sweet Serenity
Senior
And1: 938

Post#525 » by Sweet Serenity » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:48 am

No more Point JB.

These long-ass paragraphs you do once a week need to stop mate. They make no sense, make you look like a fool & waste both yours & our time.
Objectivity
Junior
And1: 245

Post#526 » by Objectivity » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:54 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:

No more Point JB.

These long-ass paragraphs you do once a week need to stop mate. They make no sense, make you look like a fool & waste both yours & our time.

Leader of the JB cult, who never talks basketball and averages 4+ posts a day, is concerned about wasting time?

We have enough evidence of your low basketball IQ. Not expecting you to understand basic grade school team basketball intangibles.

Help the Helper, Weak side defense, Block out your man,
Ball faster than the dribble, head on swivel, don’t die on screens = can’t compute

You can’t see past the box score. JB Score!! Now you’re talking my language!!! JB flashy play? MVP!!!

I’ll continue to ignore you. All you do is attack people in the game thread. Yawn. But if I respond to your childish pokes, briefly and bluntly, immediate ban. Truth hurts.

After so many years, JB is clown funny to watch because he processes the game so slow compared to the adults in the room. It’s just entertainment.

You, however are a waste of time. I’ll continue to ignore.
Sweet Serenity
Senior

Post#527 » by Sweet Serenity » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:28 am

Objectivity wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:

No more Point JB.

Leader of the JB cult, who never talks basketball and averages 4+ posts a day, is concerned about wasting time?

We have enough evidence of your low basketball IQ. Not expecting you to understand basic grade school team basketball intangibles.

Help the Helper, Weak side defense, Block out your man,
Ball faster than the dribble, head on swivel, don’t die on screens = can’t compute

You can’t see past the box score. JB Score!! Now you’re talking my language!!! JB flashy play? MVP!!!

I’ll continue to ignore you. All you do is attack people in the game thread. Yawn. But if I respond to your childish pokes, briefly and bluntly, immediate ban. Truth hurts.

After so many years, JB is clown funny to watch because he processes the game so slow compared to the adults in the room. It’s just entertainment.

You, however are a waste of time. I’ll continue to ignore.

Oh the irony of questioning my IQ when you think father time is sneaking up to a 27 year old ..

It’s quite hilarious that you don’t realise that every member on this forum that stumbles on your Jaylen posts thinks you’re a fool. You might want to go back the last couple of pages to see that not one of your posts has been liked but has been met with replies of people laughing at how useless, obsessive & nonsensical they are.

Sweet Serenity wrote:Just imagine how better their life would be if they just enjoyed the good things Jaylen does.
Yes we all get he has his flaws which is why he’s around the 25-30th best player in the league & not higher but I feel as though he’s trying to play more team basketball this year.

But hey I guess with quotes like these I guess I’m a “JB Cult member” aren’t I ?
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,947

Post#528 » by BK_2020 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:10 pm

The Thinking Basketball guys rated Jaylen as the 3rd best Jalen/Jaylen/Jaylin in their latest pod. Jalen Brunson was 1st, Jalen Williams was 2nd. The way they talked, they'll probably move at least Jalen Suggs over him next season.
Sweet Serenity
Senior

Post#529 » by Sweet Serenity » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:13 pm

So people aren’t confused as to what Jaylen’s biggest fan is saying, Ben & Cody of The Thinking Basketball Pod did a playoff draft in which they had to pick a team of 6 heading into the playoffs.
They had 5 categories to pick from:
All-NBA
All-Star
Sub all-star
2 role players
6th man

Players they were drafting from could only occupy one category which meant Jaylen was in the All-NBA category. The boys picked Luka & Tatum respectively for that specific category which meant of course that Jaylen couldn’t be drafted. Brunson & Williams fit the other categories so they were picked in Cody’s team.

This wasn’t a rating system between the players as BK would have you thinking.
ryan in Maine
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,557

Post#530 » by ryan in Maine » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:24 pm

It's pretty obvious that BK_2020 wants to **** JB.

Not ok at all. If you don’t like their takes ignore them or respond to the post without attacker the poster. - Shackles
Listen to Sinister by CZARFACE @YouTube
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#531 » by BK_2020 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:03 pm

Sweet Serenity wrote:So people aren’t confused as to what Jaylen’s biggest fan is saying, Ben & Cody of The Thinking Basketball Pod did a playoff draft in which they had to pick a team of 6 heading into the playoffs.
All-NBA
All-Star
Sub all-star
2 role players
6th man

Players they were drafting from could only occupy one category which meant Jaylen was in the All-NBA category. The boys picked Luka & Tatum respectively for that specific category which meant of course that Jaylen couldn’t be drafted. Brunson & Williams fit the other categories so they were picked in Cody’s team.

There was a ranking of Jalens/Jaylens/Jaylins in their latest pod. The one you are mentioning is the one before.
Maybe don't do a PSA if you don't know what you're talking about.
Sweet Serenity
Senior

Post#532 » by Sweet Serenity » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:11 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:So people aren’t confused as to what Jaylen’s biggest fan is saying, Ben & Cody of The Thinking Basketball Pod did a playoff draft in which they had to pick a team of 6 heading into the playoffs.
All-NBA
All-Star
Sub all-star
2 role players
6th man

There was a ranking of Jalens/Jaylens/Jaylins in their latest pod. The one you are mentioning is the one before.
Maybe don't do a PSA if you don't know what you're talking about.

My bad, didn’t notice that.
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,713

Post#533 » by Tatumfor2 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 5:33 am

This is great. Unless you "know ball" then I'm sure it's garbage. I'd give Coaching some credit here as well, but that can't possibly be involved.

Win it for Al!!! :pray:
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,083

Post#534 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:15 am

Congrats, JB! 15th in franchise history.

brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,332

Post#535 » by brackdan70 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:16 pm

No more Point JB.

He’s 27yo. What the hell are you talking about. Just trolling?
Sign here
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#536 » by BK_2020 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:19 pm

brackdan70 wrote:

No more Point JB.

I don't know how long you've been watching the Celtics but Jaylen's hops have declined significantly since his first few seasons. And even the he wasn't much of a leaper. Same with his lateral movement. He's gotten stronger and straight-line speed doesn't decline as quickly but like 100% of humans including pro basketball players, Jaylen's athleticism has been declining since his early 20s.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,332

Post#537 » by brackdan70 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:29 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:

No more Point JB.

I don't know how long you've been watching the Celtics but Jaylen's hops have declined significantly since his first few seasons. And even the he wasn't much of a leaper. Same with his lateral movement. He's gotten stronger and straight-line speed doesn't decline as quickly but like 100% of humans including pro basketball players, Jaylen's athleticism has been declining since his early 20s.

You are overstating. Look up the word significantly.
Athletic peak is generally 25 but can be anywhere between 25-30. I haven’t peaked yet at age 53.
Yeah I won’t disagree that his pure athleticism is a bit off from 5 years ago but strength and the rest of his game have improved and are still improving. Come back with the Father Time convo in 5 years.
We can talk about Father Time with Jrue or Al though.
Sign here
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#538 » by BK_2020 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:38 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:He’s 27yo. What the hell are you talking about. Just trolling?

Athletic peak is generally 25 but can be anywhere between 25-30. I haven’t peaked yet at age 53.
Yeah I won’t disagree that his pure athleticism is a bit off from 5 years ago but strength and the rest of his game have improved and are still improving. Come back with the Father Time convo in 5 years.

Athletic peak is like 20-22 years old. Think of track and field guys. How many of them are tops in the world at age 25 and beyond? You need to be an athletic freak of Usain Bolt's level to stay relevant after 25.
More saliently, Jaylen Brown has good tools, very good even, but is certainly not at the level of truly athletic guys like Ant Edwards. His leap and his lateral movement were also his weakest tools, and they are predictably declining faster (or they declined from a lower plateau).
He's made growths in reading the game and also added things to his game like a turnaround jumper, but I am not optimistic that those growths will let him be relevant for much longer. To begin with it's just not very promising that it took him 8 whole years to learn how to shoot a turnaround that Franz Wagner could do since his rookie season.
Stan34
Senior
And1: 441

Post#539 » by Stan34 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:47 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:I don't know how long you've been watching the Celtics but Jaylen's hops have declined significantly since his first few seasons. And even the he wasn't much of a leaper. Same with his lateral movement. He's gotten stronger and straight-line speed doesn't decline as quickly but like 100% of humans including pro basketball players, Jaylen's athleticism has been declining since his early 20s.

Athletic peak is like 20-22 years old. Think of track and field guys. How many of them are tops in the world at age 25 and beyond? You need to be an athletic freak of Usain Bolt's level to stay relevant after 25.
More saliently, Jaylen Brown has good tools, very good even, but is certainly not at the level of truly athletic guys like Ant Edwards. His leap and his lateral movement were also his weakest tools, and they are predictably declining faster (or they declined from a lower plateau).
He's made growths in reading the game and also added things to his game like a turnaround jumper, but I am not optimistic that those growths will let him be relevant for much longer. To begin with it's just not very promising that it took him 8 whole years to learn how to shoot a turnaround that Franz Wagner could do since his rookie season.
Stop just stop? He shot a turnaround jumper off the glass literally in his first NBA game. Playing on a team with championship aspiration he couldn't do all he wanted to do on the court.
On a great team you are allowed to take some kind of shot only if those are efficient.
Franz Wagner played in Orlando, a lottery team until this year.
Tatum took 7 years to shot a decent midrange jumper. Not a good sign?

Inviato dal mio CPH2399 utilizzando Tapatalk
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#540 » by BK_2020 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:51 pm

Stan34 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:You are overstating. Look up the word significantly.

Stop just stop? He shot a turnaround jumper off the glass literally in his first NBA game. Playing on a team with championship aspiration he couldn't do all he wanted to do on the court.
On a great team you are allowed to take some kind of shot only if those are efficient.
Franz Wagner played in Orlando, a lottery team until this year.
Tatum took 7 years to shot a decent midrange jumper. Not a good sign?

Inviato dal mio CPH2399 utilizzando Tapatalk

Jeez I can't even compliment the guy without Stan34 getting upset??? Jaylen's turnaround is a new thing this season. He can now smoothly step back and shoot over either shoulder using his footwork. Before this season he had to launch himself backwards with all his might to get separation.

Return to Boston Celtics